Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Entirely the wrong decision to start him, was like a lost lamb for most of the first half

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This in bundles. Always looking to influence the game. Buonanotte was largely anonymous today. But not as anonymous as Undav. Did he actually touch the ball?

Did Undav actually get anything to play off, in fact did we even have a shot on target in the first half or get in a position to have one.

Bad day at the office and if anyone is to blame it’s every single player in the first half

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He’s obviously not ready.
RDZ’s quirky selections usually work out but him playing as well as Undav were gambles too far.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Complete passenger today, the players appeared unwilling to pass to him. And - maybe as a result - his confidence was shot to shit. Opted for getting rid of the ball with soft short sideways/backwards passes instead of ever attempting to beat his man. Today will have set him back a bit, sadly

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Undav seems incapable of carrying the ball. When he receives it he immediately looks for a clever lay off which nine times out of ten doesn’t work. Championship at best.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not the game for him today. They were going to be physical and close the spaces down in an old school way.
The tactic of give the ball to Mitoma so he can ‘cross’ it to the back post didn’t do him any favours though.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Just don’t see him as a wide player at all. Going to make a great central playmaker when he builds strength but I never want to see him out there again.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
My worry is that this thing with the Argentina U21s (or whatever it was) is going to hamper us a bit. We really should play him to justify being stubborn and not letting him go, but he isn’t really ready and we really ought to have just let him go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My worry is that this thing with the Argentina U21s (or whatever it was) is going to hamper us a bit. We really should play him to justify being stubborn and not letting him go, but he isn’t really ready and we really ought to have just let him go.
Agreed - was my thoughts exactly when I saw he was starting. To prove a point to him and the Argentina FA

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It is a strange one. Clearly a very talented young player, and he is very young, and will hopefully be another star for us. But he’s shown nothing in his performances for us so far that he’s ready to start or even play a big part from the bench.

Surely we should have let him go with Argentina, especially as it’s what he wanted.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just don’t see him as a wide player at all. Going to make a great central playmaker when he builds strength but I never want to see him out there again.
I’ve said repeatedly he is a CAM - he has the similar sort of raw talent Trossard had to get into and manoeuvre in tight central spaces (although not as good yet) and has fantastic acceleration ( great for transitional play from CMF to CAM ) - that is where he will be most useful to us IMO. If we loose Mac Allister in the summer, we will be pleased Facundo has getting match time at least as I believe it was Mac Allister’s position that he was originally signed to eventually grow into.

In his defence - because he seems to be getting a lot of disparaging remarks about his level of football from some NSCers, He is still very young and will only have played half a season in the PL by the end of this season - another reason I don’t like January signings for Players we intend to join the first team squad straight away. Buonanotte filled in for March against Man U on Thursday where I thought his performance was very good and again today because March was fatigued - although today, he didn’t get the balls he needed much of the time in order to make enough impact - it mostly was left to Mitoma. With March now possibly sidelined with a hamstring that will mean we need Buonanotte to help cover in various positions including central attacking midfield.

I do agree with many posters that In RDZs attacking system (where there is a heavy reliance on the wingers to spearhead attacks in the final third), substituting Buonanotte for March’s role is a hell of a lot to put on the shoulders of a PL unseasoned 18 year old but I for one think he is rising to the challenge and improving with each match - and RDZ needs him, especially if March is out with a hamstring.

oop sorry for the long post - but with Facu, I still have the faith he not only will come good by summer but has very much improved on his earlier appearances.

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hopefully he will come good but it is a very long time since I saw a player so out of his depth as he was today

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Hopefully he will come good but it is a very long time since I saw a player so out of his depth as he was today
He was poor but Enciso v Villa looked much much worse and did you never turn up when Jahanbaksh or Locadia played?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree. he'll be a similar player to macallister and will play ina similar position.

It's just that he's 6 years behind him in his development

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here