Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Farage is a contestant on "I'm a celebrity ****, get me out of here".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Maybe the possibility of a late entrance by Rishi Sunak, could be out of a job soon.

US banks will pay mega money to have him as a non exec director, he is actually intelligent.

Whilst Farage needs to top up his cash, he pinned his tail on the Trump donkey being president for two consecutive terms. Sniffing around a job in DC.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
US banks will pay mega money to have him as a non exec director, he is actually intelligent.

Whilst Farage needs to top up his cash, he pinned his tail on the Trump donkey being president for two consecutive terms. Sniffing around a job in DC.
TBF it would be better for everyone if the path went House of Commons, I’m a celebrity rather than House of Commons then House of Lords like Nadine expected.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well, she said something along the lines of 'I'm not having that **** in the house' and that was that. Fair judgement, in the great scheme of things.
That’s the attitude in this house too from both of us…..……

…… not that we would watch it anyway.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I’m conflicted on this, the last few years we have watched it with the kids as they are of an age where this is funny for them but I don’t want to contribute to anything with that frog on

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This historically was one of the guilty pleasures in my household. I started watching last year but felt repulsed by Hancock on it. Im sure many who lost relatives during covid especially in care homes would have felt that way.

In the end it gave me back an hour of my life each night and i got out of the habit.

Farage is playing to an audience who will support him irrespective. Plus those who will pay and make calls 'to teach him a lesson'.

Im not intending to watch***

*** may change mind if he suffers a blood curdling injury and/or gets a cockroach lodged in his urethra and suffers unspeakable pain before being hung off helicopter from a 120metre rope which is flying at 100 metres above the jungle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This historically was one of the guilty pleasures in my household. I started watching last year but felt repulsed by Hancock on it. Im sure many who lost relatives during covid especially in care homes would have felt that way.

In the end it gave me back an hour of my life each night and i got out of the habit.

Farage is playing to an audience who will support him irrespective. Plus those who will pay and make calls 'to teach him a lesson'.
We were the same, and it was fun when it was Tony Blackburn or Fatima Whitbread etc.
Farage is not a celebrity, and I believe the country is in a mess now because of the cult of celebrity. Voters voting for their favourite type of politician rather than the actual policies.

I got votes through the app rather than paying for phone calls, but that also involved advertising. I am deleting the app but will try to find the advertisers so that I can try to boycott their products.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll be watching. Not much else doing on the cold wintry nights, there's usually something on it to be amused by.

As with all these type of shows though, I simply cannot get my head round how anyone can actually be ARSED to vote on them, whether it be via phone or app. I've never been remotely tempted to "partake" (although I appreciate that without it, there's no show).

The one eviction I can recall actually being annoyed by is when the Boneheads of Britain (C) got Chris Eubank eliminated 3rd or 4th a few years back. He was the one truly interesting contender in there with plenty to say. But no, lets keep complete nonentities like George Shelley and Ferne McCann in there instead.

Who ? Exactly.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It is probably worth noting that Farage is NOT a politician. He's not elected to parliament or any council. He's on a par with Yaxley-Lennon. He's a pundit. A gobshite. A grifter. A plum. A shyster. A Miggy Almirón lookalikee. A national disgrace. A carpetbagger. Need I go on? ???
He was a MEP though (although I don't consider them to be proper politicians, but some might). However the rest of your analysis is spot on.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Love him or hate him.....He`ll do well, getting a higher percentage of the votes than he`s ever had before !!!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
My wife loves this program and thinks its the best thing on telly (only reality program she watches to be fair) I normally watch out of the corner of my eye while reading NSC or similar but as this twunt is on I will actually retire to the bedroom to read my Richard Osman book as I cant stand even hearing his voice. the concept of him winning it makes me go cold.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You've proved my point. Of course he is a politician, but you and many others see him as a 'personality' or 'presenter'.

He was elected as a member of the EU Parliament for South East England for 21 years (1999 - 2020). He is currently the honorary president of the Reform UK Party which is polling at 8% (so just 2% below the Lib Dems) and could have an important say in the next General Election and right wing politics for years to come.

I don't see the clamour for him to stand down from that position, yet this is all part of his political end game. This bloke is far from done politically and will use this publicity for his own ends.
And from his period as a member of the EU Parliament, for which he did little work at all, he will get an annual pension of £73k when he reaches the age of 63. There clearly is no God.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here