Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans Forum

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please don’t let it be dominated by Covid questions. The hour will race by if ‘libertarians’ use it to attack PB on stadium entry requirments.

Is it a free-for-all (the panel haven’t got a clue about the next question)?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I see it now starts at 6.30 so it doesn’t clash with England. Excellent news for Jonny Cantor.

Absolutely pointless event. We'll get the annual explanation on why we didn't sign a senior striker, Barber refusing to back down on any possibility of the £20/£25 scheme to ticket share being imperfect despite hundreds of complaints, the usual spiel about new Covid protocol in the ground, and a few wacky bits of nonsense from the usual goons who turn up at these events to talk tactics with the coach. Maybe even the excitement of someone questioning what the link up with Hibs is all about when we're loaning players everywhere else.

All the while Bloom, Barbs and GPot remain superbly professional and keep a straight face while listening to an hour of total nonsense from oddballs like Nick from Littlehampton who want to thank them for a great transfer window and the wonderful job they are doing.

Can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hows the monorail coming along ?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Barber refusing to back down on any possibility of the £20/£25 scheme to ticket share being imperfect despite hundreds of complaints

And counteracted by the 2,000+ ST holders who have paid the £20 to allow them to legally share their ST.

In any argument it think the thousands in agreement with the scheme easily outweigh the hundreds that aren't happy so PB has absolutely nothing to back down on!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've created a series of Bingo Cards for tomorrow.

https://mfbc.us/m/du52yyk

Samples

card 16.PNG
card 12.PNG
card 5.PNG
card 25.PNG
Card 22.PNG
Card 11.PNG
card 8.PNG
card 15.PNG

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I see it now starts at 6.30 so it doesn’t clash with England. Excellent news for Jonny Cantor.

Absolutely pointless event.

Well. Not every club would be prepared to field their chief exec, owner and head coach in front of journalists and fans for an hour and i'm sure there will be some levity and Potter will be asked about his tactics. !
But they will almost certainly be asked about current issues that fans care about - striker, empty seats, covid restrictions, injuries, aiming for the top 10 (or you could have signed up and asked em yourself) . These will be voiced by fans in the audience or by JC who will field a lot of the Qs and won't pull any punches. Last year We are Brighton - called it an "excellent event...hosted expertly...with insightful questions"
http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/albion-fans-forum-2020-round-up/

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Only useful thing that may come out of this is some actual definite information about what is happening with Bennet's Field. Other than that very much doubt we'll learn anything new at all.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Only useful thing that may come out of this is some actual definite information about what is happening with Bennet's Field. Other than that very much doubt we'll learn anything new at all.

The only reason we don't normally learn completely new things - is because Potter, Bloom and Barber communicate at length with fans all the time anyway. Very few clubs have leadership teams that do this.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
And counteracted by the 2,000+ ST holders who have paid the £20 to allow them to legally share their ST.

In any argument it think the thousands in agreement with the scheme easily outweigh the hundreds that aren't happy so PB has absolutely nothing to back down on!

So circa 21,000 haven't........

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Well. Not every club would be prepared to field their chief exec, owner and head coach in front of journalists and fans for an hour and i'm sure there will be some levity and Potter will be asked about his tactics. !
But they will almost certainly be asked about current issues that fans care about - striker, empty seats, covid restrictions, injuries, aiming for the top 10 (or you could have signed up and asked em yourself) . These will be voiced by fans in the audience or by JC who will field a lot of the Qs and won't pull any punches. Last year We are Brighton - called it an "excellent event...hosted expertly...with insightful questions"
http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/albion-fans-forum-2020-round-up/

But ok, let's be honest here. Most of the questions are pretty dumb.

Though i'm not actually sure what an intelligent or insightful question could be.

The Barber stuff which we need to know, about covid rules, ST transfers has already been put into the public domain. The Potter stuff. What can you ask him that will actually glean any insight that we don't already know. He'll rightly dead bat anything which could be seen as a slight on his players etc.

If I had bothered to put a question up, it would be to Potter and i'd ask him, does he think he has enough strikers. But I wouldn't be asking it in any expectation that I should or will get any answer which isn't what you'd expect him to say

Aug 18, 2013

As has been covered literally dozens of times on here, the scheme is great for people who share a season ticket (they are paying to do what they were doing anyway with few grumbles as it's much easier to share on the app than meet up and handover a ticket every week), but it really is not a practical system for the many people who miss a few games a season and happily pass it on to colleagues and friends who don't go on a regular basis. There's pros and cons of the system, obviously, but one of the flaws of our current CEO/Deputy Chairman is that he doesn’t like being challenged so we'll only hear about how wonderful it is as per usual and the happy clappers lap it up. For what it's worth, it doesn't especially bother me as i don't tend to share mine anyway, but you know it will come up tomorrow and you know what Barber's angle will be so what's the point.

By the way, presumably the 2000+ you speak of is as definite as the numbers on the often spoken about waiting list (by the way that had disappeared before Covid and the extra seats). Or the attendance given on the PA each week which doesn't get anywhere near the actual figure. Don't underestimate the clubs ability to be a bit creative in the numbers department if it suits them. Not the only club that does it by any stretch, but don't just take it as gospel when it's not audited.

I hope that he's not that out of touch with the fanbase. If they palm it off as some people are going along with it rather than the silent masses, sorry, they are out of touch.

The simple fact is we used to have a comfort blanket of a season ticket waiting list that over time has gone to nothing leaving us at a critical time in our Amex history where the club should be ensuring that fans with season tickets don't give up renewal next year. Whilst the transfer of ticket cards was an illegal practice it was one that was probably more commonplace than clearly the club have realised. These fans who used this practice in previous seasons see the new system as an erosion of the value they get from their season tickets and I fear many will simply not renew next year.

This doesn't include me, I make every game (was I supposed to start my comment with that justification bit?), but I enjoy a full Amex stadium. There's nothing greater than sharing the joy I get with 30k others. Sadly empty blue seats that the club cant sell plus the ones of fans unable to get friends into those seats will become increasingly more empty unsold seats that will see attendances decrease over time and make it hard for the club to get people back.

If the club had (or changes to) having the £20 for the STH to have transfer rights to anyone with details registered at the club (i.e. the receiver of the ticket doesn't need to pay Albion+, but is accounted for with name, address etc...) then the club have record of who's in the stadium and generate a list of potential fans who may be fair game for becoming future STH. I think a small change like this would make it so STH would see this as not a huge cost/change to the value they get from their STH investment.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I hope that he's not that out of touch with the fanbase. If they palm it off as some people are going along with it rather than the silent masses, sorry, they are out of touch.

The simple fact is we used to have a comfort blanket of a season ticket waiting list that over time has gone to nothing leaving us at a critical time in our Amex history where the club should be ensuring that fans with season tickets don't give up renewal next year. Whilst the transfer of ticket cards was an illegal practice it was one that was probably more commonplace than clearly the club have realised. These fans who used this practice in previous seasons see the new system as an erosion of the value they get from their season tickets and I fear many will simply not renew next year.

This doesn't include me, I make every game (was I supposed to start my comment with that justification bit?), but I enjoy a full Amex stadium. There's nothing greater than sharing the joy I get with 30k others. Sadly empty blue seats that the club cant sell plus the ones of fans unable to get friends into those seats will become increasingly more empty unsold seats that will see attendances decrease over time and make it hard for the club to get people back.

If the club had (or changes to) having the £20 for the STH to have transfer rights to anyone with details registered at the club (i.e. the receiver of the ticket doesn't need to pay Albion+, but is accounted for with name, address etc...) then the club have record of who's in the stadium and generate a list of potential fans who may be fair game for becoming future STH. I think a small change like this would make it so STH would see this as not a huge cost/change to the value they get from their STH investment.

You can’t actually back that up. How do you know what the silent masses want ? Many many people don’t share their tickets at all whether that be legally or illegally.

Aug 18, 2013
The only reason we don't normally learn completely new things - is because Potter, Bloom and Barber communicate at length with fans all the time anyway. Very few clubs have leadership teams that do this.
This is largely fair by the way - although the combination of a team that's well drilled in communication and screened questions submitted in advance won't help.

Anything that is interesting tomorrow will most likely come out if Barbs and Tony want it to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
NSC must be the only fans forum where the most vocal fans are season ticket holders who never actually go to games and frustrated the club aren't making that easier for them.

It is a bit bizarre...........not sure how the empty seat conundrum can be solved when it seems we have a pretty large number of STHs who for whatever reason are happy to pay for a seat but not use it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here