Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FAB Euro Ticketing meeting

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The Fan Advisory Board are meeting with the club next week to discuss what plans they have already made for ticketing the "European Tour"

The meeting is an opportunity for the club to explain the planning they have done to date and for us to ask questions on behalf of the fans.
We have been listening to fans concerns with questions received by email, at meetings, and through social media. We have come up with the following list of questions to ask.

European Away games

Will the club use the same loyalty points system as they do for PL away games?

Will there be travel + ticket packages?
If so, will these give travelling fans access to match tickets aside from loyalty points?

We know we only get 5% ticket allocation in Europe.
Will players tickets, club staff tickets and sponsors tickets come out of this 5%?

Knowing that demand will out strip supply, will the club automatically agree to take on the full allocation?

Would a fan be able to buy tickets for all three away games in a package if they have the qualifying loyalty points?

We understand that many other PL clubs, who regularly play in Europe, only allow tickets to be collected at the away ground by the ticket holder with ID. Is that something you plan to do?

Are the club making any provision for Albion fans who travel without tickets?

Home games

Will fans buying home tickets be prioritised as for FA Cup games? (i.e. Season tickets, Season ticket guests, Albion member+ etc)

What will pricing be for Euro home games? Same as PL Cat A, Cat B, etc ?

Will Euro ticket prices include travel ?

How will you ensure away fans are not able to get tickets in the home seats?

Will away fans be able to buy corporate hospitality and gain access that way?

For Europa League Games, is the stadium handed over to UEFA in the same way it was for the Euros? (e.g. Euro signage, and only Heineken beers)

Are the club making any provision for visiting fans who travel without tickets?

If you have a question that we have overlooked, please reply to this thread by Sunday evening. I will feedback on this thread after the meeting and the official meeting minutes will be posted on the FAB page of the club website and the Fan Advisory Board's independent website www.bhafc-fab.co.uk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Good list of questions there.

I know when I had a meeting with the club a while back on a ticketing matter, they mentioned that STHs and 1901ers were not guaranteed their own seats for European games because of UEFA's requirement for tickets for their officials and sponsors etc.

In reality, this won't be a huge number of seats, but now we know which competition we are in, do the club now know what requirements they will need to meet, how many STH/1901 tickets may be required and how any fans who have to give up "their seat" will be accommodated elsewhere?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Would a fan be able to buy tickets for all three away games in a package if they have the qualifying loyalty points?’

That suggestion would not be consistent with the current loyalty point scheme as the make up (at the margin) of those qualifying for tickets would/could be different for each game as the season progresses. I see no reason for offering the tickets as a 3 game package as there should be little difficulty in selling the tickets for the separate matches.

Last edited:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Would a fan be able to buy tickets for all three away games in a package if they have the qualifying loyalty points?’

That suggestion not be consistent with the current loyalty point scheme as the make up (at the margin) of those qualifying for tickets would/could be different for each game as the season progresses. I see no reason for offering the tickets as a 3 game package as there should be little difficulty in selling the tickets for the separate matches.
Definitely. Although the club may well like the idea of loads of tickets sold in one big easy to administrate bundle.

Think it would be a shame though as individual tickets will give more overall fans a chance as circumstances change.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I said last season that an away ticket exchange would be really useful. I can see people getting tickets as soon as their tier opens and then realising they have issues with leave from work or travel arrangements. It would look really bad if we sold (say) all 1000 tickets for an away on the first morning and then bums on seats was nearer 800 for example.

I suspect the club don't have the tech for it nor the apatite to enable it for what might be one season but it would be good to know how we'll handle things if there are large numbers of no shows.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Good list of questions there.

I know when I had a meeting with the club a while back on a ticketing matter, they mentioned that STHs and 1901ers were not guaranteed their own seats for European games because of UEFA's requirement for tickets for their officials and sponsors etc.

In reality, this won't be a huge number of seats, but now we know which competition we are in, do the club now know what requirements they will need to meet, how many STH/1901 tickets may be required and how any fans who have to give up "their seat" will be accommodated elsewhere?
I would imagine Giovanni "Today I'm gay" Infantino will want to come and see Brighton, despite not being anything to do with the Europa League. That said, there will be that spare 1500 seats in the south unused that we have to sell in the EPL. Just move the entire Lower West 75 seats to the right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Definitely. Although the club may well like the idea of loads of tickets sold in one big easy to administrate bundle.
I don't think so...

- Depending on who we draw, it may not be that many tickets at all. It could be 5% of some teeny tiny grounds, far below what the club has to deal with for most Premier League games each season.

- The administrative burden won't be much less as, say, tickets for games 2 and 3 won't be in hand when game 1 ticketing happens. Indeed, even if the club knows how many tickets they will get for games 2 and 3 they almost certainly won't have the electronic seat maps allowing them to give fans the choice of seats so far in advance.

- When it comes to ticketing, the club clearly prioritise fairness over anything else, so will be keen to ensure that as many fans as possible get the chance to attend games, should they build up sufficient loyalty as the season progresses.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Thanks for your proactivity for coming on here to collect and share those questions Barry. Those questions pretty much cover most of the questions people have posted prevously on here or on social media.

Has it been confirmed Seagulls Travel are the 'official' travel provider for the European games for the next season? I would imagine other Sports Travel companies (Sportsbreaks and Gullivers Sports Travel) will be pitching for the fan travel for this coming season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would imagine Giovanni "Today I'm gay" Infantino will want to come and see Brighton, despite not being anything to do with the Europa League. That said, there will be that spare 1500 seats in the south unused that we have to sell in the EPL. Just move the entire Lower West 75 seats to the right.
I think you’ve confused FIFA and UEFA there

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My question is probably more a statement - Please could the club not allow guest tickets to be purchased before all tiers of loyalty points / STHs have been completed. For example, the FA Cup Semi, those with enough points were allowed to buy guest tickets before those with less points. Just doesn't seem fair.

