Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** Off McGhee

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
beardy gull said:
You Sir, are a cock.

No he's not. He has a valid point of view, and posters like you don't help with your flippant replies. Why not explain why you think he is a cock rather than some twattish post which explains nothing and only has the effect of making you sit at your keyboard smirking to yourself thinking you have said something clever.

MM has made some horrible signings, but he is not to know that these players will turn out to be turkeys. He does not have the ability or perhaps the contacts to get someone else in now, for whatever combination of reasons (ground, money, relegation battle, stories in the press). He has brought in some good players, he inherited some good players, and the youth system has given him some extra options. He has simply not been able to maximise these options, or to get someone else in.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
junior said:
I cant believe people still keep saying its not Mcghee's fault.

Prehaps the money we wasted on Turienzo,McCammon,Malongo etc could have afforded us out goalscorer we needed to sign in the transfer window.

I am still not convinced that it was MM's decision to bring Turienzo here.
As Trigger keeps saying he stated that he wasn't good enough after the Lewes game and sent him home. Two days later we signed him.
Liam Brady to Dick Knight, this boy Turienzo is gong to be some player. Dick Knight to MM I dont care what you think go and sign him!!!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
dougdeep said:
It just shows what difference an experienced attacking player can make for a club. It sounds like Wise was the difference.

To think that he could have been our player, or am I being wise after the event?

Before you all jump in with, "We didn't have the money to pay his wages." let's have the facts. Our beloved manager's judgement was swayed by the injury to, lack of games he has played for us and similar age of Wise to his signing Jason Dodd. There was also the number of games that Wise has been able to complete ninety minutes of football over the past couple of seasons to be considered.

Unfortunately Denis's answer to McGhee's decision not to sign him was to score a brace against us. Micky's very happy tonight. Keep the faith!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
:yawn: :yawn:

McGee has hardly had any money so hence some duff signings slipping in along the way as he has to take chances on these sort of players!!

But how on earth can you critise when he has brought in

Currie
Frutos
Carole

ALL ON FREE'S

Made a couple of fantastic loan signings aswell as having to sell argueable his best players along the way.-

Virgo
Harding
Cullip
Knight
Currie

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
gvce26 said:
:yawn: :yawn:

McGee has hardly had any money so hence some duff signings slipping in along the way as he has to take chances on these sort of players!!

But how on earth can you critise when he has brought in

Currie
Frutos
Carole

ALL ON FREE'S

Made a couple of fantastic loan signings aswell as having to sell argueable his best players along the way.-

Virgo
Harding
Cullip
Knight
Currie

Molango
Jarrett (talented but hasn't progressed)
Nicolas (talented but never plays even when fit)
McCammon
Turienzo

His record in the transfer marker is checkered. If he has no money how did we buy Turienzo for £100k+, and bid a similar sum for Tom Brighton?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
True but you could say the same of Micky Adams at time and you certainly could say that of Mullery.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Why not get rid of DK too, I mean what is he doing?

Come on who would we get as manager & who would come in with money.

Might as well call in the receivers as well, while we are about it.
Better still let 's merge & move back to Gillingham & become Brighton & Gillingham Albion & we can go down the pan together.

I reckon the anti brigade must all be Devechhi in disguise! :lolol:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
BensGrandad said:
There is only one answer and it is all down to DK HE HAS GOT TO LOOSEN THE PURSE STRINGS A LITTLE to bring in some new faces.

Your oft repeated message hits the mark everytime, but I wish more people would endorse the obviousness of your mantra. I do notice however a singular lack of detractors to the theme.

We haven't scored for 270 minutes. People were on here were for the whole of January emploring the club to sign a striker. We in fact got excuse after excuse equated to near misses.
The last thing any supporter wants to say in a situation like this is "We told you so."

On McGhee, his target was fourth from bottom and, strange decisions aside, he hasn't gone misere like Hinshelwood did. In fact he may be correct when he says we're 2 players short. It's hardly a coded message for "give me a bit of cash from the Knight sale, Harding money etc etc etc." cos we could all have told him that.

On Falmer, we have to get the financial juggling right and I'm far from convinced about this.

Frighteningly, many people are saying on here tonight that they don't care what division we're in and that I'm afraid will always serve to undermine your commonsense philosophy re the financial strain that relegation will cost the club and also provide music to the ears of the board.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I know Ben's Grandad is a grandad but I think he's going senile. Where is this mythical purse that he keeps raving about ?

You can't loosen something you don't have (unless it's your pajama cord BG).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhaexpress said:
I know Ben's Grandad is a grandad but I think he's going senile. Where is this mythical purse that he keeps raving about ?

You can't loosen something you don't have (unless it's your pajama cord BG).

:lolol:

Easier said than done, when it is not your money and you don't have the finances down in front of you, covered in red ink.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody is asking DK to mortgage the club to the extent of Leeds Derby etc but IF there was sufficient money to offer Clyde a '6 figure sum' for a player that will be available in less than 6 months for about £10k, MMs words not mine, who would presumably have wanted the going wage fora CCC striker, why is there suddenly no money available now.

Everything is based on the assumption that we will get relegated build Falmer get 12 - 14,000 in every game and win promotion to the CCC but in the meantime 'paddle water' and just exist.

The way we are playing we cannot fill Withdean with less than 7,000 at the moment.

Senility is not one of my problems.

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
HampshireSeagulls said:
He had money for players, he just made a couple of bad choices. He has, however, made some good ones (following recommendations from people on here!).

Are you really stating that MM reads NSC to find out who we should be signing next?
Or am I misreading your post?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Only Paul Daniels could keep us up!! End of. Given the circumstances & the constraints under which we operate, I don't think that anyone apart from Adams & Coppell could have done a better job than our current manager. It's those same circumstances & constraints that drove them away...........

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
fosters headband said:
Are you really stating that MM reads NSC to find out who we should be signing next?
Or am I misreading your post?

The signing of one of our players was on the recommendation by email from Kinky....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness to MM he has said that he has been watching Lee Barnard and also had his scouts watch him as well. It appears that Plymouth are trying to get him now.

The annoying thing is that MM is saying we are 2 players from a decent team but he was saying that after our run of 7 draws and we haven't moved on at all since then in fact we have gone back. He said then that of those 7 draws witha goal scorer we would have won 3 or 4 of them and he was chasing after a striker but he is still chasing that striker.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I find it depressing that anybody believes Mark McGhee should be sacked. Today was not a bad performance but they took their chances and we didn't (no shock there). I find it strange that having kept us up last year (against the odds) and with us in with a chance this year people still want him sacked. Take a reality check. We almost certainly have one of the three lowest wage bills and three least expensive squads in the league. People who are calling for McGhee's head should get behind the team that they supposedly support as we have a massive game next weekend which we must win.

By the way, the Turienzo criticisms are getting boring. All managers make mistakes but I would say considering his budget that Mark McGhee has done pretty well. Remember that Coppell would have got rid of both Virgo and Butters if they had been out of contract. That would have been a mistake but does not make him a bad manager!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
i wish everyone would be a bit more POSITIVE. we have an EXTREMELY talented side and certain players (carole, frutos, reid) are players which are miracles for us to have because of the financial situation we are in. last year, when the football wasn't as attractive, we maybe grinded out results more, but the fact is, our strikers have been wasteful. in this league, if you do not take your chances, you will be punished. it happened today and it has cost us points all season. however, some of the performances that mcghee has engineered in the last 2 years has been the best football i have seen from a brighton team (admittedly, ive only been going for about 10 years, since i was 7, but some of it has been bloody brilliant). i truly don't believe there is anyone better than mcghee. the way some of you guys criticise him as if you know everything just makes me feel sick, to be honest.

it's funny how everyone forgets the positive aspects of our performances. today, we dominated the first half. i didn't go, but the way it sounded on the radio, we should have been 2- up. now i, for one, am convinced that if we had tom brighton or shipperly or whoever, that player would have put away those chances. i don't know what everyone's problem with robinson is, cos i was pleased to see him out there. jake clearly has an eye for goal. another thing that i found ridiculous was people slagging off mcghee for using hart and carole up front against sheff utd, when it clearly worked in our favour against leeds. why change a winning formula???

basically, the message i am trying to get across is, don't join the bandwagon, stick with mcghee. he cares about this club and will not go down without a fight. COME ON THE ALBION!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here