Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for this season?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I suspect this season will be tougher than our first "crest of a wave" season. The squad lacks "quality" in depth, and as such I suspect we'll be relying on one or two players to have great seasons. With this in mind I reckon we're due a reality checking 18th-14th finish.

Don't get me wrong: Salter, Vicente, Bridge all bring the potential to be awesome, but it's rather thin if you ask me, worryingly so.

Kosh

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hoping to at least match last season, but if we get off to a good start and maintain a steady run maybe top six.Need Barnes or CMS to pop in 20ish goals.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With the Championship being so tight anything in the top 12 will be good. Hopefully we can improve on last season be it position wise or points wise. But in this league we could improve from last season but if a few teams have unexpected stormers we could finish lower than last season.

Anyone who claims to expect a play off finish is being stupid as there are about 10 odd teams who are capable and 4 into 10 does not go. So you can't expect it.

Campaign for expanding the play offs to 10th and we will have a chance lol

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I literally cannot fathom how we could possibly finish as low as last year. Even if we had the same squad I reckon we'd finish higher due to experience but we have vastly improved! Some people clearly have no faith whatsoever in poyet.

I have plenty of faith in Gus and i said we would finish 6th if we got a striker and 10th if not.
It is a tougher league this season without doubt but we have some very good players, as long as we can keep the key ones fit.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Happy with a top 10 finish currently, this league is a lot harder than a lot of people seem to think! Definitely need a new striker and maybe one more given the injury proneness of the majority of our attacking players!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can't honestly decide,if we avoid a big injury list then the playoffs are possible,if as i suspect we have lots of sick notes then reckon about 12th:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Happy with a top 10 finish currently, this league is a lot harder than a lot of people seem to think! Definitely need a new striker and maybe one more given the injury proneness of the majority of our attacking players!
yep and looking at the depth of squads at other clubs we will do very well to get near the playoffs,seems most promotion hunting teams have 4 quality strikers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What are your expectations of bha this season? Im expecting us to finish 5th/6th and then hopefully get promotion through the play offs.

p.s sorry if this has been posted before

Take the average position by all posters with a 2011/2012 join date and halve it. That's prob about my expectations.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Take the average position by all posters with a 2011/2012 join date and halve it. That's prob about my expectations.

I think you mean double it, but that is because you are a negative nancy and can't move on from the past.
I was there at the goldstone too (albeit a child) but we have advanced soo much since 'Uncle Tony' picked up the reigns, and we are just getting started.

The league is tougher this season, but we are a much better team with better players.
Now Crofty's back; top 4 finish.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think you mean double it, but that is because you are a negative nancy and can't move on from the past.
I was there at the goldstone too (albeit a child) but we have advanced soo much since 'Uncle Tony' picked up the reigns, and we are just getting started.

The league is tougher this season, but we are a much better team with better players.
Now Crofty's back; top 4 finish.

Ah i see - Feb 2011 - I thought somne may take offence :lol:

I wasn't reffering to those who have really followed the Albion like yourself - more the 'newer' fans who have suddenly taken more interest in us shall we say...! Hence why i said 'average' - to allow for those like yourself. And no i meant halve it - ie 50% as 'confident'.

Not at all negative - I've backed us to win the lg - just worried about the reaction of these fans who expect us to piss promotion in the next few yrs if we don't go up!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This season is all about injuries for me. Take Saturday- Buckley, CMS, LuaLua and Hoskins are not fit. Add to that list that Vicente and Bridge will not play every game. IF we had a full fit squad then we will challenge.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Ah i see - Feb 2011 - I thought somne may take offence :lol:

I wasn't reffering to those who have really followed the Albion like yourself - more the 'newer' fans who have suddenly taken more interest in us shall we say...! Hence why i said 'average' - to allow for those like yourself. And no i meant halve it - ie 50% as 'confident'.

Not at all negative - I've backed us to win the lg - just worried about the reaction of these fans who expect us to piss promotion in the next few yrs if we don't go up!

No offence taken, but I don't like negativty. :thumbsup:

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends totally on our away form. Home form was good enough for play off's last season. Away form generally sucked.
So away from home last season we were weak particularly from far post crosses. Possibly the new full backs will stop the crosses coming in, but I see them both as attacking full backs so possibly not. However the keeper should help us improve this situation.
Next problem was a plan B when passing did not work. For that we require a different forward option. If we get that then play off's. If not then top 10.
That's my two pennies worth.

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
With the squad as of now unfortunately I don't see us finishing in the play offs. Higher than that is ludicrous. If we get the big goal scoring striker, keep CMS and most important of all Vicente stays fit we will go top six. The squad is much better than last year with the full backs and PIG but no one seems to be accounting for the fact that this league is going to be a lot harder this year than last year. The 6 teams that replaced the 6 that have gone are much stronger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here