Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup 3rd Round Ties

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I was hearing that from tonight they have an additional VAR official, VAR support, to handle communication from all the other VAR officials and assistants back down to the referee.

It’s getting ridiculous, let’s just keep getting more and more cooks into the mix, that’s bound to help!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Had three VAR checks for nothing tackles in this spurs game, why are they refereeing the game so much all of a sudden? Any tackle if freeze framed can look ugly, I hate what football is becoming.
They VAR checked for over a minute for a clear accident when the Burnley player stood on Lo Celso

10 seconds is all it should have taken.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I was hearing that from tonight they have an additional VAR official, VAR support, to handle communication from all the other VAR officials and assistants back down to the referee.

It’s getting ridiculous, let’s just keep getting more and more cooks into the mix, that’s bound to help!
That's always been the way. You can hear the VAR support in the Liverpool offside debacle, he just wasn't listened to

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They VAR checked for over a minute for a clear accident when the Burnley player stood on Lo Celso

10 seconds is all it should have taken.
It shouldn’t have taken anything really tho, VAR wasn’t brought in to slow down every second of footage and comb through to find mildly/arguably incorrect refereeing decisions.

I always thought VAR would get rid of refereeing howlers but all it appears to have done is make the VAR officials into scientific geeks who want to get involved in every aspect of the match, I sctuslly feel for the referees at times because it’s making them look stupid.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Tuesday, the last 15 mins Thursday and now this...this goal drought sees no end in sight...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gomes suspended against us. He’s their star man. Caicedo like.
Seinfeld Shame GIF

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wolves will have a replay then before we play them… good news potentially…? As well as the suspension to their midfielder…

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm liking these all Premier League ties that are ending in draws and requiring replays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here