Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans' Forum - my notes

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Thank you for making notes. Most astonishing information to me was PB saying sharing scheme in place is costing club in region of £2m. ( Bozza. Have you got this figure right ) Have to ask if this is correct why on earth are they pursuing with it.
I don't believe him

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
70de89f268ff10ddc8824c22afea6a93.jpg

5d5f51b941e008b2034ae098a3ea8b4a.jpg

3ca467a86f526c3258974c1a7dbde6ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heineken are paying for it

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think the fanzone plans have come on a bit since those pix above as PB described there being a substantial part of it being under cover and multiple food/drink outlets and family facilities etc. I think that’s just the new permanent buildings (the toilets/screen)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
70de89f268ff10ddc8824c22afea6a93.jpg

5d5f51b941e008b2034ae098a3ea8b4a.jpg

3ca467a86f526c3258974c1a7dbde6ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounded like the club have better plans than this now as PB mentioned a covered area to shelter under.

*EDIT* and then I see your post just above this.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I don't believe him

So many were sharing a ticket last season for different reasons. This was at no cost and they are now upfront about it and paying which PB said brings in 200k. All games are all but sold out. With more empty seats could understand less income on food and drink but cannot understand loss of £2 which less face it is not far short of about 10% of match income.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I coverd that:

Name?: We drive down from near Heathrow, park in Mill Road 2.5 hours before kick-off. When Pyecombe is open that’s even better. I meet up with friends at the game. We often go abroad to Germany etc In these other countries, they make a lot better use of outdoor space eith bars, tents and toilets etc.

PB: Yes - Covid and losses got in the way a bit. But we do have plans to make a covered area behind the North Stand to allow people to have a beer and a burger with friends, maybe somewhere for kids to run around a bit as we know it’s not easy for families when you arrive early with kids. It will have toilets too. We want to do it properly, so we just need to find the money.​

This sounds really good, actually - PB stressed the club "want to do it properly". I might ask if there are any plans etc we can have a sneak peek at...

This would be GREAT. Exactly what is needed.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The chance to as a PL CEO anything and what a load of stupid questions, did anyone go into the playing side? Can we expect any big money signings or is now the policy to sign prospects, how is the new loan system going to affect the club seeing as we now have a ton of players out on loan, what is GP going to do with the squad size next season when all the successful loans come back to the club..so many decent questions could of been asked. My feet get wet in the North :lolol: :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
“ We have no evidence that people who come to a one off game with a mate become season ticket holders.” - very daft. How does any person start going to football who has never been before….?

Again, I can immediately think of SIX people who became STHs this way.

Also;

“Digital ticketing made sharing difficult”. Get rid of digital ticketing then. Practically no other club does things the same way, so it’s certainly not something we needed to do.

Rant over. Thanks for the transcript [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We’re due 40% of the Spurs game revenue but not taking the extra tickets could have cost us 45/50 k by my calculations… Not sure on that one. … Disappointed there but all in all he is doing well is PB

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We’re due 40% of the Spurs game revenue but not taking the extra tickets could have cost us 45/50 k by my calculations… Not sure on that one. … Disappointed there but all in all he is doing well is PB

My notes on that question are sparse as the conversation moved very quickly and I'm not a fast typist.

I did record the audio however, precisely so I could review and flesh out where needed, so I might re-visit that bit. The response was very detailed and covered the difficult spot the club was in on this game, but a key point, I think, was that there is no precedent for Albion taking c9k fans to a game of this kind.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't believe him

So many were sharing a ticket last season for different reasons. This was at no cost and they are now upfront about it and paying which PB said brings in 200k. All games are all but sold out. With more empty seats could understand less income on food and drink but cannot understand loss of £2 which less face it is not far short of about 10% of match income.

I've had quite a detailed note from the club on this, which I've asked if I can share. If I get the nod, I'll post it in due course.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Good PR by the club, all sounds very positive and some exciting developments in the pipeline. It should also be clear to those fans with ‘major’ gripes who haven’t yet worked out it’s “Village Way, or the A27” by now, will forever be destined to disappointment. So can we please stop asking same old same old questions previously answered by PB and co….

….although I noticed the Club has yet to provide a satisfactory answer to “whatever happened to the cup final money?”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here