Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for this season?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
struggle as in fight to stay up.......grieves me to say it, but sides will have sussed us from last season, we haven't got the squad of other clubs and we've already got injuries (Buckley out for two games).

In my view its far too pessimistic to say a team that finished 10th last year and has only improved in strength and depth will be locked in a relegation battle. Anything can happen though I suppose.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
With the squad we've got at the moment, I reckon a similar position to last season.

How on earth can you say that? Our problem positions last season were:

Dodgy Keepers
Full backs who were not the best at defending
Lack of energy in midfield
No target man

Since then we've signed:

Tomasz Kuszcak from Man Utd to improve the goalkeeping situation
Bruno and Bridge from Valencia and Man City to strengthen our defence at fullback
Andrew Crofts to provide energy in midfield

All we are missing is illusive striker, but I honestly can't believe you think with those signings that we are destined to finish in the same position as last season? :facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Erm refer to the thread started last week on same subject .. Nothing's happened since ..well the Olympics have finished etc but football wise nothing's changed

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
More importantly what are Tony Blooms expectations?...I think anything less than a play off spot will be seen as a failure to be honest.He is not ploughing all this money in to sit around in the championship.The only way he will ever see some investment coming back is to get to the prem.Sooner rather than later I guess he is hoping.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
More importantly what are Tony Blooms expectations?...I think anything less than a play off spot will be seen as a failure to be honest.He is not ploughing all this money in to sit around in the championship.The only way he will ever see some investment coming back is to get to the prem.Sooner rather than later I guess he is hoping.

His broad expectation, from interviews and comments that I have read, is to get into the Premiership within five years of reaching the Amex. Still a bit of breathing space to go yet.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5098884 said:
How on earth can you say that? Our problem positions last season were:

Dodgy Keepers
Full backs who were not the best at defending
Lack of energy in midfield
No target man

Since then we've signed:

Tomasz Kuszcak from Man Utd to improve the goalkeeping situation
Bruno and Bridge from Valencia and Man City to strengthen our defence at fullback
Andrew Crofts to provide energy in midfield

All we are missing is illusive striker, but I honestly can't believe you think with those signings that we are destined to finish in the same position as last season? :facepalm:

We may have strengthened but so have a lot of teams. One of our main problems last season was scoring goals away from home and I can see that being an issue again unless we sign a very good striker. I hope I am wrong though!

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Based on the showing against Chelsea, and the improvements made to the squad, sixth. I've said in another thread somewhere that it will be the final home game at the Amex where a play-off place is secured.

In my view its far too pessimistic to say a team that finished 10th last year and has only improved in strength and depth will be locked in a relegation battle. Anything can happen though I suppose.

Happened at Blackburn. It's improbable, but not impossible.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
With the Championship being so tight anything in the top 12 will be good. Hopefully we can improve on last season be it position wise or points wise. But in this league we could improve from last season but if a few teams have unexpected stormers we could finish lower than last season.

Anyone who claims to expect a play off finish is being stupid as there are about 10 odd teams who are capable and 4 into 10 does not go. So you can't expect it.
yes I can. We have poyet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here