Saltdean Seagull

Aug 21, 2011
Be good to know what provisions the club are making (if any) for those fans with disabilities (ambulant and physical/wheelchair users etc.). I want to go to at least one away day if poss, but am really nervous about the logistics involved.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I said last season that an away ticket exchange would be really useful. I can see people getting tickets as soon as their tier opens and then realising they have issues with leave from work or travel arrangements. It would look really bad if we sold (say) all 1000 tickets for an away on the first morning and then bums on seats was nearer 800 for example.

I suspect the club don't have the tech for it nor the apatite to enable it for what might be one season but it would be good to know how we'll handle things if there are large numbers of no shows.
I think this is definitely a good point. I don't think people also realise how expensive it's going to be to games outside of The Netherlands/Belgium/France. I watched some games of Leicester in Europe with my old man and flights out of the UK jump up significantly in price.

Very curious how much we will actually take to some places.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Be good to know what provisions the club are making (if any) for those fans with disabilities (ambulant and physical/wheelchair users etc.). I want to go to at least one away day if poss, but am really nervous about the logistics involved.
I don't suppose the club has too much control over that. It will mostly rely on the away side.

A quick google found this for the Champions League last year:

So I'd say the majority of established clubs have good facilities, whilst some will have none at all.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That said, there will be that spare 1500 seats in the south unused that we have to sell in the EPL. Just move the entire Lower West 75 seats to the right.
As you seem to know far more about this, can you please confirm where these 75 seats are in the Lower West (Block and Rows would be useful).
Assuming that these are likely to be close to half way line, I doubt that people in these seats will be happy if they are pushed into a corner, with a much poorer view than they currently enjoy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think this is definitely a good point. I don't think people also realise how expensive it's going to be to games outside of The Netherlands/Belgium/France. I watched some games of Leicester in Europe with my old man and flights out of the UK jump up significantly in price.

Very curious how much we will actually take to some places.
Exactly. And some places will only be accessible if you change planes and take a second international or domestic flight. Layovers add time which means longer off work and potentially sleeping in an airport departure lounge in a hub like Istanbul.

And as @Springal has mentioned before, a few on here might get a surprise when it comes to policing and stewarding :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The Fan Advisory Board are meeting with the club next week to discuss what plans they have already made for ticketing the "European Tour"

The meeting is an opportunity for the club to explain the planning they have done to date and for us to ask questions on behalf of the fans.
We have been listening to fans concerns with questions received by email, at meetings, and through social media. We have come up with the following list of questions to ask.

European Away games
Will the club use the same loyalty points system as they do for PL away games?

Will there be travel + ticket packages?
If so, will these give travelling fans access to match tickets aside from loyalty points?

We know we only get 5% ticket allocation in Europe.
Will players tickets, club staff tickets and sponsors tickets come out of this 5%?

Knowing that demand will out strip supply, will the club automatically agree to take on the full allocation?

Would a fan be able to buy tickets for all three away games in a package if they have the qualifying loyalty points?

We understand that many other PL clubs, who regularly play in Europe, only allow tickets to be collected at the away ground by the ticket holder with ID. Is that something you plan to do?

Home games

Will fans buying home tickets be prioritised as for FA Cup games? (i.e. Season tickets, Season ticket guests, Albion member+ etc)

What will pricing be for Euro home games? Same as PL Cat A, Cat B, etc ?

Will Euro ticket prices include travel ?

How will you ensure away fans are not able to get tickets in the home seats?

Will away fans be able to buy corporate hospitality and gain access that way?

For Europa League Games, is the stadium handed over to UEFA in the same way it was for the Euros? (e.g. Euro signage, and only Heineken beers)

Are the club making any provision for visiting fans who travel without tickets?

If you have a question that we have overlooked, please reply to this thread by Sunday evening. I will feedback on this thread after the meeting and the official meeting minutes will be posted on the FAB page of the club website and the Fan Advisory Board's independent website www.bhafc-fab.co.uk
An extension to the home game questions but good to understand if this will be sold as individual “cup” tickets in the usual order or can home STH purchase all 3 home group games as a package / discount

Thanks

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Really good list of questions - although I can't see the club encouraging those without tickets to travel.

Whilst we can all organise our own travel, I really hope the club put on 'there and back' trips for those who perhaps want to go but can't have three days off work to go to games...

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Many thanks for that Barry.

Can I ask when the club expect tickets for each away game to be put on sale? Will it be the same advance notice for each, as 3 weeks from draw to potentially first game is inavoidable but for the later games hopefully longer can be given to allow travel planning/work holiday booking etc.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Really good list of questions - although I can't see the club encouraging those without tickets to travel.

Whilst we can all organise our own travel, I really hope the club put on 'there and back' trips for those who perhaps want to go but can't have three days off work to go to games...
Good spot. I know I will be travelling regardless if I get a ticket or not. If that includes getting a ticket in the home end, so be it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has it been confirmed Seagulls Travel are the 'official' travel provider for the European games for the next season? I would imagine other Sports Travel companies (Sportsbreaks and Gullivers Sports Travel) will be pitching for the fan travel for this coming season.
I doubt Seagulls Travel would get ATOL protected quickly, they could ‘partner’ with someone but it’d be cost on cost. In all honesty these pre packaged travel trips are expensive but can be convenient for a day trip, but I doubt many would pay £350+ for a 20 hour day trip. Certainly not fill a plane if allocations are small

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here