Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The club chose Monday evening (I know they had reasons). Chris Hughton normally plays the reserves (or 1st team squad members lacking games) for FA Cup games and there has been no indication that this game will be any different. These two points will put people off going.

I am not necessarily saying playing the reserves is the wrong thing to do but if the club don't treat the FA Cup as important as the league then neither will the fans.
Nut in Shell. Nail on Head.

Cup games against equal or lower opposition have been uniformly rubbish for several years now. Add to that "school nights" being hard enough on the train without throwing in the element of chaos caused by it being Palace.

We have got two league games against them this season and the likelihood of more to come before too long - for me, these are the games to focus on.

Good luck to people who can afford it and are motivated to go along. I hope we win but, unless by some miracle most of our first choice players and theirs have done battle, I can't see how it is a patch on a proper game.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Loads of seats empty when I bought my tickets today. It's not going to be anything like a full ground. I like the FA Cup, but I can understand why it doesn't matter so much for most people now. No league points at stake, not likely to be first team etc. Still be a game of football, though.

Most clubs in the top two divisions just want the league points - and in fact the only way you could make it matter now would be to give extra League points to teams depending on how far they got in the cup.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Most clubs in the top two divisions just want the league points - and in fact the only way you could make it matter now would be to give extra League points to teams depending on how far they got in the cup.

Sorry, but that idea is weapons-grade bonkers. How would you feel if (say) West Brom gleaned a few extra League points this season courtesy of turning over Cambridge Utd, Leeds, and Burton in the Cup, thus sneaking above us in the table because we got dry-humped in R3 at Man City ? Have a word.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Sorry, but that idea is weapons-grade bonkers. How would you feel if (say) West Brom gleaned a few extra League points this season courtesy of turning over Cambridge Utd, Leeds, and Burton in the Cup, thus sneaking above us in the table because we got dry-humped in R3 at Man City ? Have a word.
The magic of the cup would be back! And possibly some corruption, too.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
My season ticket has been in the East stand since the Amex opened, so I’m looking forward to trying out the West Stand Upper for this game!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Had s/t in both you will be underwhelmed with the wsu,view alot better in esu.
If Luke's been in ESU since The Amex opened then that is a great effort...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
Trying to get some more tickets this morning but have been stuck in the queue it and not moving for nearly an hour now, anyone else having issues?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The RMT have called this a strike day so I doubt there will be a special to take the Palace fans home.
Travel to and from the Amex might be affected too.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The RMT have called this a strike day so I doubt there will be a special to take the Palace fans home.
Travel to and from the Amex might be affected too.

I wonder if the Police will step in with this on safety grounds as I can't see them wanting 2000 palace arriving from goodness knows where. At least they can be controlled on trains.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Won't affect it as it will be DOO, the locals from Brighton WILL be affected though as the majority still have guards

What about trains to and from London? Will they be running?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
haven't read the whole thread so sorry if old news but I think I saw earlier on TV that this is on BT Sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here