Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th Round - Who do you want?

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Accrington or Fleetwood(if they win) as they are the only 2 grounds I haven't seen us play at (new Arsenal & Man City next season).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 PL teams knocked out so far, and as a minimum Sunderland or Burnley will join them.

So worst case, the albion is now the 14th highest placed team still in the competition.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Home to lower opposition.. let's have an easier one, keep the fringe squad players involved too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Why on earth would anyone want the distraction of playing that lot up the road is beyond me! A lower league side at home please Bob.

We can't lose focus on the prize, and just imagine IF they did win the tie, it might give them a lift to stay up!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reckon we'll get pantomime villain Barton back at the Amex

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why on earth would anyone want the distraction of playing that lot up the road is beyond me! A lower league side at home please Bob.

We can't lose focus on the prize, and just imagine IF they did win the tie, it might give them a lift to stay up!

I'd rather ask Rachel for 4 little ones and one big one for Wembley.

Plus she'd respect me for having no smuttiness in my request.

D

Deleted User X18H

Without a shadow of doubt it will be Arsenal at home on 29th January. Live on BT Sport and we'll lose 2-3

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Away draw against a PL team, play the reserves, get knocked out, crack on with the league.

This. We already have Cardiff and Newcastle games to re-arrange, and if we get through to the 5th round, that will put the kibosh on Barnsley away as well. We really don't need an end of season fixture pile up.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Because the longer we stay in the competition the more it becomes a focus. Hughton will feel pressured to play regular first teamers. Can you imagine playing Liverpool away in the 6th round and Hughton picking Towell over Stephens or not picking Murray or Knockaert? He may resist, but it will be a distraction we don't need. Also picking up an injury to March, Murphy or Hemed etc would also significantly weaken us. IMO the 4th or possibly 5th round is far enough. We need our first team focused and wrapped in cotton wool when they aren't playing in the championship.

I'd stick with the second stream team for the whole competition, unlikely, but if they do go all the way, they deserve to be in the final.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, different team. Only five starters from the Reading failure kept their places and started yesterday.
It's easy to make the case that the entire squad is 'different' from the middle of September.

Play the first team. I want to see which players can hold their own at the next level
I assume that's top sarcasm, well played.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As long as it's not using to many of the regular first team and provides the second eleven with a worthwhile set of games then crack on lets go as far as we can so a lower league team at home please

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here