Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fair play to Brentford fans

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Kudos to the Brentford fans on that forum - and some very nice comments about us. Compare and contrast their attitude to the voters on Bozza's usual thread following a draw - there seems to be a bit of a discrepancy!
Almost to a man, they see that as a point gained against the best/one of the best/could have been 10-3; they seem happy to have grabbed a point.
52% of Albion fans on NSC agree with them - it was two points lost. Which it was. But amazingly, 48% think that was a point gained by us!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Also Raya was brilliant - so decisive and such a safe pair of hands. If things ever go pear shaped for Brentford we need to snap him up (not a criticism on Steele btw).
As good as he was today
I’m reliably informed he has a touch of the Stockdales about him
Expect him to be sold in the summer
Unless he sign s a new deal before then
As he will be into his final year of his current deal

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting that a lot of them considered Raya their MOTM despite him conceding 3 goals. And to be fair he did look good, but a bit more venom in our shots and surely we would have won this 6-3...
Raya is a fantastic goalkeeper, one of the very best in the PL. His contract is up in the summer, and he'll be playing for a different club next season, Spurs or United the most likely.
He had a great game today.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Raya is a fantastic goalkeeper, one of the very best in the PL. His contract is up in the summer, and he'll be playing for a different club next season, Spurs or United the most likely.
He had a great game today.
He had a good game but no worldies in that lot. All good goalkeeping but expected

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20230401_233056_BBC iPlayer.jpg

On MOTD tonight, as Mitoma scores his fantastic goal, you get a glimpse of a Brentford fan clapping his goal.
(far right)

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I thought their fans were individually great company. Collectively, they were a petty, tinpot, goading, very quiet when not winning and turned up in poor numbers.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought their fans were individually great company. Collectively, they were a petty, tinpot, goading, very quiet when not winning and turned up in poor numbers.
Yep, very friendly etc but I couldn't believe they didn't take the full allocation for a game relatively down the road. Especially for a 3pm Saturday ko and considering the importance of the fixture. Very bizarre - surely they would've sold out full allocation

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
I did find their ratio of goading the oppo when singing vs being silent themselves quite amusing. Seem to recall it was similar last season.

“We’ll sing on our own” at what must be a record 3 minutes into a match.

Their fans on the thread in the OP seem a reasonably intelligent bunch, though.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yep, very friendly etc but I couldn't believe they didn't take the full allocation for a game relatively down the road. Especially for a 3pm Saturday ko and considering the importance of the fixture. Very bizarre - surely they would've sold out full allocation
I’m not surprised - they are a small club and always have been. Lovely club, punching well above their weight, but small. The capacity of their ground is just over 17,000.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I did find their ratio of goading the oppo when singing vs being silent themselves quite amusing. Seem to recall it was similar last season.

“We’ll sing on our own” at what must be a record 3 minutes into a match.

Their fans on the thread in the OP seem a reasonably intelligent bunch, though.
I found the weirdest thing about that “sing on our own” after 3 minutes was that it was their first song of the game!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Only made noise directly after a goal, and then some goading chants. To be silent for a decent chunk and then sing 'we'll sing on our own' made them seem an odd bunch.

The individual ones I met seemed decent enough, but as a unit you're correct, petty is the right word.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting that a lot of them considered Raya their MOTM despite him conceding 3 goals. And to be fair he did look good, but a bit more venom in our shots and surely we would have won this 6-3...
he was easily their man of the match - what a keeper, he had 11 important saves to make, thats one of the highest totals I have seen all season from any game in the prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here