Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
can't get down to home park,now living in france,but wish plymouth all the best,always liked them,abit like brighton,big fan base and could achieve alot of success

dark days now,but plymouth will be back,keep the faith

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Reduced admission prices! I got three tickets on Tuesday for 20 quid each, where do i go for the refund? I could always ask Ridsdale personally I suppose.
On a more serious note, Gibgreen, have you approached Plymouth Radio, Heart, BBC Devon & The Herald to at least mention it tomorrow and through the day.
Sounds like it is building up nicely, with Brent turning up in the Devonport as well.
Got some Fansfest tickets but wont go to the 11am part as i feel that is the Argyle fans moment, but looking forward to the evening.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
for those of you on twitter .
now we are only hours away from the leeds game we all need to get on tweeter and get this story national . its time to give the final push and if we all BOMBARD twitter , im sure it will really make a difference . get the starts to RT using #savepafc.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Reduced admission prices! I got three tickets on Tuesday for 20 quid each, where do i go for the refund? I could always ask Ridsdale personally I suppose.
On a more serious note, Gibgreen, have you approached Plymouth Radio, Heart, BBC Devon & The Herald to at least mention it tomorrow and through the day.
Sounds like it is building up nicely, with Brent turning up in the Devonport as well.
Got some Fansfest tickets but wont go to the 11am part as i feel that is the Argyle fans moment, but looking forward to the evening.

Yes RC, the Fans Trust have been on a big publicity campaign over the last few days. Leaflets and flyers around town centre and on the housing estates, TV, Radio etc.

It won't be much use, but Football Focus is doing a piece on Saturday. I only say not much use as travelling fans will already be.........er........travelling. Clem was down yesterday.

Even the local fish and chip wrappers have started stepping up to the plate at last.

Mark_Smith

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Huge thanks from me to all Brighton fans for supporting the cause of my club. Whether wearing green tomorrow or getting down to Home Park on Saturday, thanks for proving yet again that football brings us all together. Only ever made it to the Withdean myself, but hope to get to see Argyle at your new place one sunny day. Cheers.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I need definate numbers of how many fans are travelling down by train to Plymouth!!! Please let me know!!!

I don't think anyone can tell you - apart from the fact that not everyone will be posting on here!

I think some will probably go via Gatwick and Reading, getting in to Plymouth at 13.11.

However I would think most people are driving, or on the coach.

Hope this helps. :)

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This also needs publicity on BBC Radio 5 "606", on the day.

Unfortunately 606 tends to be biased towards visting studio guests rather than callers. I tried to raise the profile of REMF on September 10th, but because some bloke who was not getting a job or even interviews as a football manager kept on ranting about racism in football clubs in the studio, it never got broadcast. They just kept putting on calls trying to convince him he was wrong.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I'm sure that sounds more aggressive than you intended. The club have been very helpful, however, and Sky will probably take the same tack, while they are happy to help to help the fans publicise Plymouth's plight in order to get a solution before Argyle go to the wall, BHAFC can't be seen to be taking sides.

To be honest, this is enough - and it is a great article. :)

Certainly, I was trying to say what you did, just not so well put! The club can't be seen to officially support an event of this nature, so putting a comment-type article on the site is ideal. Gives publicity for the event for those that don't read nsc, without endangering themselves

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Spoke to Justin Leigh - presenter on BBC Spotlight South West (and wife's cousin), he said that the sports section should be covering the Brighton's fans involvement on tonight's programme (fingers crossed). You can watch it on Sky (channel 289 I think).

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Was holding back as haven't been involved in any Fans United stuff since Wrexham and Cambridge in 2004/05 ... but gonna get off my arse and get down to Home Park for this tomorrow and will bring my 9 year-old son ... who was a 3 year-old Fans United virgin back in 2004!

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
More big news coming out of Home Park today....according to various sources, Ridsdale will be leaving the club soon. Apparently, he will step down as Acting Chairman when/if Brent takes over. He's then offered to stay on in a consultancy role until the new board is formed. A period of 3 months he reckons.

BBC Link

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yes RC, the Fans Trust have been on a big publicity campaign over the last few days. Leaflets and flyers around town centre and on the housing estates, TV, Radio etc.

It won't be much use, but Football Focus is doing a piece on Saturday. I only say not much use as travelling fans will already be.........er........travellin g. Clem was down yesterday.

Even the local fish and chip wrappers have started stepping up to the plate at last.

Very nice poster in the bogs at the Mutley Crown tonight, thanks for the BHA bit, going to pick myself up after the game tonight and looking forward to a good day tomorrow, maybe see you at fansfest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here