Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan in the stand - £20 east upper

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I wan't going to do it, but now I intend to submit a photo of my Dad, who passed away a year ago. He introduced me to football as a kid, and was an Albion fan from the early 1950s. He moved to Australia in 2006 and never was able to attend a game at the Amex.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I wan't going to do it, but now I intend to submit a photo of my Dad, who passed away a year ago. He introduced me to football as a kid, and was an Albion fan from the early 1950s. He moved to Australia in 2006 and never was able to attend a game at the Amex.

I had no strong feeling either way about this cardboard cut out thing, but I really like this idea of people who never got to go to the Amex having their image up in the stands. Hoping to see Lord Bracknell on the telly.

Hope your Dad enjoys the view :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had no strong feeling either way about this cardboard cut out thing, but I really like this idea of people who never got to go to the Amex having their image up in the stands. Hoping to see Lord Bracknell on the telly.

Thanks.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've just re-watched the Arsenal game from last year, 30x speed. At no point during the entire 90 minutes did the camera pan up to the East Upper. Interestingly, it didn't show much of the Lower either so I'll be watching to see if the camera angle is different next week to get in all the adverts being placed there.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

What about a whip-round to get Sarah Watts, Roy Chuter and Paul Whelch up there too? Although for all I know the club may already be thinking about that.

Last edited:

Indy

Apr 19, 2012
I have seen the odd photo of some of the cut outs but haven’t seen mine or a few mates that are there. Does anyone know if there are photos of all of the sections anywhere or plans for photos?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
0025A923-486A-4EFA-BBB7-1C11F87FF20A.jpeg
Cheltenham Town v Northampton Town

Fans of Coldwar Steve on Twitter will like this.:lolol:

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I have seen the odd photo of some of the cut outs but haven’t seen mine or a few mates that are there. Does anyone know if there are photos of all of the sections anywhere or plans for photos?

I couldn't find mine either in the views of them that were on TV and the Albion & Argus websites. I thought the club might have taken a set of images of them and put up a gallery as we can't be the only people who'd like to 'see' ourselves but apparently not (yet anyway)...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Having watched Man Utd game the other day and Leeds game today - The fan pics look much better closer to the pitch, anybody know why the east upper was chosen for ours ?

Jan 26, 2012
I also wondered why Dirty Leeds had all their cardboard fans in the lower tiers which are easily seen and ours are in the upper east where they are not, so I e-mailed P Barber (sad I know), he replied, "All Premier League clubs are required to comply with Premier League rules which do not permit cardboard cut-outs in the lower tiers".

As someone has already intimated, to do with dosh no doubt. Rules are rules I suppose.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I also wondered why Dirty Leeds had all their cardboard fans in the lower tiers which are easily seen and ours are in the upper east where they are not, so I e-mailed P Barber (sad I know), he replied, "All Premier League clubs are required to comply with Premier League rules which do not permit cardboard cut-outs in the lower tiers".

As someone has already intimated, to do with dosh no doubt. Rules are rules I suppose.

Am pretty sure Man Utd had them in the lower tier at Old Trafford this week ?

Oh and what a stupid pathetic rule that is - really don’t see the logic in it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here