Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Imagine starting James Milner and Adam Lallana together in 2023 when you have Fati, Pedro, Lamptey and Igor on the bench, what a joke.
Agree but I also think it’s mystifying that Ferguson starts every week and Baleba doesn’t. RDZ is getting out coached every week at the moment. Poor team selections and whichever team he picks looks a bit clueless going forward and leaky at the back.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
And there is the problem………sideways sideways back back it’s like a dance not football.
This is the problem. De Zerbi is all about trying to control the ball and control the game. What this game needs is some chaos. Whip a few balls early into the box and make 'em panic.

Is it pretty? No. But when what you're doing isn't working, you need to mix it up a bit.

IMHO.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
And there is the problem………sideways sideways back back it’s like a dance not football.
Just as it was under Hughton, and then Potter; 60-70% possession, but mainly in our own half :shrug:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
… club thought that Caicedo was staying, they didn’t think anyone would go to the £100m+ hence lack of real cover until arguably too late. If that’s true then explains things a bit but shows a bit of naivety IMO.
That and missing out on signing Barco after vesting a lot of time and interest so failed to get cover for Pervis - we tried but lost out on CB Mykola Matviyenko ( although we could go back for him in January or Summer). It was not a great transfer window for us - despite record transfer fees.

Edit - Cant believe I’m saying it but I’ve lost interest in this game 🙁

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Come on, I really hate the idea of losing to both the Australian cricket team and Sean Dyche (the sporting axis of evil) in one afternoon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here