Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Am getting the train down, so whoever I was talking to about a lift - thanks but no thanks :)

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Premier players on up to £200,000-00 per week and a 124 year old fellow football institution close to perishing - F**king disgusting !!!

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
I know there are some fans coming down by train for this match, is there any chance someone could arrange what time train everyone could get, so then everyone could get to Plymouth train station at the same time so then we could walk upto Home Park in one mass group rather than lots of little ones!!! And it would look good for the media if we could walk all together upto Home Park in mass numbers, also it would show that all football fans are united no matter what team we follow and I will meet you all at the train station here in Plymouth but would need someone to arrange a time for the train to leave Brighton!!!

After the Leeds game we're going up to stay in London then getting the train really early in the morning down to the SW. We get in at 1130, prob earlier than those coming from Brighton. Thats a lot of drinking time we have available.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Premier players on up to £200,000-00 per week and a 124 year old fellow football institution close to perishing - F**king disgusting !!!

This is what really gave my love for Football, especially the England team a real dent.

Prior to Administration we had two winding orders brought by HMRC, over unpaid tax bills. The same week that we were trying to raise funds to pay off those bills, by selling the family silver, England were playing.

The alledged combined weekly wage of two of the England players would of staved off that winding up order. Just let me say that again. A weeks worth of wages from 2 England players.

The alleged combined weekly wage of the starting 11 for England that night would of seen us right for the entire season.

I used to be an avid Fantasy Football Leaguer, I used to follow every twist of the National teams fortune, but now I just don't care about either.

The wider issue of whats gone on with Football, the ridiculous sums of money players get, Sky TV rights etc is a debate that has gone on for a while now and is not for this thread.

With parachute payments (payment for failure.....brilliant!) I really thought that teams who had not benefitted from these payments would really struggle to get from Championship to Premier League. I really thought that from this season (when the parachute payment system has changed), the only teams involved in promotion would be the clubs that have recently come down. I thought that the Premier League and Championship would get split into 3 sort of mini leagues....those at the top - middle of the Prem, those at the bottom - mid Championship, and then in the middle would be 8 - 10 teams who just spent the next decade or so yo-yo ing between the two.

Of course, one look at the Championship table blows my theory out of the water.......please, for the sake of my sanity, your good form must continue right through to May next year!!!!!!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Would it be an idea to fundraise for something specific with regards to Plymouth's bills?
For instance I find it scandalous that St Johns ambulance get royally dicked over when a club goes into administration, if we could find out what that bill is we could organise to get that paid directly .

To give credit to our friends up in Croydon, Palace supporters raised money to pay St Johns off in full after their administration. Do we know if any Palace are going?

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
To give credit to our friends up in Croydon, Palace supporters raised money to pay St Johns off in full after their administration. Do we know if any Palace are going?

The list of unsecured and secured creditors is a matter of public record and can be found here.

The St Johns Ambulance is the one that sticks out, although there are also a number of small business owed significant sums. Bespoke Frames for example is a guy who runs the Shirt Framing business from his front room, the shirts are used for Man of the Match presentations to hospitality clients etc. Not sure if he's still in business, if he could wear a £3K loss.

Our main net forum, PASOTI had a whip round for the St Johns Ambulance, I think we got around £1000 together. No where near enough, but it's a start. Our main focus has been the unpaid staff.

PAFC1985

Sep 2, 2011
Plymouth
After the Leeds game we're going up to stay in London then getting the train really early in the morning down to the SW. We get in at 1130, prob earlier than those coming from Brighton. Thats a lot of drinking time we have available.

Cool! Do you know for definate what time you will be getting to Plymouth train station? as I will meet you at the station, then we could go for a drink!
And any idea how many fans will be coming down by train?

Kind Regards,

Chris.

bungeroosh

Aug 23, 2011
Cool! Do you know for definate what time you will be getting to Plymouth train station? as I will meet you at the station, then we could go for a drink!
And any idea how many fans will be coming down by train?

Kind Regards,

Chris.

I am travelling with thisistips. We leave London Paddington at 7.30am and get to you at 11.21am. We still need to get our match tickets from the ground and then plan to go to the Fansfest. I have no idea how many others are on that train.

