Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fan in the stand - £20 east upper

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Sources close to Hiney tell me that Hiney will be submitting the original Hiney Art photo for his cut out.

Looking at the rest of this thread and we’ve got some miseries as fans, haven’t we? It’s just a bit of fun in extraordinary times with money going to charity. Most importantly no one is being forced to take part if they don’t want to. For examples of fans being ‘fleeced’, have a look at how Sunderland have treated their season ticket holders.

I think it's brilliant and a bloody bargain too for all 5 games! The club have to find a way to recoup some losses somehow and this is one way of doing it without ripping us off. It wouldn't surprise me if we were allowed to take them at the end of the season (for free) too.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I think it's brilliant and a bloody bargain too for all 5 games! The club have to find a way to recoup some losses somehow and this is one way of doing it without ripping us off. It wouldn't surprise me if we were allowed to take them at the end of the season (for free) too.

:bigwave:
Good morning Mr Barber :)

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
:bigwave:
Good morning Mr Barber :)

Untitled.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This has made the back page of The Times today:

PREMIER LEAGUE
Brighton & Hove Albion charge £20 to be cardboard fan
Supporters can pay to have image in ground for final five home games of the season

Brighton & Hove Albion have offered their fans the chance to pay £20 to have cardboard cutouts of themselves in the club’s ground for the remaining five home matches of the season.

Supporters have been asked to wear the club’s blue and white colours when they pose for a photo, which will then be converted by the club into large cutouts. They will be placed in consecutive blocks in the central areas of the upper East Stand, which can hold 3,200 people, for the remaining five home matches, starting with a game against Arsenal a week on Saturday. Some of the money raised will go to the Albion As One, a fund for local charities.

Brighton are two points clear of the relegation zone and their other four matches at the Amex Stadium are against Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Newcastle United. The club said that they wanted “visual support for these important games” but it could not guarantee that a fan’s cutout would be situated with those they usually sit next to at games. The idea is borrowed from Germany, where Bundesliga clubs have done the same thing.

Some Brighton fans, however, have questioned why they will be placed in the upper tier and seen less. The lower tier is being used for branding for the club and Premier League.

Other Premier League clubs, including Newcastle, have been in talks to use cardboard cutouts of fans and Wolverhampton Wanderers are offering their fans the chance to be part of a “crowd mosaic” to cover the Sir Jack Hayward Stand. Their first home game is against Bournemouth on June 24.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...lbion-charge-20-to-be-cardboard-fan-r5lctlpq5

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fantastic, just cropped a photo of a Palace supporting mate, he's livid!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Great present for Father’s Day. Also, an opportunity to honour those who never got the chance to go to the Amex.

Totally agree, exactly what my family said when they saw the Albion were offering this.

I felt I'd lost touch with football and my Albion fix at weekends, so this opportunity to get into the Amex, albeit in cardboard form, for the final five home games is my way of keeping in with all things Albion. :albion2:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Totally agree, exactly what my family said when they saw the Albion were offering this.

I felt I'd lost touch with football and my Albion fix at weekends, so this opportunity to get into the Amex, albeit in cardboard form, for the final five home games is my way of keeping in with all things Albion. :albion2:

Sorry, not sure why, but this made me :lolol:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I’m in two minds about it all. On the one hand I think it’s a bit of a laugh, then other times I think to myself ‘I just don’t think I’m cut out for all this’

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think it would have a little more appeal if the flatpack fan contained a high quality loudspeaker.

During the game, whilst watching from the comfort of your home, sharp expletives and sighs "STEPHENS!!!!!!!" could then be ejaculated at periodic intervals.

Atmostastic.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
There was a cardboard Brett Mendoza on BBC breakfast just now, he was sitting next to his cut out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here