Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage stays as UKIP leader after resignation rejected

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
"Mr Farage is to remain as UKIP leader after the party rejected his resignation.

Mr Farage had previously said he would stand down after failing to win a seat in last week's general election.

But the party said there was "overwhelmingly evidence" the UKIP membership did not want Mr Farage to go."

Since when was this allowed to happen?! ???

UKIP: just like all the other 'politicians' and 'the political class'.
This can only be interpreted as either going back on his word (i.e. a lie) or playing with words and stretching the truth. In other words, UKIP/Farage are endorsing the approach of 'the political class' and will find it more difficult to present itself as anti-establishment (although how they managed to convince so many that they were is more surprising still).

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'But the party said there was "overwhelmingly evidence" the UKIP membership did not want Mr Farage to go."'

The UKIP Ruling body freaked out when he didnt get his seat, and there was panic, as they knew they are completely ****ed without him. To try and convince people that the 'membership' wanted him to stay..a couple of days after the defeat is a little bit....bollocks,... but par for the course for this lot.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Kent Police are making inquiries into a report of electoral fraud in the Thanet South seat, contested in the general election by Nigel Farage.

The result was not declared at the count at Margate's Winter Gardens until about 10.35 GMT on Friday, hours later than expected.

BBC reporters were told by officials at the time the delays were caused by the sheer volume of ballot papers and problems verifying the postal vote. Turnout was 69%, up from 65% in 2010.

Claims of suspicious behaviour appeared on social media following the delays. Labour's South Thanet candidate Will Scobie, who received 11,740 votes, said he thought the count took a long time because they were "trying to do two constituencies at once".

"If police are investigating we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is," he added."

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
"Kent Police are making inquiries into a report of electoral fraud in the Thanet South seat, contested in the general election by Nigel Farage.

The result was not declared at the count at Margate's Winter Gardens until about 10.35 GMT on Friday, hours later than expected.

BBC reporters were told by officials at the time the delays were caused by the sheer volume of ballot papers and problems verifying the postal vote. Turnout was 69%, up from 65% in 2010.

Claims of suspicious behaviour appeared on social media following the delays. Labour's South Thanet candidate Will Scobie, who received 11,740 votes, said he thought the count took a long time because they were "trying to do two constituencies at once".

"If police are investigating we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is," he added."

Ah UKIP

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 164

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Your life cant be too great if you feel the need to obsess over a UKIP morning, noon and night.

Its nice to laugh at work.. thanks for your concern. My life is fine. Im not a frustrated UKIP supporter.

Have you asked the same thing to the usual NSC right wingers on the thread about Labour being bad losers? Should I check? :lol:

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm pissed off with Labour and will never vote for that party again. UKIP will continue to get my vote until such a time we get proper border controls back in this country, and when it feels like British people are allowed to speak again without being labelled as racists, xenophobes and islmaphobes.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm pissed off with Labour and will never vote for that party again. UKIP will continue to get my vote until such a time we get proper border controls back in this country, and when it feels like British people are allowed to speak again without being labelled as racists, xenophobes and islmaphobes.

You mean controls like this? https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/overview

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm talking about numbers, I would like it back down to what it used to be 30,000 - 50,000 per year, not 300,000 per year.
This country will never catch up otherwise.

Even though it has been demonstrated that lower levels of immigration fail to boost gross domestic profit?

Just in terms of economics, there is evidence to suggest that without the demand caused by mass immigration, house prices could be 10 per cent lower over a 20 year period.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The idea that Britain will return to a green and pleasant land isolated form the rest of the world while still having influence over it is bonkers. The world has moved on. In actual fact Britain never really was an isolated land, independent of the wider world as we used to run 2/3 of the rest of the world and had huge trade links over the globe.
Unless you want to go really far back and await the Vikings again?
This is not a time to be isolated.

when you say Britain you are including the part that wants to cede from it, based on a very regional viewpoint and misty eyed nationalism, featuring mountains and bagpipes and that. The south of England is by far the most international and worldly of any part of Britain, fed up of being knocked as little England ish. its simply not true. not losing control, and any deluded vision of returning to vicarage at grantchester style bucolic England, are two different things, and the accusations that people want or dream for that is a massive red herring.

D

Deleted member 22389

Even though it has been demonstrated that lower levels of immigration fail to boost gross domestic profit?

Just in terms of economics, there is evidence to suggest that without the demand caused by mass immigration, house prices could be 10 per cent lower over a 20 year period.

I'm sure the country worked just fine without the need for an extra 250,000 people coming here every year.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
when you say Britain you are including the part that wants to cede from it, based on a very regional viewpoint and misty eyed nationalism, featuring mountains and bagpipes and that. The south of England is by far the most international and worldly of any part of Britain, fed up of being knocked as little England ish. its simply not true. not losing control, and any deluded vision of returning to vicarage at grantchester style bucolic England, are two different things, and the accusations that people want or dream for that is a massive red herring.

You'd be surprised how many little englanders long for a return to the crack of leather upon willow on the village green, afternoon delight with the vicars wife when he's out in the parish, the subtle clunk of China being set out on the lawn table as Father tuts from behind his rustling copy of the Times. An unaware village lass cycling through the market place with her petticoat clinging to her thighs in the breeze, a missed hammer on the thumb from the roof tiler as he watches her pass by, the skylark , the dove, the musty smell of the village bookshop. **** it, let's get out of the EU. I want that!

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You'd be surprised how many little englanders long for a return to the crack of leather upon willow on the village green, afternoon delight with the vicars wife when he's out in the parish, the subtle clunk of China being set out on the lawn table as Father tuts from behind his rustling copy of the Times. An unaware village lass cycling through the market place with her petticoat clinging to her thighs in the breeze, the skylark , the dove, the musty smell of the village bookshop. **** it, let's get out of the EU. I want that!

Rupert Brooke does not have much to worry about from you Nibble

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure the country worked just fine without the need for an extra 250,000 people coming here every year.

Which period you talking about?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
You'd be surprised how many little englanders long for a return to the crack of leather upon willow on the village green, afternoon delight with the vicars wife when he's out in the parish, the subtle clunk of China being set out on the lawn table as Father tuts from behind his rustling copy of the Times. An unaware village lass cycling through the market place with her petticoat clinging to her thighs in the breeze, a missed hammer on the thumb from the roof tiler as he watches her pass by, the skylark , the dove, the musty smell of the village bookshop. **** it, let's get out of the EU. I want that!

Sweet Jesus, you've done it. I'm voting UKIP as well. God is an Englishman.

Nibble, you need to stand against Farage and take us all to the promised land. The vicar's wife is clearly a hussy! Probably an immigrant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here