PAFC1985

Sep 2, 2011
Plymouth
I am travelling with thisistips. We leave London Paddington at 7.30am and get to you at 11.21am. We still need to get our match tickets from the ground and then plan to go to the Fansfest. I have no idea how many others are on that train.

OK I will meet you at plymouth Station about 11:21.

bungeroosh

Aug 23, 2011
Thanks very much Chris. I'm sure there will be more of us on that train to herd up to Home Park. It will all become clearer nearer the day.

Fans United, will never be defeated!

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
I see Fans Reunited is encouraging people to buy green from the official online store. Is this helping matters? I'm not sure I would feel comfortable spending money that would (partially) end up with Guilfoyle (@ £320 an hour).

As it stands the Administration process is running as a Bust Administration. This means that there is no money to run the Administration process.

What should of happened is that when BIL were announced as the Preferred Bidder, a payment of £1M should of been made by BIL as an exclusivity payment to fund the process (ie the Administrators, staff and player wages, and day to day running costs), until completion. The terms of that Sale and Purchase Agreement (SAP), as drawn up by Guilfoyle, was not robust enough. To date, BIL has only paid £300K of that sum. This is what led Guilfoyle to court action to force BIL to pay the remaining £700K. He lost that court action.

The Bust Administration means that the Administrators, The P and A Partnership (PandA) are having to foot the bills themselves when that £300K ran out. Hence why PandA have asked for wage deferals and waivers from the staff and players. This is also the reason why PandA has threatened to pull the plug and liquidate on more than one occasion.

What that means in relation to the quoted post is that all revenue (matchday, merchandise and sponsorship) is being used to pay for those day to day running costs to enable us to meet the fixture list.

The Administrators costs should be met by the new owner when the dust settles.

This in itself may cause problems.

BIL has now lost exclusivity and Guilfoyle has invited other bids. 2 have been tabled, Brent and Paul Buttivant. If either one of these is successful, they have a case for saying that they will not pay costs incurred by PandA during the BIL SAP and Exclusivity period. To be fair, why should they? Why should Brent for example pay for the Administrators time when he was locked out of the process?

It all appears to boil down to the incompetance of Guilfoyle. Now clearly, as an Officer of the Court, Guilfoyle is duty bound to find the best deal for the secured creditors. At the time, the BIL deal was the one that would pay the most. However, the duty to get the best deal should be weighed against the most likely to complete. Heaney, as the front man for BIL never had any money, he never proved definitively, that funding was in place.

The SAP agreement was not fit for purpose. He backed the wrong horse.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
How can I get a ticket sorted? The online purchase system doesn't seem to work and abit worried I wont get one on pay on the day, I wanted to sort out two of the fanfest £25 jobs but not sure how to go about sorting it.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
The link above is to the Green Taverners website who organise the Fans Fest.

The online ticket system is not available at present. Whilst we are in admin, card payments are not being accepted.

The Fans Fest is the best way, but places are limited to 200-250 or so. It's the size of the marquee that governs that.

Pay on the Day is the next best option, well, the only other option really!! I wouldn't worry about not getting a ticket. Our capacity is 16,000. On Saturday, we had slightly over 5000. Unless something truely staggering happens, I can't see 11,000 visiting Fans Reunited fans trying to get in. Tell you what though, how amazing would that be!!

For Pay on the Day, there's two options. Get there early (ie before turnstiles open at 1.45 ish) and buy from the Box Office at the top end of the ground, in side the car park. Secondly, we also have a number of cash turnstiles.

If you're getting there early, buy your ticket from the Box Office (personally, I'd go for Block 3 or 4 for a bit of atmosphere....but I'm in Block 4 so slightly biased!), then head off to The Britannia for a pint and some scran if you so desire.

This is a link to the rather excellent Greens On Screen website. A labour of love by one of our number where you will find every stat you never wished to know!! The link takes you to some photo's from Saturdays game against The Vale. As you will see from some of the shots of the stands/crowd, we're not exactly short on space!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports