Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Farage: The Man Who Made Brexit (C4 pm)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Apologies for quoting myself but I wanted to add (given the title of the thread and premise of the show), Farage is not in any way someone who has "done" anything to make Brexit happen. He didn't call the referendum, he didn't lead the official Leave campaign, he didn't vote to trigger Article 50 (because he's not, and never has been, an MP), he has not been on the negotiating team for the Withdrawal Agreement and he has not voted in favour of it. He's done literally NOTHING to make Brexit actually happen. What he's done is sniped, jeered and bluffed his way round without having to do any of the actual hard work involved in making it work.

And if / when things start going wrong (or at least not how was promised, which is nigh on impossible to achieve), guess who'll be all over the place telling us how it's all the fault of those people who DID make Brexit happen, and how if only he'd been in charge of it (not that he ever had any intention of being, but it's all part of his narrative) everything would be wonderful? The streets would be paved with gold, milk and honey would flow forth and it'd snow at Christmas. And there'll be thousands upon thousands of fools out there who will unquestioningly swallow his every word, because "good old Nigel told it like it is and got us Brexit which they then ballsed up" and round the whole sorry loop we have to go again.

In the meantime he'll go back to being paid to be "controversial". Because that's all that matters to many these days, not whether or not these people actually know anything about the thing they're talking about (and Farage, considering how long he was an MEP, is staggeringly ill-informed about the EU), but that they're good entertainment. They'll line him up against some sop on the other side (he refuses to go up against people he knows can run rings round him, like James O'Brien) and win his little victory, which his supporters can lap up and continue the cult of Brave Sir Nigel. Who knows what his next target for unjustified outrage is going to be, although my guess is something like the smoking ban.

Don’t apologise for quoting yourself, it’s to be expected, living in that echo chamber of yours.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
NHS.jpg

Still, looking forward to this from next week...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So much hate and division he has brought to this country, and some unpleasant parallels of the past

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 59

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

🙄

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A tweet from a f*ckwit with a scary picture of a f*ckwit
I totally agree.

Unfortunately two very dangerous f*ckwits.

Like so many despots from recent history....love them or hate them ( and I hate them), they are both charismatic to the stupid and thoughtless of this world..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's such a prat.
I'd say insufferable bellend.

I know it's almost certainly never going to happen, but can you imagine if this guy was PM and he had to meet with world leaders. Car crash waiting to happen.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Honestly

How the f*** did that **** get given the time of day

Irritating parish councillor at best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here