Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone now against Sherwood - Why?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Suprised you mentioned Houghton and crowd pleasing football in the same sentence.

His sides have played some good football over the years. His problem always seems to be in choosing the right players to buy but that's obviously not an issue with us :lolol:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It's quite interesting this time round - there is no great consensus on NSC as to who we should go for. Every name seemingly in the frame have some very vocal detractors and supporters. As a genuine question I wonder if there is any realistic option that would appease the vast majority? I think a strong case could be made for Hughton, Sherwood, Clement, Mackay and Clarke etc but it's very easy to see the drawbacks of all of these.

Bottom line is everyone is a gamble who will have to have his fair share of luck if they are going to get us into the play offs again.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
To those who think we need someone with more experience:

Why should we not be the club to give him that experience?

I'm not pro or anti Sherwood, but i'm struggling to think of anyone all that great on the market currently.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Not saying everyone is now against Sherwood, I was asking everyone who is now against Sherwood as to why, it's not difficult :dunce:

I for one am yet to see anyone in here who is preferable.

Oh sorry, didn't actually bother reading the thread but that makes more sense.

Sherwood is all ego, not unlike a certain South American maniac the club fell out with.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anazing how many people seem to know Sherwood's character and contradict the opinion of those close to him .

For me his Goals on Sunday interview was his chance to out knives in and be me arrogant . . He actually was pretty humble in way Gus could never be .

ChicagoGull

May 17, 2014
Anazing how many people seem to know Sherwood's character and contradict the opinion of those close to him .

For me his Goals on Sunday interview was his chance to out knives in and be me arrogant . . He actually was pretty humble in way Gus could never be .

I agree, that interview changed my opinion on him for the better no doubt.

Stumpy Tim

Clement would be my favourite if available, but I would be happy with Sherwood. For those that want a manager who have taken teams up before, I assume you're hoping Mowbray, Coyle or Adkins get the job?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clement would be my favourite if available, but I would be happy with Sherwood. For those that want a manager who have taken teams up before, I assume you're hoping Mowbray, Coyle or Adkins get the job?

Adkins, McDermott, Hughton.

Add in Howe, and Rangnick.

And that would be my 'shortlist'.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Seems pretty easy to me, whoever comes in, get a few points from the first games and the fans will be happy. I don't really like Sherwood, but I will back whatever decision TB and the board make. I think I'd rather have someone with some experience, more than Sherwood, but who knows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here