Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What you are doing is amazing - but I fear the date is WRONG. Saturday 8th of October Plymouth are at home to Accrington. 8th October is also another international break so;

THERE ARE NO GAMES FOR PREMIER AND CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS

If you do it on 24th Sep will you get a few Albion and the odd other team, but many fans will follow their own team who will be playing and you will be competing against a FULL fixture list.

If it was on 8th Oct, aside the extra 2 weeks publicity time, their are no premier league or championship games that weekend, and I believe this amazing event will receive many more fans from the top 2 divisions teams as they have no games at all.

24th Sep you'll get a few - 8th Oct (international break), you'll get loads more.

The Alternative is to have both dates,

fans reunited 1 (24th Sep) and fans re-united 2 on (8th October)....... The scope to get fans to 8th Oct being much higher.

Brighton "Go green" V Leeds, should be as much about generating national publicity for the fans re-united events at home park as for showing solidarity

I think that has been suggested already and you have a good point but Plymouth fans seem to believe they won't have a club by then.

Ste @GoS

Sep 4, 2011
It looks like they now almost been bought

No, no, don't be fooled by that! It's a month old and way out of date, and in any case we've been hearing the same thing for months now.

A huge thanks from all Argyle fans for what you are doing. This thread is amazing and brings out everything that's good about real football. As for the date, yes the 8th fits so well for many reasons, and it would be fantastic if it could be done because it's our 125th anniversary that weekend and it would send such a fantastic message about what football is really all about. But, the 24th has to be the priority. The situation here really is that critical! If you can manage both, and slip in a 'home game' for you at Crawley, that would be the icing on the cake. We don't ask much do we!

There'll be a photo on my website in a couple of hours of your two fans at Burton yesterday. I'll post here again when it's available.

Steve (meant to be steve in my username - not sure what happened there)

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I've been putting off visiting family in the west country for months, so I'm going to kill to birds with one stone. Who else is going to travel down by train on 24th? Be good to travel down with a bunch of us. Will people still be heading down there if the situation is resolved in the mean time? I can't get out of it now so will go whatever, would wearing the stripes still be welcome if it isn't a protest day?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
ARRRRRR-GYYYYYYY-LEEEEEEEE
ARRRRRRRRR-GYYYY-LEEEEEEEE

Going to see what can be arranged.

PAFC1985

Sep 2, 2011
Plymouth
I will meet any footie fans from different clubs at Plymouth train station if you would like and we could all walk upto Home Park together which would look good with fans from different clubs getting on with each other especially as there maybe lots of media attention at this game (24th September).

Maybe it would be a good idea for someone to organise what train would be the best one to get down to Plymouth, so then all footie fans could meet up together on one train rather than fans get off loads of different trains at different times at Plymouth and it would look better if there is one big group of footie fans rather than little groups walking upto Home Park!!!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.

Dartmoors Green

Sep 3, 2011
If there are Brighton fans who fancy a trip to Plymouth but are a little short on the money front,I will pay for two tickets to our Fans Fest. This covers pre match entertainment (a good laugh) a pint and pasty plus your ticket to the game. If you can be bothered to come all the way down here,it's the least I can do to say thank you.

Send me a PM on our Pasoti site ( to Richard Blight) or leave a message here.

Cheers

Richard.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think that has been suggested already and you have a good point but Plymouth fans seem to believe they won't have a club by then.

Fair point. But assuming worst case, new bidder falls through, 2 dates 24th (fans reunited 1) and 8th Oct (fans re-united 2) still better imho. 8th Oct there are no games either in Germany, SPain, Italy and France etc....... not saying you will get loads from overseas but you may well get a few coming with no club games.

Organisation

O.K I have been involved in quite a few charity fundraisers and something the organisers simply must do imho is set up a basic 1 or 2 page website, a simngle point of reference with an easy to remember name.

Just checked http://www.fansreunited.co.uk is available and just £5.99 for two years http://www.123-reg.co.uk/order?domain=www.fansreunited&search=search&transfer=transfer&ajax_enabled=true

On this webpage (Any web designers out there or if not I can do it for you using a simple wysiwyg software like Evolution X5), you can put the details and date/s of the fans reunited day, (+ the history of our old fans united day), the links to the facebook page etc + any media coverage this event generates can also go back on the webpage

AND MOST IMPORTANT

A paypal "DONATE" link, You need to try and compel every person landing on that page to donate some money a quid, fiver etc (buckets at games are all good and can be dona additionally, but don't miss the chance every perosn who reads about Plymouths plight to also give money)

To use a paypal donate link you just need a paypal seller account, (which you'll likely have if you sell a few things on ebay)

Then when you mention this campaign you simply give people the http://www.fansreunited.co.uk webpage name with all the info/links on it. You'll find most people who see the webpage won't be able to go to Home park, but hopefully they will at least donate some money towards Plymouth's plight.

