Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think I've just woken up in an alternate universe and found that the Albion are playing Crystal Palace in the next round of the cup.
I'm seeing [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] strutting his stuff with his weasel beard, [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] in the guise of a 1970s Open University advert, [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] throwing peanuts at a certain groover grandad, a spotty faced mod________(insert any one you like) all wearing red flares.
Woah man :lolol:

Come over 'ere if you think you're 'ard enough.

:albion::safeway:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

It is. Go on the Palace site and they are laughing at the reaction on here. We are playing our rivals at home in the FA cup. We should be delighted, this is what football is all about, and all I can see are grown men crying like its a disaster because some spotty idiots caused a relatively small amount of trouble.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Guess it comes down whether you remember football as a fan or if you're younger as a customer ?!

Great draw and will wake some up in WSL who act like they are on death row or on a school detention

Christ after this season we may never play Palace for another 5-10 years - where will you be then in life ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Another boring match, which will be over hyped by our supporters and palace's. Let us hope we steward it ourselves and let the Sussex Police smash the f**k out of any trouble makers home or away............:ban::shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It is. Go on the Palace site and they are laughing at the reaction on here. We are playing our rivals at home in the FA cup. We should be delighted, this is what football is all about, and all I can see are grown men crying like its a disaster because some spotty idiots caused a relatively small amount of trouble.

Wouldn't dirty my hands by going on to that site...and i'm looking forward to having the chance to see them beaten so quite happy with the draw....but i wouldn't underplay the events of last week..those Palace who couldn't get in didn't seem to be laughing but hey their problem

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They represent themselves . They don’t effect me in the slightest.

Would you consider yourself affected by:
Reduced ticket allocation
Changed kick off time
Bars being closed
Being kettled

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The perfect draw..........It allows you to go for it but if you get beat you have a get out of jail card by saying ''we were concentrating on the league'' Win win situation and even bigger win if you win

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Great draw, give them the full allocation and bring it on.

If they give us 4500 tickets, in the interest of segregation, would it be better to give us the stand that runs the length of the pitch ?

There's probably scope for the usual 3k behind the goal and the SW corner which might make up just over 4k.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why should decent fans be treated that way . Overkill in the extreme .

Well, a section of your own fans made that particular rod for your backs last week. Ideally CPFC2010 would be treated like any other set of fans visiting the Amex. But you proved that (unlike) every other set of fans, some of you can't be trusted. So if you HAVE to be allowed back, I'd rather you were bubbled. Its much less of a nause for the majority then.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Trouble is, and I'm not the only one to think this, is that I reckon the reduced allocation was a major factor in last week's shenanigans.

Absolute rubbish, sensible people don't turn up without tickets, and then rush the stewards to gain entry. They may moan about the unfair loyalty points system (in their view). If the Palace idiots had enough points they would have got tickets and also wouldn't have needed the handout from Parish.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ah, awesome draw! Burst out laughing when I heard it, we've been wanting this cup draw for 30 years and we get it this season of all seasons!

I'm delighted, I am going to see us play Palarse this year after all, fantastic, I'm going to get to take my daughter to a derby match for the first time, and hopefully like me she'll get to see us beat them in her first ever derby game.

There's less riding on this match than the league game, so should be more open, and who cares if its a reserve game, its still 11 from Brighton playing 11 of them lot. Legends can be made in derby matches.

This season just gets more and more epic. BRING IT ON!!!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Gutted. Regardless of whether it turns out to be little more than an U23 match I really want to be there for it and it turns out that I'm working Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday that weekend. I think there's a vague chance I could make a Saturday evening fixture but there's no chance of the police approving that start time.

It's Brighton v Palace. It's always important. Even that Zenith Data Systems match seemed to matter. I remember the North Stand hurling dog's abuse at Ian Wright and I seem to recall him rewarding us by scoring. Fair play to him though. He was the quick to point out the tie after the draw tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here