[Albion] Fallen out of love with The Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
This, This, This....

+ A Massive factor not being at the ground to vent all these frustrations, ahhhhh
The release is something we all miss and oh so important.

De La Zouch is missing the experience of being at the ground, we all are...
Don’t forget so are the players, who respond to a cheer, or swear word directed at them....

Three points today boys please...

We Won’t be Druv....

Chin up Zouch :)
Thank you 😊

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Sums it up perfectly for me!

I also don’t get the criticism of Potter for not being passionate!

To the OP - do you have to eff and Jeff and be in the refs ear all the time to be a passionate manager? If that’s your thing, go and support Burnley, see how quickly you fall out of love with their style of play!

What has swearing got to do with passion?

If you read the post you might be in a better position to comment on it!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We did this thread 6 or less months ago . . . It's like cocaine at the moment, I want to leave it alone, Like I did from 2005 for. Few years ) but you keep going back for more, then it pisses you off.

I've got a list of jobs as long as my arm to do today and 12 o clock kick off is just pants . . . . I wouldn't mind if it was a day out, but its currently infiltrated the home to the point of being stalked.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the danger can be caring too much about The Albion. I know it really can affect ones moods if you’re a certain type (me)
I do have to tell myself that there really are more important things to worry about like the health of you and your family but it can still nag away at you.

Anyway here we go again at 12-00

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Fallen out of love with the Albion no! Premiership absolutely. The moment the ref awarded United a penalty after the final whistle.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Not fallen out of love but never felt so disconnected. A combination of not being at the ground for matches and being constantly frustrated by the results. The former makes the latter feel a bit weirdly abstract and almost like its happening to another team not us I think, and knowing few other Albion fans in "real life" doesn't give much of that connection you get in the crowd. Can't wait to be back at games.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Frustrated to the point of distraction at times, but could never fall out of love with The Albion, they're my team and I'm stuck with them for life, good or bad.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If its a case of being in League 2 and winning most games by 4 or 5 with a passionate manager, or the current situation of the club being in the richest and most high profile league in the world, then I am satisfied with the progress of the club. A live league game today on BBC1 which would have been unthinkable a few years ago.

What expectations do people have at the moment? The likes of Forest, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Derby, Portsmouth etc would like to be where we are today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Covid and lockdown has, if anything, made me more in love with the Albion.

Obviously the recent form is as frustrating as hell, but for someone like me who lives away from Sussex and hasn't seen family or home for over a year the Albion are a solid link to normailty, and those are more vital than ever for me at the moment.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So when I say passion, I don’t mean kicking and screaming. For me many of the modern day managers are full of passion:
Pep, Kilopp and Tuchel the other day when he subbed the guy after 20 mins- that’s passion! Potter has the charisma of a letting agent in Solihull!

So you say passion but don't actually mean passion.

So Potter drops a goalkeeper who has been first choice for over three seasons and replaces him with a youngster who had yet to make his PL debut.
Potter chances the shape of the team during the game, by either moving players around, or replacing them from the bench but this isn't seen as 'passion' because he doesn't drag someone off after 20 minutes.

So by your definition of passion, what on earth did you make of Hughton, no subs before the 75th minute, every press conference before we played, was almost identical, they are are very good team, with some talented and dangerous players..... and during the game a fist pump if we were lucky,

Perhaps when covid restrictions allow, you should pop along to the training ground and tell Potter where he is going wrong, and how he can project passion to keep you happy.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I empathize with the OP. If this season’s experience of watching on tv was never going to change then I would probably drift away as well. I don’t really understand what people get from it. Must be something as many choose to watch their footy this way. However, we are on the verge of being allowed back in stadiums and that means the days out, pubs and meeting family. I look forward especially to away games and the return of that feeling of supporting the team. All of the artificial nonsense of XG and other stats that suck the life out of the experience can then disappear from my radar.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
If you really believe that Potter speaks to his players and comes across the same way he conducts those incredibly dull press conferences, I’d question your statement about not being intellectually challenged.

Every manager puts on a certain face for the public, there’s no way he’d be able to drill a side to create the hundreds of more chances we saw under CH if he spoke to them like he speaks to the hacks (which I’m sure is the only experience you have of him). The fans are the ones who are meant to bring the passion and emotion. I want the manger to be the ‘grown up’, to be calculating, strategic and calm. I think I might fall out of love with the Albion too if we had the sort of emotionally charged wreck you seem to be advocating? You have Keegan, I’ll keep Potter thanks.

Good post. I have always thought that but have never been bothered to post it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The club’s always in my heart, but I’ve had phases of not going to games depending on my life and how I feel.

I don’t put the Championship on a pedestal, but I find the EPL soul destroying for a club of our budget and transfer faux pas’s. This season we win once every 6 weeks.

In any other Albion era, that would’ve led to an exodus of fans going to games and a loss of interest.

But in the modern hype of the EPL, I think others console themselves with:
Living the EPL dream, isn’t it wonderful to be part of it all with Chelsea and Manure.

To me watching pro sport means hopefully coming away with a win and often achieving that, your weekend or week made.

That’s my one big gripe in following the Albion and these last 4 seasons. So rarely walking with that winning glow.

[Lockdown has saved me the pain of all the travelling to watch us failing to win].

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
The fact that I find myself swearing at the television when our players inevitably miss sitters tells me no. However, I need to make it clear that Potter cannot keep taking my loyalty for granted.

Like most on here I really miss the match day experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What has swearing got to do with passion?

If you read the post you might be in a better position to comment on it!

I have read your post and empathise with your general malaise concerning football, life at the moment is far more important, to be honest I could probably live without football per se at the moment.

However, I just don't see why that has made you fall out of love with Brighton - although your pop at Potter may explain some of your feeling, football wise...

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Part of supporting the Albion since the days of Kit Napier etc is that i learned to get used to being disappointed .There has been some good times as well and we have not won anything apart from the Charity Shield and some promotions .If this is not for you there are other teams that win a lot .If the team show some grit and never give in i am ok what ever happens .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shocked to see that some on this thread are thinking of giving today’s game a miss. Genuinely shocked

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Shocked to see that some on this thread are thinking of giving today’s game a miss. Genuinely shocked

I actually think it might do a lot of us some good. Let's be honest, in "normal life", hardly anyone actually watches every game we play. Most of us will at some point during a 9-10 month season have a weekend / weeknight where we have to be somewhere else or do something that makes it impossible to follow a match live, and either dip in and out or simply find out the result after the game. Whereas now everyone is being effectively spoon-fed every moment of it (subscriptions dependent) and as such get more invested in it than perhaps we ought to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports