Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Re-united - 24th September @ Home Park, Plymouth

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Gus might want them in on that day for their 'warm downs'. It's worth asking though.

at the very least, i'm sure that the Go Green and Fans Reunited events could be promoted by our club over the big screens with their participation

also provides a useful video clip for Sky to cover at both Liverpool and Leeds games

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If anyone works or knows someone in BBC, Sky or Talksport, this is the time. If this news was on the front page of BBC Sport, that would be ace.

Green bedsheets can't be too expensive for banners, they'd look awesome on the cameras.

Sadly, I'll be back at uni by the 24th, but I've passed this message onto everyone I know who would go.

I'm friends with Millie Ford (nee Clode). What do I say? I'm not sure pointing her towards a thread on NSC is wise, although it would be great to have her registered! Maybe someone would like to write a potted history of Fans United, Plymouth's plight (and reasoning) and so on...

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm friends with Millie Ford (nee Clode). What do I say? I'm not sure pointing her towards a thread on NSC is wise, although it would be great to have her registered! Maybe someone would like to write a potted history of Fans United, Plymouth's plight (and reasoning) and so on...

The real DSG had done a write up. Maybe he can send it to you to forward on.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Has anyone posted on the bristol city/rovers, yeovil, exeter or swindon forums, or know what they are? As they are closest clubs and may be more up for it. Also if anyone is going down from bristol area for either of the days, I could be so may be worth coordinating travel arrangements. Also, Portsmouth and saints boards could be a good shout, could even organise something with Brighton fans to get there.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Swindon have been very prickly actually. More than one of them have used the line, "no-one helped us when we needed it". Not really entering into the spirit of things, not yet anyway. And they are at home to Barnet on the 24th.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Got Talksport's Ian "Moose" Abrahams to re-tweet it. If we can keep the pressure up then awareness will increase from a media perspective - the harder part is getting fans to be aware of the idea and to act on the night by wearing the away kit or anything green they may have. Needs to be put in every piece of media explaining why and what to do every day between now and then to get people to respond

PAFC Nick

Sep 3, 2011
What can I say? Thank you fellas (and ladies!). Sometimes in life when people have had bad times and they then come good they forget the people who helped them in their time of need - nobody could ever say that about Brighton & Hove Albion and your tremendous club. Hats off to you, you're an inspiration.

All we want is a community club - a club that doesn't screw local suppliers, that works with local schools and do you know what... the division we play in isn't important. We just want to be proud of a club once more. My son is 2 and is a fourth generation Argyle supporter (I hope!).

Thank you for all the people who have offered support, be it in person or in words. I hope you win promotion this year, if nothing else YOU deserve it.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Sent to Mr. Martin Perry.

Hi Martin*

First of all thank you for everything you have done for the club and for taking the time to read this email.

The reason I am emailing you is because of the situation at Plymouth Argyle, as I'm sure you are aware they are in deep trouble and it looks certain they will fold, which I'm sure sounds like a familiar story.
Being an avid supporter of BHA I am a member of the fans website North Stand Chat, over the last few nights one of the members suggested a fans reunited day down at Home Park which has so far gathered pace and looks like a few fair hundred will be making the trip. Excellent and sympathetic response from Plymouth fans, thanking us for making the effort, even today it was reported that two fans from this brilliant football club made the trip up to Burton Albion in their home shirts and sat with the Argyle fans to cheers of Seagulls.*
You may recall that the original fans united day was suggested by a young Plymouth fan and the general response is that we want to show our support back, fans on North Stand Chat have already pledged to 'Go Green' to the Leeds game as it is on Sky and what better way to show our support.*
I understand we HAVE to get behind Gus and the team but if everyone was prepared to wear their away shirts it could have a really strong message. If there's any suggestions you have or even if there's a way we could ask our fans through the official website or the Liverpool programme to 'Go Green' I am sure Plymouth would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Sorry for any spelling mistakes guys had a few to drink and just finished build a bonfire
What a book! Shames me to think I was 6 and to concerned with what happens tomorrow on power rangers to care!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Sorry for any spelling mistakes guys had a few to drink and just finished build a bonfire
What a book! Shames me to think I was 6 and to concerned with what happens tomorrow on power rangers to care!

Good letter well done the more people know the more momentum we get.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Cheers Doc, mrs is asleep so what better way to kill time then sit on my iPhone and bug the chief exec tbh he was the only person on their that might be worth emailing! I'll have another look in a second! Might be worth looking as I wanna see if they want some bha car flags that im trying to get made up would love to see that going round the city

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Does anyone else feel after reading Plymouth forum that there focus of attention as to who is responsible seems to be to fractionated, as is to be expected when so many people are trying to gain from the situation. But the sooner they come up with a collective plan of action with set goals, the sooner they can work on the objects in their way.
Follow the money as always and see who's to gain what and bring heat to them.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Does anyone else feel after reading Plymouth forum that there focus of attention as to who is responsible seems to be to fractionated, as is to be expected when so many people are trying to gain from the situation. But the sooner they come up with a collective plan of action with set goals, the sooner they can work on the objects in their way.
Follow the money as always and see who's to gain what and bring heat to them.

It does seem that some of the problem is not knowing who to blame. All I can work out in the way of proportional blame is that the administrators seem shocking.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very tempted to go, I only have good memories of trips to Plymouth. Just depends on getting the night off work. And finding a lift share as it falls in the midst of an expensive week for us lot.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What you are doing is amazing - but I fear the date is WRONG. Saturday 8th of October Plymouth are at home to Accrington. 8th October is also another international break so;

THERE ARE NO GAMES FOR PREMIER AND CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS

If you do it on 24th Sep will you get a few Albion and the odd other team, but many fans will follow their own team who will be playing and you will be competing against a FULL fixture list.

If it was on 8th Oct, aside the extra 2 weeks publicity time, their are no premier league or championship games that weekend, and I believe this amazing event will receive many more fans from the top 2 divisions teams as they have no games at all.

24th Sep you'll get a few - 8th Oct (international break), you'll get loads more.

The Alternative is to have both dates,

fans reunited 1 (24th Sep) and fans re-united 2 on (8th October)....... The scope to get fans to 8th Oct being much higher.

Brighton "Go green" V Leeds, should be as much about generating national publicity for the fans re-united events at home park as for showing solidarity

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here