[News] Face Masks and Covid Passes to end in England from next Thursday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Face Masks and Covid Passes or not?

• Yes. Keep the masks and Covid passes. They make me comfortable to live my life normally

Votes: 168 61.1%
  • No. Scrap the masks and Covid passes. They don't make any difference now.

Votes: 107 38.9%

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We are out of the danger zone. Treat like the flu.

Time to open up , bin the masks and move on. It will always be here but we have jabs that protect the majority.

More damage is being done with NHS / Mental health and suicides than to not re-open everything and start gettig back to what we had.

It's as much under control as It'll ever be

Unfortunately there will always be deaths with it but its time for perspective.

What isn't "open", exactly?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He really is despicable fat c***.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sorry mate, that's on the BBC. They're biased against your opinion, whatever it is

the article comments how deaths per 1000 cases are down ( which is good news) but doesn't seem to join up the numbers that deaths have been rising because the numbers of infections is so high....

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Having done a lot of it myself over the last couple of years I would quite like to be visiting an office a couple of times a week to regain a bit of structure and separate home and professional life (depending on how far you live from the office and what you do might effect how often you need to go to the office but that is heading into non-Covid talk) but it has lead to a massive reduction in face to face contacts which probably kept a lid on the virus.

I agree that it is between employer and employee though.

I would agree with this.

Going in later / off peak to save costs. The office will be somewhere I can go when I want to, rather than be forced to to go.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The club don't appear to have made a statement so im suggesting that will result in a fair few fans thinking covid passes and mask are no longer required - one way or the other the club need to make a statement and a reminder ahead of next home game.

....ahead of the next home game on February 19th,
No rush.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
the article comments how deaths per 1000 cases are down ( which is good news) but doesn't seem to join up the numbers that deaths have been rising because the numbers of infections is so high....

Is that taking into account deaths where Covid isn't the primary cause?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ates-include-people-did-not-die-virus-admits/

For the week ending Jan 7, the UK Health Security Agency reported 1,282 deaths of people who had died within 28 days of testing positive for coronavirus.

However, ONS data show there were just 992 death registrations with Covid mentioned on the death certificate in that week.

For deaths where Covid was the primary cause, the difference is even starker, with just 712 registrations, meaning that 44 per cent of the Government’s daily reported figures in that week may not be true Covid deaths.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

As (probably) mentioned elsewhere, deaths WITH Covid ("coincidental") are up, but deaths BECAUSE of Covid... not so much.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
What I find astonishing is that everyone is still arguing the toss like this after two years, piping up with facts that may or not be true. How on earth after two whole years of one of the biggest crisis ever to hit these shores does everyone not have definitive facts on what the best masks are, how they work best, when you should and shouldn't wear them, precisely how many deaths have their been specifically from Covid, etc, etc?

Maybe because that during all this when everyone should be pulling together and trying to save every life possible, all the key people have been arguing like ****ing children.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The club don't appear to have made a statement so im suggesting that will result in a fair few fans thinking covid passes and mask are no longer required - one way or the other the club need to make a statement and a reminder ahead of next home game.

Waiting for the confirmed rules to be issued I would think. Don’t worry, sure there will be a very lengthy email well ahead of the next game - which isn’t for a month anyway

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
....ahead of the next home game on February 19th,
No rush.
you say that but i know fans that refuse to come whilst the masks and covid requirements are in place - drop these requirements and they are interested in purchasing tickets - they cant be alone in this.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Masks are really the only thing that really affect me and I have to say I am pleased that they will no longer be compulsory.
Yes,I will continue to wear one if requested to in several of our smaller local shops, but whilst queuing in a coffee shop, for example,I almost certainly won’t. It just seems pointless as no one sitting at the tables is wearing one, for obvious reasons. I went into Cafe Nero in Chichester the other day and the staff were not wearing masks and neither were the any of the customers,including those at the counter.I have to say, it was rather nice, and bad person that I am, I rather liked it; it was like normal life. Conversely, my wife’s mum is in a nursing home in Chichester and the protocol to visit is, understandably, pretty involved. We have no objection to that and jump through all kinds of hoops just to see her in the ‘visiting pod’,which is a room with a screen between us.
Johnson is a prat and not fit to be PM and I hope he goes, but I am with him on doing away with Plan B, after all, we are, more or less, only reverting back to where we were a few weeks ago.
Time will tell whether or not the decision is correct, but the extra precautions that Jimmy Krankie and Windbag Drakeford put in place don’t seem to have had any material effect over the English arrangements and I am hopeful that the scrapping of Plan B won’t set us back from the path to normality. If people want to wear masks, they are free to do so.

Last edited:

Jackthelad2

Sep 2, 2020
Let the people that are scared out of their minds hang on to the masks and silly covid passports and the rest carry on with their lives. Boris is still a c**t tho

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not if you buy an FFP3 mask and wear it properly. They filter in both directions, they offer protection to the wearer.

I had this argument over and over on the mask thread a few months ago, too many people still believe that masks only protect other people.

I have! But they are circa £1 each and intended for single use.
Millions in this country can't afford to eat properly, let along spend money on these.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
60% want masks and other restrictions kept in place despite the fact there is absolutely no evidence they do anything. In fact countries that have these restrictions in place have had just as bad omicron outbreaks.

People have just been brainwashed.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
60% want masks and other restrictions kept in place despite the fact there is absolutely no evidence they do anything. In fact countries that have these restrictions in place have had just as bad omicron outbreaks.

This has become the default NSC response to anything someone disagrees with. I genuinely wonder when this happened.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1484206240834150403[/tweet]

[tweet]1484206257535918080[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Absolutely no evidence???

A quick google came up with a fair amount of evidence - maybe all those academics across the world have been brainwashed too.

And surely common sense will tell you that putting something in place over the orifices that emit nasty things will impede the process?

I’m quite happy to have been brainwashed, and feel somewhat safer for it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

“Everybody’s brainwashed except me!”

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
What isn't "open", exactly?

Wife still waiting for a hospital appointment for something potentially serious ( numerous **** ups and Covid reasons why hasn’t happened )

1.5 hours on a call to sort electric bill out - reason Covid

Had a cousin attempt suicide last month - Covid

Neighbours bed not delivered 4 weeks late - reason offered Covid

Could probably list 20 things and the impact on a lot of people’s health and trying to get things sorted physically and mentally is off the scale

That’s what I mean by open .

Once open then things can get back to how things should and a lot less can suffer particularly mentally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports