[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
"It was a dream come true, to start a Premier League game against Manchester United, what a night, I wouldn't trade it for anything".
If I were Buonanotte, on the one hand I would be disappointed with my team's decision, on the other hand I would be very proud of it.

In the sense that the club and above all the manager consider me important for this final rush of the EPL.

So much so that he (Buonanotte) has recently played in the first team. Which means that the coach trusts him and believes he is an important player.

I don't understand the disappointment of Buonanotte.

He's about to participate in something that can be called historic for the club.

I understand his ambition to play, but he still has so much to learn, especially from the champions he sees next to him every day on the training pitch.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Personally I believe we've made a mistake here.

Once you start stopping young players from playing in international tournaments, it becomes much harder to persuade the next generation to join you

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023

Once you start stopping young players from playing in international tournaments, it becomes much harder to persuade the next generation to join you
Isn't that the EPL is one of the most coveted international tournaments in the world?

Under 21, under 23 matches... Let's go.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I hope he gets over it quickly with no lingering resentment. Argentinians are incredibly patriotic and their pride in their country and representing their country is a massive thing for them and should not be underestimated.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"I was very sad" - is past tense at least.

Perhaps just telling Argentine media what they want/expect to hear?

GallodiMare

Apr 14, 2023
May be.

A part he has still a lot to learn.

Both in terms of physical growth and in terms of game intelligence.

RDZ is shaping him to make him an effective player, one who can become a sort of Solly March point 2 in a few years.

Patience is just what it takes (we need)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Once you start allowing young players to start matches against Manchester United in the English Premier League, it becomes much easier to persuade the next generation to join you

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Surely the fault is with the organisers of the tournament. All the European Leagues are still going. If they delayed the starting date by a couple of weeks then it would not have been an issue.

Ridiculous situation to put a top PL club, player and national team in. Heads you win, tails I lose. No one comes out a winner.

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
I mean, I think the quote is perfectly reasonable?

"When it was confirmed, I was very sad, but these are things that happen."

Yeah, he obviously wanted to go but he seemingly understands it couldn't happen? Doesn't seem like there's all that much to it

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think that him playing against Man U will help, and hopefully we continue to give him a good amount of game time in the last few games.

Not letting him go and then having him sit on the bench would be a really poor decision.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think that him playing against Man U will help, and hopefully we continue to give him a good amount of game time in the last few games.

Not letting him go and then having him sit on the bench would be a really poor decision.

Looks like that may have been a compromise. He stays with us but starts more games.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A useful player to have around, he's not the finished article but he's allowing us to rest some of the other players.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Entirely the wrong decision to start him, was like a lost lamb for most of the first half

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This in bundles. Always looking to influence the game. Buonanotte was largely anonymous today. But not as anonymous as Undav. Did he actually touch the ball?

Did Undav actually get anything to play off, in fact did we even have a shot on target in the first half or get in a position to have one.

Bad day at the office and if anyone is to blame it’s every single player in the first half

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports