Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fabrizio Romano

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
In as nice a way of possible of posting, what a load of crap. If you think he has that sort of influence you're mad. Indeed the likes of this entity is likely to make decent clubs walk away from deals. Brighton do their business out of the limelight so when leeches start tweeting this stuff it is likely Bloom and Barber will double down on their stance.

It highlights walls have ears and will alter the way Brighton will allow things to be made public.

He neither made Brighton accept or decline an offer.

Disagree.

The media has always been highly influential when it comes to football and transfers.

Social media, especially Twitter, is explosive when it comes to PR and hype building. Like him or loathe him, Romano genuinely does get info early through his network of agents and probably to some degree the clubs themselves. The hype he creates injects nitrous into rumours and transfer negotiations.

Should these deals have been done quietly behind closed doors, I can't imagine we would have had Liverpool and Chelsea battling in a bidding war in the 11th hour, nor would Chelsea have hijacked City for Cucurella in such a dramatic (and expensive) fashion.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Reliably informed Fabrizio was constantly being fed information from Winstanley.

Friend of mine went as far to say Winstanley was annoyed that a he posted a recent tweet featuring a picture of Winstanley with his eyes closed so asked him to repost another picture (sent to him by Winstanley)

Both snakes.

Attachments

• IMG_9585.jpeg
    IMG_9585.jpeg
    849.3 KB · Views: 139

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Reliably informed Fabrizio was constantly being fed information from Winstanley.

Friend of mine went as far to say Winstanley was annoyed that a he posted a recent tweet featuring a picture of Winstanley with his eyes closed so asked him to repost another picture (sent to him by Winstanley)

Both snakes.
You look at Winstanley and can just imagine that’s what he is like.

Must be on borrowed time now

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Disagree.

The media has always been highly influential when it comes to football and transfers.

Social media, especially Twitter, is explosive when it comes to PR and hype building. Like him or loathe him, Romano genuinely does get info early through his network of agents and probably to some degree the clubs themselves. The hype he creates injects nitrous into rumours and transfer negotiations.

Should these deals have been done quietly behind closed doors, I can't imagine we would have had Liverpool and Chelsea battling in a bidding war in the 11th hour, nor would Chelsea have hijacked City for Cucurella in such a dramatic (and expensive) fashion.
OK...................................................... :wave:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Watford supporter, too, apparently :shrug:

Seems good at his job, but also very full of himself too.
I've not changed my opinion from a year ago. Even more full of himself now.

Jimmy Grimble

Cucarella? Caicedo? Trossard?

knekkebrød

May 20, 2018
Norway
My problem with him is that it looks like he is an active part of the process of making transfers happen. He is shifting power in favor of big clubs.

I also worry that he get money or favors for some of his posts(witch would be in violation of basic journalistic principles). The most disturbing incident to suggest this was his reporting around Caicedo in january. His Cucurella to City-posts a year ago was also grim.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My problem with him is that it looks like he is an active part of the process of making transfers happen. He is shifting power in favor of big clubs.

I also worry that he get money or favors for some of his posts(witch would be in violation of basic journalistic principles). The most disturbing incident to suggest this was his reporting around Caicedo in january. His Cucurella to City-posts a year ago was also grim.
Exactly this. Fabrizio is no longer reporting events but is actively involved in these events

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Romano has made a career by hanging on to the coat tails of people with more talent.

This show seems to fit that model as Emma Jones has two outstanding talents as a presenter and journalist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here