Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO The Ben roberts Fans

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
All those that continued to stick up for him last week, just wondered what your thoughts are now ?

Mistake after mistake after mistake

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ernest said:
and who else is going to play in goal today ? Keely ?

I admit he is the only option at the moment but I do wish people would take off the blue n white tinted glasses and realise he is a liability.

OK. So the FDM hangs back on his goal-line and makes some amazing saves.

While conceding territory to let the opposition finish off an attack.

The usual analysis was, if I remember, "That shot was unstoppable. Kuipers didn't have a chance".

Yes he did. But he needs to create that chance. Shouting "AWAY!" at your defenders is not goalkeeping.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why not play him up front on Boxing Day - we need a big player up front and someone who likes taking players on.

Stick Keeley in goal - at least he knows his job would be to keep goal.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
oh dear - roberts made a mistake! and perfect kuipers has never made a mistake before? the fact is roberts mistake didn't cost us.....he redeemed himself by saving the penalty, and then saving the rebound. he didn't cause the second penalty, and lets face it, keepers don't usually save them. i mean, i can't ever remember kuipers saving a penalty apart from one. it sounded to me that apart from that major cock up, roberts had a good game in the second half

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am not saying Kuipers in perfect by any means but at LEAST once a game Roberts drops the ball, goes on a dribble or bowls the ball to an opposing player, I dont mind a keeper making a clanger or two in a season but come on, Roberts is doing it game after game now. I am not the only one to pick up on it judging by the phone in either.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fair point. but to be fair, neither keeper has been particularly good this season. roberts started out well, but then he got injured. and kuipers hasn't looked anywhere near as good as he was last season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No, you re right there to be honest, neither keeper has looked outstanding........... bit like the rest of the squad really :nono:

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
are any of you the ones who thought he was brill when on loan?

How/why has he become so rubbish then?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was brilliant on loan, and in my opinion still is the better keeper.

however, i also thought that kuipers, especially after his performances at wolves and derby, was superb.

both of them are not playing anywhere near as well as they did last season

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
"he was brilliant (when he was) on loan" - how many matches diid he play for you to form that opinion? admittedly he made a brilliant save at Bradford but let's face it we were desperate for anyone after Petterson, Royce, Packham, Walton, etc

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
He's a good keeper but his eagerness to dribble past attackers is hardly installing confidence into the defence.

And besides he can hardly be blamed for the defeat today as he made up for his mistake by saving the penalty.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Beefy said:
He's a good keeper but his eagerness to dribble past attackers is hardly installing confidence into the defence.

And besides he can hardly be blamed for the defeat today as he made up for his mistake by saving the penalty.

Exactly and he wasn't to blame for the second penalty.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If the first penalty had gone in though would you be so sympathetic ?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Wilko said:

Probably not but it was a good save.

I'm of the school of thought that I have also seen FDM make some awful errors too.

Beefy

Jul 5, 2003
bed
Wilko said:

The goalkeeper isn't to blame for today or any of our defeats.We should get behind Roberts or Kuipers as they are both fine for this division.

Both are dodgy at times. I look at FDM as the lesser of the two evils. Roberts does not inspire confidence in me. He appears to me, to be an accident waiting to happen.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yorkie said:
Probably not but it was a good save.

I'm of the school of thought that I have also seen FDM make some awful errors too.

exactly. thats hit the head on the nail.

both have been poor this season

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wilko said:
I admit he is the only option at the moment but I do wish people would take off the blue n white tinted glasses and realise he is a liability.

Bollocks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here