Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fast Forward....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2 seasons, if yesterdays game had been played at Falmer with Leeds United top of Div 1, Brighton under new management of Gus Poyet...what do you think the attendance would have been? What about the remainder of this seasons fixtures? Who would attract near sell-outs in this division if we were playing at Falmer bearing in mind a lot of teams would sell-out their away allocation:falmer:

Leeds...............22,000
Southhampton................20,000
Charlton..........................18,000
Millwall..............................20,000

Too high? What is your take on this and what would be the lowest gates?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brighton and Hove albion has huge potential and with good marketing and pr i'm sure will be getting crowds of 18000+ but in the begining i imagine there will be between 12-15k in the championship.

That is a very big assumption we will be in the Championship.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
even in this league i think we'd 10-12k for your average home game

Can't see it myself as there is a very flat economic outlook for the next three years coupled with rising unemployment.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
even in this league i think we'd 10-12k for your average home game
right

I think that is about , but i would have gone yesterday if it had been at Falmer............went to Saints last week, i just dont want to sit in the open getting soaked anymore (at a cost of over 25 quid).....Leeds would have doubled their away support and thousands feel the same as me about attending games at Withdean. Bad fans we may be but there are thousands of us believe me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Current harcore is 3k

I think once the first few games passed and we were say in the same position we are now then I reckon we'd get 8k boosted more by decent away support.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
right

I think that is about , but i would have gone yesterday if it had been at Falmer............went to Saints last week, i just dont want to sit in the open getting soaked anymore (at a cost of over 25 quid).....Leeds would have doubled their away support and thousands feel the same as me about attending games at Withdean. Bad fans we may be but there are thousands of us believe me.

I'm not suprised you stayaway cos of the rain. The fact is you can get ill getting drenched in the cold. They should have put a temporary roof up yrs ago, criminal that they didn't really

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
It would be interesting to know the total number of individual fans that have attended Withdean in say the past 3 seasons. That's probably impossible to get but would give you a good figurea bout what the potential might be for attendance plus maybe 5% for Withdean stayaways.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I dont live their anymore but if i did i doubt i would go to withdean because of the weather/atmosphere. I remember taking my son around about 2000, 2001 and we sat in the south stand in torrential rain and he was so wet and cold he was actually in tears, thats not what going to football is about.
As said above they should have put up a temporary roof years ago, they knew we were going to be at Withdean for years.

D

Deleted member 2719

right

I can't see Falmer being much less than £25 unless we are in the League 2.

Poncho's are only a quid and you can take them home for sex games!

:thumbsup:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm pretty sure we'll gat the big crowds when Falmer opens. Even the non footballing folk of B&H have been following this story and it will be a stadium that Sussex can be proud of and people will come along & hopefully they will stay.

There should be scope for more creative entrance charges with plenty of posh seats hopefully subsidising cheaper packages in other areas of the ground. Mind you, I've always said the club should already do a £15.00 east Stand ticket.

Away fans will love it. It was always a good trip to come to Brighton and we've really lost out at Withers where many away fans will not come back because of the poor facilities. more away fans will add to the atmosphere.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I can't see Falmer being much less than £25 unless we are in the League 2.

Poncho's are only a quid and you can take them home for sex games!

:thumbsup:

I'm probably past it now but sounds like a good subject for a poll in to who has used a poncho in a sex game?

1066gull

a lot of elders around my area (hailsham, hastings and so on) who went when they were young at the goldstone will go when falmer is built but not withdean

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'll make more effort to attend home games once the new ground is built, an eight hour round trip for Withdean doesn't appeal somehow.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Can't see it myself as there is a very flat economic outlook for the next three years coupled with rising unemployment.

If over 30,000 turn up at pride park avery league match (not that im comparing the clubs), even with a grim economic outlook, then we should be able to reach that figure i mentioned earlier, not everyone is effected by the recession of course

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
If over 30,000 turn up at pride park avery league match (not that im comparing the clubs), even with a grim economic outlook, then we should be able to reach that figure i mentioned earlier, not everyone is effected by the recession of course

Midlands is a hotbed of football with loads of choices of clubs around to go too. Derby have the history and prestige.

Brighton is in a very conservative area with no real passion for any of the major sports.

I would imagine we would be doing very well to get 10k in Division 1 at Falmer in 2 years - unless we are riding high near the top.

Its not going to be like the Goldstone when you could just turn up on match day and attend. Thi will deter lots of potential fans

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Midlands is a hotbed of football with loads of choices of clubs around to go too. Derby have the history and prestige.

Brighton is in a very conservative area with no real passion for any of the major sports.

I would imagine we would be doing very well to get 10k in Division 1 at Falmer in 2 years - unless we are riding high near the top.

Its not going to be like the Goldstone when you could just turn up on match day and attend. Thi will deter lots of potential fans

I here what your saying about midalnds and there passion for the game.

But i'm not sure what you're saying about not being able to turn up on the day and buy a ticket at the ground. I do this all the time with friends, just turn up at Notts, Burton, Derby and pay on gate. You can do this at most grounds up and down the country. I know you can't do it at withers prob because they can't afford to pay for enough staff to be selling tickets at the ground. But that will all change at Falmer, you will be able to buy on the day, otherwise that 'd be shooting themselves in the wallet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here