Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook Group

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Are there not a number of Facebook pages for Albion fans ?

I use NSC because it's hard to engage in reasoned debate in Facebook. Whatever people say, NSC is very good for information and opinion.

Dunno.

And yeah, NSC is great.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Am sure this is well intentioned but i think Bozza has a point, it was certainly my first thought when i saw your post. There is little difference btw a facebook group and this chatroom and to launch your great idea here is mildly disrespectful.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Am sure this is well intentioned but i think Bozza has a point, it was certainly my first thought when i saw your post. There is little difference btw a facebook group and this chatroom and to launch your great idea here is mildly disrespectful.

Indeed. It made me think of Seagulls Chat or whatever it was. There's already plenty of Facebook groups for Albion fans and those I know who use them don't come on here. If you're looking to create one more like NSC, then it's a bit bloody rude advertising it on here.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
First of all, I'm not "advertising it".
If you'd bothered to read the earlier posts, you would have seen that the Facebook group was created as a bit of fun in response to another post.
Secondly, it's not like NSC, which is a dedicated chat forum.
Its a Facebook group.
How difficult is it for you to grasp the difference.
Would you like some help?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Talking of Facebook:-

is that what you want cos, that's what'll happen.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKaAAAAJDEwNGYwNzJjLTUzYzAtNDViNi04ZWFhLWZjMmFjZGE5YTg5Yg.jpg

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Do I have to pay and is there a chance of winning tickets to matches?! :jester:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
The way things are going I just might run the odd comp.
Can't believe Brighton fans are giving me sick for this!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How is it rude to start a Facebook group?

It's not and I didn't say nor suggest it was. I said I considered it rude to go to one hub for Albion fan discussion to advertise another.

It isn't the establishment across the road, its the industry-standard social media venue.

You're not advertising Facebook, you're advertising the corner of it you have set up for Albion fan discussion. I'm well aware of how wide-reaching Facebook is - NSC has 6.183 "likers" on there currently.

NSC is brilliant, and niche.

Facebook is huge and wide-reaching.

How many of the 1.3bn Facebook users do you think want to join a group to discuss Brighton & Hove Albion?

Do you not agree?

I'm clearly a massive advocate of the power of online communities and I wish anyone well who wishes to start and run one. I wouldn't post in community X asking people to join community Y though.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It's not and I didn't say nor suggest it was. I said I considered it rude to go to one hub for Albion fan discussion to advertise another.

You're not advertising Facebook, you're advertising the corner of it you have set up for Albion fan discussion. I'm well aware of how wide-reaching Facebook is - NSC has 6.183 "likers" on there currently.

How many of the 1.3bn Facebook users do you think want to join a group to discuss Brighton & Hove Albion?

I'm clearly a massive advocate of the power of online communities and I wish anyone well who wishes to start and run one. I wouldn't post in community X asking people to join community Y though.
Yeah you would.
Without hesitation.
And rightly so.
Any publicity is good publicity.
Unless you have a reason for it not to be?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
First of all, I'm not "advertising it".

I think you need to re-read the first post on this thread and consider the thread title.

I think you'll find that everyone knows the difference between a dedicated website for people to chat about BHA and a specific space on someone else's website dedicated to chat about BHA. As I pointed out earlier, there are already plenty of such spaces on Facebook. I've not seen anyone on here advocating that we all join them, nor has Bozza posted on their pages asking them to pop over to NSC. I really can't understand why you think it's fine to do what you've done with this thread.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No it isn't.
Your forum, that I have been a member of for about 12 years is brilliant.
I log on nearly every day.
But Facebook is a whole different beast, it provokes discussion from all quarters and is open to all.

There is no "competition" angle here, just a bit of fun.

So, don't stress eh!

Can't believe you only log on 'nearly' every day!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here