Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extended highlights on seagull player

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Having just watched them I have to say that the standard of play was superb.One touch passing was a joy to watch.At last CMS was getting balls to run on to behind the oppositions defence and he will score a bucket full if they continue to play this way.
Gus thought the team played well and on the evidence from the highlights this is so.It' going to be a good season...............

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Some very nice passing moves, good to see. Sad to see CMS starting to look very frustrated towards the end of the game. Fancy him to get one tomorrow night.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sad to see him unable to hit the target.

That too. Nice to see us playing some really nice slide rule passes through to him, if we continue to do that and he still doesn't score, then I don't see what excuses are left really.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. I actually think he will start putting them away if we are going to play that way. Crofts is a huge signing for me in terms on CMS getting the chances that he was banging in for Peterborough. He's hoping because, as you hint at, it could be over for him at this club if he can't start scoring and that would be a shame given heis cealrly a great lad.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Indeed. I actually think he will start putting them away if we are going to play that way. Crofts is a huge signing for me in terms on CMS getting the chances that he was banging in for Peterborough. He's hoping because, as you hint at, it could be over for him at this club if he can't start scoring and that would be a shame given heis cealrly a great lad.

I'm sure he will. The header that hit the bar was really unlucky. The most gratifying thing was he was getting in the right positions whereas towards the end of last season, he wasn't.

Some excellent build up play all round and it appeared to be much faster and more incisive than last year. If we play to that standard all season, we will do very well.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
That too. Nice to see us playing some really nice slide rule passes through to him, if we continue to do that and he still doesn't score, then I don't see what excuses are left really.

An observation from Saturday. Hull as the home team were naturally pushing quite high up to begin with and CMS absolutly terrorised them with his pace in behind and non-stop hassling in positions where if they lost it, they were in trouble. This in my view turned the game. Hull were worried about getting caught out and naturally dropped a bit deeper. This gave us a bit more time on the ball and allowed us to start dictating things and dominating the second half. In that respect, CMS played a very important role that could have helped us win the game. Everyone says a striker has to score goals, I disagree, the team have to score goals and if CMS is that influential to change the way an opposition play, that's a very valuable asset.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The tackle on Noone following the great chance set up by CMS was awesome.

Barnes snatched at his chances - especially that one from the dinked ball over the top by Dicker.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
An observation from Saturday. Hull as the home team were naturally pushing quite high up to begin with and CMS absolutly terrorised them with his pace in behind and non-stop hassling in positions where if they lost it, they were in trouble. This in my view turned the game. Hull were worried about getting caught out and naturally dropped a bit deeper. This gave us a bit more time on the ball and allowed us to start dictating things and dominating the second half. In that respect, CMS played a very important role that could have helped us win the game. Everyone says a striker has to score goals, I disagree, the team have to score goals and if CMS is that influential to change the way an opposition play, that's a very valuable asset.

Very astute observation, and to that end we won the tactical battle... and 9 times out of ten we would have won the game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Correct, this will be exaggerated when we get Buckers and Lualua on the pitch too. Press us high up the pitch if you dare!

Great to see balls being knocked down the channels for CMS to run onto, he'll eat those up all day. Brilliant, and not before time!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

An interesting and intelligent point, well made.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here