Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAB Euro Ticketing meeting

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
As this comes under UEFA rules do they determine how tickets are distributed with all clubs or has the individual club the rights to use their own system,in our case the loyalty point system. I seem to remember clubs playing in Europe having to use ticket ballots to distribute their allocations for the away legs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As this comes under UEFA rules do they determine how tickets are distributed with all clubs or has the individual club the rights to use their own system,in our case the loyalty point system. I seem to remember clubs playing in Europe having to use ticket ballots to distribute their allocations for the away legs.
Up to the clubs

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
A mini season ticket for the home games.
As Bozza mentioned earlier the club are likely to want as many fans as possible to get the chance to go to a game. Your suggestion would achieve the opposite with the non STH seats. Selling these tickets will be very easy so absolutely no need for the club to package them in any way.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Will the club be looking to distribute a small number of away tickets to overseas fans who are not daft enough to purchase an Albion + membership as it guarantees nothing whatsoever? :shrug:

(In with the home fans, or stay in the bars)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Will the club be looking to distribute a small number of away tickets to overseas fans who are not daft enough to purchase an Albion + membership as it guarantees nothing whatsoever? :shrug:

What’s the difference between ‘overseas fan’ or ‘fan’ if neither have Albion+ ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As you seem to know far more about this, can you please confirm where these 75 seats are in the Lower West (Block and Rows would be useful).
Assuming that these are likely to be close to half way line, I doubt that people in these seats will be happy if they are pushed into a corner, with a much poorer view than they currently enjoy.
Surely, as these will be cup games, nobody is guaranteed their 'own' seats anyway. I guess the club will just block out however many seats UEFA demand for each game and when the tickets go on sale, they simply won't be available to purchase.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Why would they?

We have 20,000+ season ticket holders - people guaranteeing the club £500+ of income every season, and a cohort of fans (some STH, some not) who travel the length and breadth of the country every week to lend their support to the team. Tough as it is - supply of tickets is going to be very limited - no tickets will be, or should be, put aside for anyone outside of those groups.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Guaranteed seats for people who live overseas, don’t have a ST, don’t go to Albion games and will only buy memberships if it gives them a guarantee :)
Nice try ! Not sure that question will be used.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think this is definitely a good point. I don't think people also realise how expensive it's going to be to games outside of The Netherlands/Belgium/France. I watched some games of Leicester in Europe with my old man and flights out of the UK jump up significantly in price.

Very curious how much we will actually take to some places.
It's mad to think that a lot of brighton fans willing to travel independently will be immediately pitched into competition with each other for travel and accommodation arrangements the second the draw is made.

Stupid capitalism!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's mad to think that a lot of brighton fans willing to travel independently will be immediately pitched into competition with each other for travel and accommodation arrangements the second the draw is made.

Stupid capitalism!
The way these things work. I’ve got 3 England trips booked without ticket allocations even being known, let alone draws made.

Proper fans will travel ticketless if they want to go

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The way these things work. I’ve got 3 England trips booked without ticket allocations even being known, let alone draws made.

Exactly this. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. No way am I missing this opportunity, If I don't get a ticket, fine. I accept that. I'm not a STH and only got a MyAlbion+ membership for this season to be within a chance of getting a ticket.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

In that case I'll be much more likely to be a 'proper' fan where the fixture also takes place in a Mediterranean city.

I might not even bother telling my wife I didn't get a ticket.

'How was the match love?'

'Yeah good atmosphere in the little bar by the harbou....erm inside the stadium."

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why would they?

We have 20,000+ season ticket holders - people guaranteeing the club £500+ of income every season, and a cohort of fans (some STH, some not) who travel the length and breadth of the country every week to lend their support to the team. Tough as it is - supply of tickets is going to be very limited - no tickets will be, or should be, put aside for anyone outside of those groups.
Joking, honest!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
With reference to my above original comment, I reckon there may be hundreds of ticketless fans who will travel.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Exactly this. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for us. No way am I missing this opportunity, If I don't get a ticket, fine. I accept that. I'm not a STH and only got a MyAlbion+ membership for this season to be within a chance of getting a ticket.
My one drawback (if you can call him that) is I usually attend with my dad. He's a bit old and doddery these days so wouldn't want to travel without everything sorted legitimately. I think we'll have to sit down and decide which ones I go to solo and which ones he can do. I've got an ST but not priority 1 so will have to wait and see.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
As Bozza mentioned earlier the club are likely to want as many fans as possible to get the chance to go to a game. Your suggestion would achieve the opposite with the non STH seats. Selling these tickets will be very easy so absolutely no need for the club to package them in any way.
For STH’s, saves having to apply for each individual game. Nice n easy please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here