Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage stays as UKIP leader after resignation rejected

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I want UKIP because I want a fair referendum on the EU. I want the facts for and against so I can make the right decision and the question is put to us correctly and not put in a way to confuse people. That is one reason for Farage to hang around.

Yep, so he can have absolutely no influence on how the Tories decide to put the referendum together.

D

Deleted member 22389

Apparently some big breaking news is imminent regarding UKIP. A few people mentioning Carswell leaving and sitting as an independent.

EDIT - Carswell is fighting UKIP HQ over the control of the £650k due to them by virtue of having an MP. Carswell says they don't need it, HQ says otherwise.

http://order-order.com/2015/05/12/c...hq-over-650000-short-money/#_@/RYrwtOs-MkN32g

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Looked at his twitter feed and no mention of UKIP in his intro when I'm sure it was there before.
Seeing him in interviews lately, I don't think he is the type of bloke that likes to be in the spotlight.

Would be sad for UKIP if he did become an independent but that's the way it goes.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Again, not the best example. I don't think any British party is suggesting joining the Euro

If we are still part of the EU in 2020 we will have no choice about the Euro.
The last treaty stated that ALL countries by that date will be part of the single currency.

D

Deleted member 22389

The last treaty stated that ALL countries by that date will be part of the single currency.

It's fair to say you either commit 100% and take the Euro or get completely out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Not true. All new countries will have to adopt the currency but Denmark and the UK have permanent opt-outs

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
The UKIP ruling body must have freaked out when he didnt win his seat. They KNEW they were fecked The talk on NSC regarding he was wanted by the members is pretty laughable.

They will be even more freaked out when it is revealed just where the two Ballot boxes from South Thanet were for 6 and a half hours, and who is responsible for delaying the result by 8 hours.
Does it really take that long to remove a couple of thousand ballot papers?

:fishing:

Apparently some big breaking news is imminent regarding UKIP. A few people mentioning Carswell leaving and sitting as an independent.

EDIT - Carswell is fighting UKIP HQ over the control of the £650k due to them by virtue of having an MP. Carswell says they don't need it, HQ says otherwise.

http://order-order.com/2015/05/12/c...hq-over-650000-short-money/#_@/RYrwtOs-MkN32g
I was working in Godstone for a former member of parliament back in October and he insinuated that carswell was, effectively a tory mole planted in ukip for the election. This is very interesting indeed!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Surely, Carswell couldn't just sit as an independent. When he moved to UKIP, he said that he was morally obliged to resign his seat and stand again as he'd been voted in as a Tory. That must surely still apply? (and, yes, I'm aware that he doesn't have to but he made it a point of honour).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here