Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone now against Sherwood - Why?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
I`m not against Sherwood, would love to see him get the job.
I`m just not sure he would be happy with our budget or working with David Burke.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I think that Sherwood would be an interesting and brave appointment. Yes he is outspoken and at times inarticulate, but he likes attacking, entertaining football; is passionate about the game and in developing young players and bringing them on to the first team as soon as possible. I think that it is for this reason that TB may well appoint him. With the training ground development, home grown talent is the future of this club. Sherwood may well see The Albion set up as the sort of project that can satisfy his dual ambitions of management and youth development. If Sherwood is in the frame he will be well aware of the club budget and commitment to FFP. This, along with his previous relationship at Spurs with Paul Barber, may well see him as our next manager. It would be an interesting appointment and certainly never a dull post match interview.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think that Sherwood would be an interesting and brave appointment. Yes he is outspoken and at times inarticulate, but he likes attacking, entertaining football; is passionate about the game and in developing young players and bringing them on to the first team as soon as possible. I think that it is for this reason that TB may well appoint him. With the training ground development, home grown talent is the future of this club. Sherwood may well see The Albion set up as the sort of project that can satisfy his dual ambitions of management and youth development. If Sherwood is in the frame he will be well aware of the club budget and commitment to FFP. This, along with his previous relationship at Spurs with Paul Barber, may well see him as our next manager. It would be an interesting appointment and certainly never a dull post match interview.

Excellent post and perfectly sums up my feelings about Sherwood. Just think possibly he might have been appointed by now if he was our first choice!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would have no problem with Sherwood, but would maybe prefer someone with more managerial experience.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Forgot Di Matteo - I'd have him in my shortlist as well, possibly Clarke too.

What is it with Di Matteo? Has he said he won't coach outside of the top four of the Premier League? If so I missed it. But there seems to be the assumption that this is the case, purely on the basis that he got lucky with Chelsea and won the Champions League. He was 90 minutes away from doing exactly the same job as Avram Grant. Nothing special at all.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us even if he did want the job. Surely he can only live off the Champions League for so long before having to take a management job?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What is it with Di Matteo? Has he said he won't coach outside of the top four of the Premier League? If so I missed it. But there seems to be the assumption that this is the case, purely on the basis that he got lucky with Chelsea and won the Champions League. He was 90 minutes away from doing exactly the same job as Avram Grant. Nothing special at all.

Wouldn't want him anywhere near us even if he did want the job. Surely he can only live off the Champions League for so long before having to take a management job?

I thought he'd got West Brom promoted from this league in 2010 ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is no way that Di Matteo can possibly be considered when his wages were £130K per week at Chelsea.

I wonder where he'll end up. Big wages and has been out of management for a year - somewhere like Turkey or Russia perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here