Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Face Furniture. Nose Rings, Studs etc.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In my day being a bit rebellious meant having long hair and dressing like a slob, at least when you realised you looked a prat you could get a haircut and smarten up and there was no damage done other than just some embarrassing photos. Nowdays they end up with a sleeve of weird patterns or Sanskrit text that they can't read and a bongo in each ear that will be a lot harder to tidy up from when sense is seen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strange, whiney, old man thread . . . . surprised at some of the comments. Or . . . perhaps not :lolol:

For those who think 'dangerous' piercings is a new phenomenon, look up why the Prince Albert is called the Prince Albert.....

Personally I have no tats, for personal reasons. And now, rather foolishly, I have contributed to the thread - can never resist clickbait :O

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think I can speak with some experience. In the 90's I got swept along in the whole tattoo tidal wave. I got a large tribal back piece and various band and lyric quotes on my arms intertwined with patterns and tribal shit.

I thought I looked the millipede's pants. I probably did for a while. they were on fleek, on trend, contemporary, on the zeitgeist. Now I can just be easily identified as being young in the 90's.

I was lucky I never got hands, face or neck doen, I can get away with grown up clothing and I cut a fine dash in a blazer and chinos.

The trend for neck and face tattoos amongst the young IS a worry. I hope I am not being an old stick, I genuinely get concerned for some of the young bucks I see paying out for these ink jobs. Many, won't regret. Many, many more will.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think I can speak with some experience. In the 90's I got swept along in the whole tattoo tidal wave. I got a large tribal back piece and various band and lyric quotes on my arms intertwined with patterns and tribal shit.

I thought I looked the millipede's pants. I probably did for a while. they were on fleek, on trend, contemporary, on the zeitgeist. Now I can just be easily identified as being young in the 90's.

I was lucky I never got hands, face or neck doen, I can get away with grown up clothing and I cut a fine dash in a blazer and chinos.

The trend for neck and face tattoos amongst the young IS a worry. I hope I am not being an old stick, I genuinely get concerned for some of the young bucks I see paying out for these ink jobs. Many, won't regret. Many, many more will.

An old pal of mine inked various letters and Bluebirds on the backs of his hands and on his knuckles with indian Ink and some kind of pin when he was young. Latterly in his 50's he thought they looked ridiculous so tried to get them removed. he had to pay as the NHS would not treat it and ended up going to some clinic in Southampton about 4 times over about a year where they burnt them off in stages with a laser. He said the smell of burning skin was awful.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The earlobe thing is pretty grim tbh

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
An old pal of mine inked various letters and Bluebirds on the backs of his hands and on his knuckles with indian Ink and some kind of pin when he was young. Latterly in his 50's he thought they looked ridiculous so tried to get them removed. he had to pay as the NHS would not treat it and ended up going to some clinic in Southampton about 4 times over about a year where they burnt them off in stages with a laser. He said the smell of burning skin was awful.

er .... possibly he wanted them removed for another reason?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I could take you to a few cafes and show you chicks with piercings; I can assure you you'll soon change your mind.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I could take you to a few cafes and show you chicks with piercings; I can assure you you'll soon change your mind.
Yeah it all comes down to how good looking they are in the first place, you could put Rachel Riley in a black sack an cover her in rubbish but she'd still be hot!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah it all comes down to how good looking they are in the first place, you could put Rachel Riley in a black sack an cover her in rubbish but she'd still be hot!

I'd say hotter (I think this strong beer I'm drinking is getting the better of me. I'd better stop)

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Strange, whiney, old man thread . . . . surprised at some of the comments. Or . . . perhaps not :lolol:

For those who think 'dangerous' piercings is a new phenomenon, look up why the Prince Albert is called the Prince Albert.....

Personally I have no tats, for personal reasons. And now, rather foolishly, I have contributed to the thread - can never resist clickbait :O

I'm pretty sure that, like Prince Albert street, the Prince Albert Pub was originally named after the Prince Consort (as were many pubs), and not after a genital piercing which is popularly, but erroneously, associated with the Prince.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
It's nothing new.

IMG_0046.JPG

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
The earlobe thing is pretty grim tbh

Yep I hate that. The other ones that I just can't get with are piercings in the eyebrow and chin and a ring in the nose. Why? It looks awful!!! Always!!!
Most other adornments (tats and piercings) are dependent on the person and the 'thing' itself. Imho many look great, particularly on women. But some are done it seems primarily to shock and they elicit a very negative response from me, along the lines of "take that sh@t out of your face before trying to talk to me...". But then I am an old fogey...

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Time moves on you old farts

. If you're lucky, one day you'll be an old fart too. If you can possibly manage to mature with those extra years you'll understand that when you were young and knew it all, you actually knew F*** All.
How do I know that? Because once I naively thought I was wiser then than I would be when I was older. God knows why I thought that ...at what stage did I think I'd stop learning? :shrug:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
20 years ago my then 16 year old son had his tongue pierced. I had no idea he had had it done - he must have been a bit less of a gobshite for 6 months because he had removed it before I ever knew!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. If you're lucky, one day you'll be an old fart too. If you can possibly manage to mature with those extra years you'll understand that when you were young and knew it all, you actually knew F*** All.
How do I know that? Because once I naively thought I was wiser then than I would be when I was older. God knows why I thought that ...at what stage did I think I'd stop learning? :shrug:
Hmm interesting. .

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thank god women can't grow beards (well,most of them).Should be banned,unless for religious purposes (beards,not women)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here