Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans' Forum - my notes

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Yes but how did those people become A+ members….

Also, given the ad hoc nature of sharing an ST card they have no way of knowing how common it is. In my case it was very common and has lead to plenty more revenue streams opening up to the club (ie one of the people I brought in has brought a LOT more people through and added value to the club in other ways).

Given the nature of the modern game, the expense, the fluid nature of the fixture list the conversion of the casual fan to a STH is less likely these days. It does take more of a commitment to get a ticket and purchasing a membership is now seen by most clubs as the most convenient way to facilitate this. Just looked at the website and the prices have now been reduced to £15 DD or £18 lump sum down from £25/£28 respectively. Being an A+ member this season will pretty much guarantee a seat at any game given we rarely sell out instantly and also the opportunity to take up a mate's ticket at a reduced rate should their mate be part of the sharing scheme. I would agree with the club that an A+ member is more likely to be converted than a casual fan who has been lent a ticket for an odd game, (no-one I lent a ticket too was converted this way, they just welcomed the rare opportunity to go to a game)

Whilst I would agree it's not as good as the old way, it's hardly the end of the world or terribly unreasonable of the club to pursue this model particularly in this economic climate. Given that ST prices have been frozen yet again, the cost of the sharing scheme and A+ memberships have more than been covered in my view.

After a tough beginning to our premier league tenure we finally look like we may achieve our initial goal of becoming an established top flight team, building a base from which we can pursue loftier ambitions. To achieve those ambitions it costs money and by sparing STH price increases at the moment and using these discretionary schemes to bring in additional revenue I think they have got it right. When digital ticketing came in and we lost the ability to share tickets in the old way I was also miffed, but I'm over it now. The football is brilliant at the moment and I am loving every minute of it, I just do not see this is a major issue .

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nice one [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

And fair play to Mike Costello doing a straw poll on his coach about the Palace game. I can just picture him now going up the aisle with a clipboard...."did you think it was a shambles?". Mike if you are listening 82 yes but how many no? Did anyone sit on the fence?

We need to know!

I guess there were choruses of “why are we waiting”, and “does the driver want a wee wee” reverberating around the coach that was good enough for MC’s poll

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thank you

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Paul Camlin’s reference to “Mr Gem from Chailey” and his ongoing commentary on NSC just before signing off last night.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Yes but how did those people become A+ members….

Also, given the ad hoc nature of sharing an ST card they have no way of knowing how common it is. In my case it was very common and has lead to plenty more revenue streams opening up to the club (ie one of the people I brought in has brought a LOT more people through and added value to the club in other ways).
Sponsorship ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Paul Camlin’s reference to “Mr Gem from Chailey” and his ongoing commentary on NSC just before signing off last night.

He's actually my favourite Paul at the Albion top table.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We’re due 40% of the Spurs game revenue but not taking the extra tickets could have cost us 45/50 k by my calculations… Not sure on that one. … Disappointed there but all in all he is doing well is PB

I think that whilst we get the same share of revenue, as per below, we would have deducted from that the cost of unsold tickets we had requested.

(iv) The Visiting Club shall be responsible for the payment of all tickets asked for and
allotted, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs in writing with a copy sent to The
Association. All questions in dispute shall immediately be referred to The Association.

In terms of division of revenue, this is the rule for games after the third round involving clubs in the EPL and EFL. (iii relates to matches involving teams outside the EPL/EFL).

Save for those matches set out in (iii), in all matches played from (and including) the
Third Round of the Competition Proper prior to the Semi-Final the net gate receipts of
each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Good summary really encouraging if the fanzone is better than those pretty naff designs which are basically the same as the catering in place at the Cromwell Road end of the County Ground

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Great work Bozza. I'm very glad Barber was called to account on the crucial and urgent issue of providing lactose-free milk.

On the whole, makes a lot of sense but this line remains disingenuous in my view.... "...We have no evidence that people who come to a one off game with a mate become season ticket holders." Even if that's the case, which has been disputed, that mate will very likely spend money on food and beer. Probably more likely to, in fact, than regular punters as if your mate is making a rare trip, you're a bit more likely to make a real day out of it.

To my knowledge, empty seats don't spend money on anything.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Top work, Bozza – thanks for your efforts.

My favourite bit – by a mile – was: 'Kevin Claxton: On behalf of the ladies in my family, who are STHs - they find the wine undrinkable, particularly the white wine. Can’t they spend £1 more for a better bottle of wine.'

Every single part of those sentences is fantastic. Just when you thought there couldn't be any more clichés, oops, there's another one :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Top work, Bozza – thanks for your efforts.

My favourite bit – by a mile – was: 'Kevin Claxton: On behalf of the ladies in my family, who are STHs - they find the wine undrinkable, particularly the white wine. Can’t they spend £1 more for a better bottle of wine.'

Every single part of those sentences is fantastic. Just when you thought there couldn't be any more clichés, oops, there's another one :lolol:

It was a highlight but to be fair to Kevin. He did precede this question with a fairly self deprecatory nod to the Pub Landlord type language he was about to offer up.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Many thanks Bozza for the summary. I listened to the whole thing and was disappointed that there were so few questions about the football and squad. A disproportionate amount of time was spent on the ST sharing and Spurs away ticket allocation. Good news about the fanzine though, I hope finances allow it to go ahead this summer.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Many thanks Bozza for the summary. I listened to the whole thing and was disappointed that there were so few questions about the football and squad. A disproportionate amount of time was spent on the ST sharing and Spurs away ticket allocation. Good news about the fanzine though, I hope finances allow it to go ahead this summer.

Do you really expect the CEO and Ticket Manager (or anyone really) to discuss football and the squad without just rolling out the normal platitudes? In a business of fine margins this is the last thing I would expect the club to discuss with all and sundry, certainly not confidential info on form, transfers, loans, injuries, welfare, contracts, tactics, etc.

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Do you really expect the CEO and Ticket Manager (or anyone really) to discuss football and the squad without just rolling out the normal platitudes? In a business of fine margins this is the last thing I would expect the club to discuss with all and sundry, certainly not confidential info on form, transfers, loans, injuries, welfare, contracts, tactics, etc.

No, I didn’t expect any breaking news on the playing front so point taken. However I’d have liked some more information on our younger players out on loan for example. I’m not directly involved with ticket sharing and can’t go to away matches so found those discussions went on too long.
I do appreciate the fact that the club organises these forums and takes the time to engage with supporters, we’re lucky compared with many other clubs.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Thank you for making notes. Most astonishing information to me was PB saying sharing scheme in place is costing club in region of £2m. ( Bozza. Have you got this figure right ) Have to ask if this is correct why on earth are they pursuing with it.

The cost to the club COULD BE as much as 2 million (if everybody who currently benefits from ticket sharing bought a full price ticket instead).

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No, I didn’t expect any breaking news on the playing front so point taken. However I’d have liked some more information on our younger players out on loan for example. I’m not directly involved with ticket sharing and can’t go to away matches so found those discussions went on too long.
I do appreciate the fact that the club organises these forums and takes the time to engage with supporters, we’re lucky compared with many other clubs.

Fair enough. There’s quite a bit of info on loans/youngsters in David Weir’s Report on the club website/app a couple of days ago.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

You could of asked a question yourself rather than moaning about people that did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here