f*** Off McGhee

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there a web site that you can reach that shows wages for each CCC club.

Come on you computer buffs give us the answers have we got the lowest wages budget in this Division as I seem to remember DK saying at a Fans Forum that we have nowhere near the lowest nor the highest in this division.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Silent Bob said:
His record in the transfer marker is checkered. If he has no money how did we buy Turienzo for £100k+, and bid a similar sum for Tom Brighton?

Exactly, people are always saying MM has had no money to spend and he has been under massive financial constraints but if our bid for Tom Brighton had been accepted, we would have payed two six figure sums for players within a season, Plus we have Carole and Frutos' wages.

He has had money to spend and sometimes he has done great but alot of the time he has done crap.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
paddy said:
Exactly, people are always saying MM has had no money to spend and he has been under massive financial constraints but if our bid for Tom Brighton had been accepted, we would have payed two six figure sums for players within a season, Plus we have Carole and Frutos' wages.

He has had money to spend and sometimes he has done great but alot of the time he has done crap.

Which do you consider crap Paddy? McGammon I might agree but who else that cost money?and don't say Turienzo. I am convinced that was not his signing.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
fosters headband said:
Which do you consider crap Paddy? McGammon I might agree but who else that cost money?and don't say Turienzo. I am convinced that was not his signing.

So who 's signing was he then:censored:

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
fosters headband said:

Ruling out Turienzo, i would not so much say he has wasted money in terms of transfer fees, but on wages. Most of the crap signings have been free's however we are still paying their wages every week and i'm sure if we put all those together we could attract one or two good players. Also remeber that just because it is announced as a free transfer doesn't mean the club aren't paying agents or the players.

Crap Signings:
Molango
Jarret (purely because he does not seem to have developed)
McCammon

I would also put Nicolus into that group because, from what we have seen so far, he is no better than what we already had.

HampshireSeagulls said:
How so?

We need, according to our own figures, to average 12K for a home match to make it viable. What is the top average for a League 1 team now?

Ignoring the cock up on 365.com which has Swansea getting more people than the stadium can hold, it's Nottm Forest. who average 19K. Most of the rest don't scratch 10K. If we cannot average 12K, we will be in the position of having a shiny stadium and a shiny overdraft again.

Would it genuinely shock you if I told you that even my rugby team with no history whatsoever in Reading averages 11,000 for league games.

Just a few seasons ago, we struggled to get 4,000 into our "real" home of Sunbury. Playing in the same league.

The difference is entirely down to offering modern facilities. If Brighton ever averages less than 12,000 at Falmer, I'll join the Conservative Party.

Last edited:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
Would it genuinely shock you if I told you that even my rugby team with no history whatsoever in Reading averages 11,000 for league games.

Just a few seasons ago, we struggled to get 4,000 into our "real" home of Sunbury. Playing in the same league.

The difference is entirely down to offering modern facilities. If Brighton ever averages less than 12,000 at Falmer, I'll join the Conservative Party.

Would the tories have you left winger boy :lolol: :lolol:

HampshireSeagulls said:
The signing of one of our players was on the recommendation by email from Kinky....

Err....no. The Spurs fan might have alerted our management to the Spurs reserve, and credit to him, but he has since been watched a number of times and it's only after that are we trying to sign him.

I would seriously call for McGhee's sacking if he signed players on Kinky's, yours, or my say-so :)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Title of this thread both immature and uncalled for. If we had scored first today, there would have been a totally different result. MCGhee is the best man for the job in the circumstances and has my full support and that of most of the supporters I know.

BensGrandad said:
Is there a web site that you can reach that shows wages for each CCC club.

Come on you computer buffs give us the answers have we got the lowest wages budget in this Division as I seem to remember DK saying at a Fans Forum that we have nowhere near the lowest nor the highest in this division.

:thud:

In the Sheffield Utd programme, Dick Knight stated the club operated on one-sixth of the average budget of a tier 2 team.

One-sixth of one of the mid-table teams!

vulture said:
Would the tories have you left winger boy :lolol: :lolol:

Hey, if they can elect Tony Blair-lite as their new leader, who's to say what's possible? :D

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
Title of this thread both immature and uncalled for. If we had scored first today, there would have been a totally different result. MCGhee is the best man for the job in the circumstances and has my full support and that of most of the supporters I know.

Well said
pc310083.JPG

sten said:
So who 's signing was he then:censored:

I think he was not one of Dick Knight's or Liam Brady's better ideas :D

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
BUTTERBALL said:

And in the words of Liam Brady, if my grandma had balls, she'd be my grandad.

Fact is, we lost. Again. If we ran the season on "if", McGhee would still play it out of position and take it off at half time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
London Irish said:

I suggested to the secretary of Esher Rugby Club that BHA should have joined forces with Brighton Rugby Club and built a grouind to accomodate both games and then developed the rugby team into one of the countries top teams as there was no competition down south. until London based clubs.

His answer the average gate for a top class county side is less than 1000 and for the top sides in the country less than we get at Withdean. He said the reason being that rugby is not a spectator sport in the same vein as soccer and that my idea wouldnt work.

He quoted London Irish, Wasps and Northampton and said that none of them get gates in excess of 7,000 regularly only on very odd occassions if playing another top team.

He wouldnt know though would he!!!

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
junior said:
I realy hope he walk's after today.

Another f***ing defeat,NO goals scored.

No other club would put up with this.

I realy hope he does the decent thing and resigns before monday.

Why don't you just f*** off ansd support another team, who the f*** is going to replace him? Come on answers on a postcard prat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports