Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fast Forward....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once the initial euphoria is over assuming we are in the Championship I would expect about 8,000 regular supporters topped up by the away support to an average of 10 - 11000.

Dont know if Leeds sold out yesterday as there seemed a fair few empty seats in their area.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think it's largely dependant on how successful we are on the pitch. I reckon a significant number of people will come to see a side that's doing well: but they'll soon disappear (or not bother going in the first place) if their local outfit are struggling. That's why I think it's critical that TB/The Board invest LARGE in the squad next summer, otherwise there's gonna be a damned-sight more empty seats than those with supporter's backsides on. Staying dry for the duration of a game, & marveling at the contemporary architecture of our new gaff ain't gonna cut it for the majority of punters whose custom the club seek to attract & maintain. Fingers & everything else crossed that it all works out for us in the end innit.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
We get 6,000 now so how can people say we'll only get 8,000 home fans at Falmer? I know LOADS of people who will go again when the stadium is open. If that's replicated across the board I'd say we'll be able to half-fill Falmer as a minimum.

Only thing that could stop that is pricing. Ok, all us real fans will go whatever it costs because it's what we've waited so long for, but if it costs £30 then it won't be a regular thing for the non-hardcore fan.

Agreed. As annoying as it will be in some ways, everybody will want a bit of Falmer initially. I suppose its a bit selfish feeling animosity towards people who didn't know we ever played at Gillingham let alone go up there... Also, our new ground is one of the better looking ones to have been built in the recent past.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Personally I don't care if people from Sussex only start going to Brighton games when Falmer opens.

As long as these people stick with us and get behind the team, then it can only be beneficial in the long run.

With regards to ticket prices, I would imagine prices would be very similar to what they are now. £400 for a season ticket is not bad value to watch football in a brand spanking new stadium, but I would hope prices would drop down in following seasons if we are still in League One.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sussex Uni - 12,000 students
Brighton Uni - 21,000 students

33,000 people in direct contact with Falmer.

Residents of Sussex - 400,000?

Huge potential to pick up football fans that do not or have got out of the habit of going to see a team every other week.

If I remember correctly, Oxford United sold season tickets to NUS students for £90 - Bargain!

D

Deleted member 2719

We get 6,000 now so how can people say we'll only get 8,000 home fans at Falmer? I know LOADS of people who will go again when the stadium is open. If that's replicated across the board I'd say we'll be able to half-fill Falmer as a minimum.

Only thing that could stop that is pricing. Ok, all us real fans will go whatever it costs because it's what we've waited so long for, but if it costs £30 then it won't be a regular thing for the non-hardcore fan.

I agree alot of people will talk of going but will they? A lot of people will change there allegiance at a drop of hat depending if we are in the right league and playing the Big clubs.
I know of several ex Albion fans now supporting the Pompey home and away just because Pompey were higher, Plastic fans or what ?We need to be higher than Pompey and Palace for some time to keep sustained capacity at Falmer IMO.

We have alot of building the fanbase to do IMO, although we have been doing some great work in the community for some time let's hope these kids fill it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Huge potential to pick up football fans that do not or have got out of the habit of going to see a team every other week.

If I remember correctly, Oxford United sold season tickets to NUS students for £90 - Bargain!

I think the population of Sussex as a whole is well over 1 million.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

I wouldn't be so sure about students going to watch albion. How many students are gonna watch a neutral team. Not many i'm sure. They might watch the odd game or when their home town is in town. Its good to have reduced st's for students and oap's (especially with an aging pop'n) but students won't make much of a difference i know mansfield and notts c do student st's for 150 which is good but it doesn't effect the attendance that much

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Brighton and Hove albion has huge potential and with good marketing and pr i'm sure will be getting crowds of 18000+ but in the begining i imagine there will be between 12-15k in the championship.
Pretty sure when we got promoted to the championship so many years ago applicants far exceeded that amount.Its just a guessing game but i would expect far more than 14k in the championship:thumbsup:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I wouldn't be so sure about students going to watch albion. How many students are gonna watch a neutral team. Not many i'm sure. They might watch the odd game or when their home town is in town. Its good to have reduced st's for students and oap's (especially with an aging pop'n) but students won't make much of a difference i know mansfield and notts c do student st's for 150 which is good but it doesn't effect the attendance that much

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of students there if the tickets are priced correctly.

It's not exactly as though the stadium will be a TREK from campus compared to other stadia in other University cities.

The prospect of 3rd or perhaps even 2nd tier football at say £15 a pop will almost certainly be enough to encourage some students to come and watch.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Who cares about tax dodging lazy students anyway as all they do is cost the club more money with reduced ticket prices:annoyed:while the rest of us hard working tax payers get charged full price:angry:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of students there if the tickets are priced correctly.

It's not exactly as though the stadium will be a TREK from campus compared to other stadia in other University cities.

The prospect of 3rd or perhaps even 2nd tier football at say £15 a pop will almost certainly be enough to encourage some students to come and watch.

£15 is too much for students more like a tenner. They would rather spend there cash on booze. I wouldn't pay more than a tenner to go watch derby. A few of the lads in my class (and a few hundred from the uni perhaps) went and watched derby v bristol during a midweek game but they wouldn't have gone unless it wasn't for being only a fiver. Sometimes they even give away 100 tickets to random students on the campus. Notts c recently gave away 5000 tickets to students at nottingham uni. So students will come but don't expect them to pay much if anything at all.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Out of interest what sort of price do we anticipate for Falmer. I can't see ti being cheaper than Withdean but maybe the same price as it is now.
Would still be deemed too expensive for many people

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I here what your saying about midalnds and there passion for the game.

But i'm not sure what you're saying about not being able to turn up on the day and buy a ticket at the ground. I do this all the time with friends, just turn up at Notts, Burton, Derby and pay on gate. You can do this at most grounds up and down the country. I know you can't do it at withers prob because they can't afford to pay for enough staff to be selling tickets at the ground. But that will all change at Falmer, you will be able to buy on the day, otherwise that 'd be shooting themselves in the wallet

You will be able to buy tickets on the day, but not at the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here