Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Facebook Group

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
In what way do you perceive NSC as not provoking discussion from all quarters and not being open to all?
Facebook is for everyone and is used in a very different way to a dedicated forum, as you know very well.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Depends who you have in your friends list.
Mine isn't.

I don't have a page, but have viewed quite a few of those I know.

Their friends list seems to be made up of a handful of current friends, work colleagues, old work colleagues, people they used to hang out with 20 years ago but don't anymore and people they went to school with and haven't seen since the 70's or 80's.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I don't have a page, but have viewed quite a few of those I know.

Their friends list seems to be made up of a handful of current friends, work colleagues, old work colleagues, people they used to hang out with 20 years ago but don't anymore and people they went to school with and haven't seen since the 70's or 80's.
Yep.
Some are like that.
Interesting people have better lists ☺

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Facebook is for everyone and is used in a very different way to a dedicated forum, as you know very well.

NSC is for everyone too. The whole internets.

Generally the everyones that join NSC are those that want to discuss the Albion. How do you see the target demographic of your group as being different to that?

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
NSC is for everyone too. The whole internets.

Generally the everyones that join NSC are those that want to discuss the Albion. How do you see the target demographic of your group as being different to that?

Well,only in the fact that non Albion die-hards might have a pop.
Forums (that do an excellent job by the way) are very closed to the "home" fan.
Yes, I know the away fan can join, but they ge crucified.
Facebook is very open in its nature and may spark a bit of wider-reaching banter.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I have no axe to grind hear, and no money-making intentions, so if it puts the seagulls in the public eye, where's the problem?

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well,only in the fact that non Albion die-hards might have a pop.
Forums (that do an excellent job by the way) are very closed to the "home" fan.
Yes, I know the away fan can join, but they ge crucified.
Facebook is very open in its nature and may spark a bit of wider-reaching banter.

Away fans don't get crucified on NSC.

I get it now though. Bantz for the lulz!!!!1!!! Understood

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its just a bit of fun.

Problem???

No problem at all other than the one I started with - I consider it rude to come and hand our virtual flyers here for your establishment over the road.

You speak about appealing to a differing 'market' yet come here to advertise to the market already using this.

I'm not precious about it - there's numerous other forums, groups and stuff. They come, they go, some stay around and some don't.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No problem at all other than the one I started with - I consider it rude to come and hand our virtual flyers here for your establishment over the road.

You speak about appealing to a differing 'market' yet come here to advertise to the market already using this.

I'm not precious about it - there's numerous other forums, groups and stuff. They come, they go, some stay around and some don't.

How is it rude to start a Facebook group?
It isn't the establishment across the road, its the industry-standard social media venue.

NSC is brilliant, and niche.

Facebook is huge and wide-reaching.

No competition, its already won every battle it needs to.

The more people that talk about Brighton, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Do you not agree?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are there not a number of Facebook pages for Albion fans ?

I use NSC because it's hard to engage in reasoned debate in Facebook. Whatever people say, NSC is very good for information and opinion.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
How is it rude to start a Facebook group?
It isn't the establishment across the road, its the industry-standard social media venue.

NSC is brilliant, and niche.

Facebook is huge and wide-reaching.

No competition, its already won every battle it needs to.

The more people that talk about Brighton, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Do you not agree?

Oh, and I, I have been on this forum for many years.
Total respect and lots of great banter had.

Don't see what your problem is.

Hardly going to affect your traffic is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here