Again details of our "Go green" games on sky TV can be on the webpage, and at the game itself..... some sort of banners that carry the webpage http://www.fansreunited.co.uk or even doing a media press release as to why we are all "green" with details of the web address, will draw people (and their dosh) to the campaign webpage carrying all info of plymouths plight, fansrenuited day/s at home park, facebook links, travel guidance to Plymouth links AND PAYPAL DONATE link

If you get any media outlet (TV or newspaper), allowing you to plug this, or writing about it you need a simple easy website name point of reference.

if you get 5 secs on the radio or TV "Join fans reunited, supporting Plymouth FC all details at www.fansreunited.co.uk" etc

PM me if you like and I will call you/give you my phone number if needed

Last edited:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
If there are Brighton fans who fancy a trip to Plymouth but are a little short on the money front,I will pay for two tickets to our Fans Fest. This covers pre match entertainment (a good laugh) a pint and pasty plus your ticket to the game. If you can be bothered to come all the way down here,it's the least I can do to say thank you.

Send me a PM on our Pasoti site ( to Richard Blight) or leave a message here.

Cheers

Richard.

After a quick pm session with Richard I am also offering 2 tickets to fanfest for any supporters that want to head down to Plymouth. Due to the insane airfare prices from Canada to England (1100 pound round trip) and my current financial situation I wont be able to attend the match. I do wish to help and this is the least I can do. Pm myself or Richard if interested and we will work out the details!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After a quick pm session with Richard I am also offering 2 tickets to fanfest for any supporters that want to head down to Plymouth. Due to the insane airfare prices from Canada to England (1100 pound round trip) and my current financial situation I wont be able to attend the match. I do wish to help and this is the least I can do. Pm myself or Richard if interested and we will work out the details!

cant you do a sponsored swim ? if you set off now you could make kick off :D

just seen the burton plymouth highlights and a brief glimpse of the brighton shirts amongst the plymouth fans , well done lads :thumbsup:

P1100280

Last edited:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys

Ste @GoS

Sep 4, 2011
No, no, don't be fooled by that! It's a month old and way out of date, and in any case we've been hearing the same thing for months now.

A huge thanks from all Argyle fans for what you are doing. This thread is amazing and brings out everything that's good about real football. As for the date, yes the 8th fits so well for many reasons, and it would be fantastic if it could be done because it's our 125th anniversary that weekend and it would send such a fantastic message about what football is really all about. But, the 24th has to be the priority. The situation here really is that critical! If you can manage both, and slip in a 'home game' for you at Crawley, that would be the icing on the cake. We don't ask much do we!

There'll be a photo on my website in a couple of hours of your two fans at Burton yesterday. I'll post here again when it's available.

Steve (meant to be steve in my username - not sure what happened there)

Photos now there, with two you'll be interested in. It seems that newbies can't post links on your forum, so you'll have to paste these into your browser (and replace xxx with the usual three characters - it was the only way I could get this post to be accepted!):

xxx.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/burton11A/2/slides/P1100280.asp

... and 2-0 with only a minute to go, and your guys are still singing with us! At least there was a goal still to come:

xxx.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/burton11A/2/slides/P1100299.asp

And if anyone's interested in the full set (but why should you be?!), you can get to them from here:

xxx.greensonscreen.co.uk/match.asp?team=burton&code=11A

Cheers, Steve

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
A brief summary of their situation

This is Plymouth | Takeover of Argyle is on verge of collapse

Reading afew of the pasoti threads, it leaves me abit confused re what we'll actually be campaigning for down there. No to Heaney/Risdale and forced liquidation if necessary or save the league status of the club at all costs. Opinion seems divided as to the actual best way forward. Sad times indeed.

PASOTI View topic - Enough Is Enough

This sounds as fishy as f**k, almost like our situation (form the article)

"Gibraltan firm Bishop International, widely believed to have been registered by Mr Heaney [the buyer], has entered legal agreements to buy the club after making the highest offer in May.

The proposed deal would see them clear Argyle's debts, fund projected season losses of £1.2million and purchase all the Pilgrims' land assets.

Mr Ridsdale would then be sold the club for £1, avoiding an FA rule that would prevent Mr Heaney – who already owns non-league club Truro City – having financial influence."

you can see where this is going next? have to sell the ground blah blah...... and waltz off with the cash. That shark Ridsdale totally screwed up Leeds, he lied and screwed up Cardiff and he is going to buy the club an all its land assets for £1??

What a disgrace this is happening again

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Does anyone else feel after reading Plymouth forum that there focus of attention as to who is responsible seems to be to fractionated, as is to be expected when so many people are trying to gain from the situation. But the sooner they come up with a collective plan of action with set goals, the sooner they can work on the objects in their way.
Follow the money as always and see who's to gain what and bring heat to them.

A brief summary of their situation

This is Plymouth | Takeover of Argyle is on verge of collapse

Reading afew of the pasoti threads, it leaves me abit confused re what we'll actually be campaigning for down there. No to Heaney/Risdale and forced liquidation if necessary or save the league status of the club at all costs. Opinion seems divided as to the actual best way forward. Sad times indeed.

PASOTI View topic - Enough Is Enough

Thanks imissworthing2, sounds all to familiar. Like i said earlier Plymouth need to come up with a plan of action and targets fast otherwise they can kiss good-bye to any remaining assets.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Photos now there, with two you'll be interested in. It seems that newbies can't post links on your forum, so you'll have to paste these into your browser (and replace xxx with the usual three characters - it was the only way I could get this post to be accepted!):

P1100280

... and 2-0 with only a minute to go, and your guys are still singing with us! At least there was a goal still to come:

P1100299

And if anyone's interested in the full set (but why should you be?!), you can get to them from here:

Greens on Screen Match Page

Cheers, Steve

Changed for you Steve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here