Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Face masks must be worn at all times?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Naturally Barnsley were exempt judging by the crowd scenes and lack of face masks on Sky tonight

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I hope this changes before the start of next season, my glasses steam up when wearing a mask so I won't be able to see sod all.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seeing as half the posts of any thread on here about tickets and matches coming up is people saying they've not received the emails I wouldn't count on lots of people having seen that.

Also I honestly couldn't recall the last time I read a pre-match brief. It was always a load of guff when I did use to read them.

I'm not sure why it feels like you're trying to argue with me, when all I'm doing is repeating what the club have said cross numerous channels over the last week or so.

Whilst it's unfortunate you seem to have missed all of those, the good news is you are now aware and will, I'm sure, be prepared.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I doubt it will be enforced strictly. Just hold a pie and pint in your hands at all times.

I’ve spotted another flaw if these ideas are taken on board...clapping will be tricky and stamping your feet might mean your drink going everywhere

935CD693-BAC4-43F8-AE7A-F10C3D025B66.jpeg

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
For pities sake people, what is the bloody issue with wearing masks. We did it here for something like 5 months, everywhere when outside the house, even in the car if there was a passenger. Thanks to our state premiers this country, for all practical matters, has ZERO community transmission of Covid, and yet when we went into serious lockdown in Victoria including (curfew in greater Melbourne), Victoria was getting the same daily infections as the UK. It is airborne, wearing a mask does not protect you as your eyes are not covered but it protects those around you, and therefore you are protected by by everyone else's mask. So even if you don't give a shit about yourself, you cannot know if you dont have it (many people are asymptomatic and testing does not catch people on the cusp of being infectious) have a thought for those who you may infect. So wear a bloody mask and FFS cover your nose.

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I have recently moved to the North (will be in my actual seat tonight) from the family stand,even with a mask on i will be loud and proud of my team (You may need ear defenders as well as masks) :albion2:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For pities sake people, what is the bloody issue with wearing masks. We did it here for something like 5 months, everywhere when outside the house, even in the car if there was a passenger. Thanks to our state premiers this country, for all practical matters, has ZERO community transmission of Covid, and yet when we went into serious lockdown in Victoria including (curfew in greater Melbourne), Victoria was getting the same daily infections as the UK. It is airborne, wearing a mask does not protect you as your eyes are not covered but it protects those around you, and therefore you are protected by by everyone else's mask. So even if you don't give a shit about yourself, you cannot know if you dont have it (many people are asymptomatic and testing does not catch people on the cusp of being infectious) have a thought for those who you may infect. So wear a bloody mask and FFS cover your nose.

You are right that there is maybe too much fuss about masks but you cannot seriously compare Australia's case numbers with the UK. Australia has of yesterday recorded 29,978 cases whilst the UK has recorded 4.45 million. Australia has a completely different set of circumstances which are highly unusual and your relative success has very little in common with our struggles.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm by no means anti vax or a covid denier but this wearing masks outdoors does seem overkill to me. There have been numerous studies which have said the risk of covid transmission is extremely low outdoors, the repeated wearing of one in your pocket is probably less hygienic anyway and everyone that turns up has had a negative test.

Its fair enough on the concourse but it seems utterly pointless in a socially distanced outdoor setting.

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
This Covid is a clever bugger, it seems it knows you are at a sporting event and targets you whilst it avoids music events where masks don't seem mandatory.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I protest ! Let the world know we stand together and on 80 minutes all leave the stadium and bin those pesky masks on the way out !

That'll show em .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:angry:.......and breathe :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here