Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
That has Potter written all over it!
Without the missed shots, we’ve created zilch apart from the offside goal. Dreadful and not as good as Potterball. Has Veltman even made a forward pass in their half? Get Fati and Baleba on

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Lallana played alongside Ali and Moises when he was fit in our best midfield 3 last season, add Gross and that was pretty much the central midfield options. The biggest issue is that we never have the same 3 play two games in a row. The same as the defence. How on Earth are we supposed to get consistency when it’s wholesale change constantly.
This is my biggest issue with the rotation and my only real gripe about RDZ so far during his tenure. Tone it down a little, give them a base of consistency to work from to become familiar in competitive settings and the rest will come naturally.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Everton are at home and playing like the away side. Nothing going our way AGAIN - their goal deflection off Veltman took it to the scorer, Steele saves, goes straight back to him rather than to 1 of 3 defenders we had round him, he hits it straight at Steele again who is saving it again if it doesn’t take TWO deflections to go past him. Sake.
They can then stick 9 men behind the ball.
That VAR could go either way.

Welbeck
March
Ensico
Pervis

Any team misses those let alone us (I might be pushing it with Welbeck!)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Two (borderline) world class centre midfielders. One of whom MacA quietly did everything well. Whilst Estupinan was rated on a TS show this week as the PL’s best LB. With the up and coming quality of Colwill.

The bitching in Aug/Sept that MacA wasn’t all that, has quietly disappeared.

That team/squad has been markedly downgraded.
Mac did two things exceptional well that we are hugely missing. Recycling the ball and making huge amounts of blocks and tackles. At both of those things he is World class- getting the ball in tight spaces, beating the first man, making the right pass. Getting his foot or body in.
Obviously it's been done to death but to lose him and the best young DM in the world in one window has really ripped the core out of our team. We might never have that kind of quality in the middle of the park again. The only option would have been to spend all our money on Frattesi and Locatelli but we focussed more on Colwill all summer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Everton are at home and playing like the away side. Nothing going our way AGAIN - their goal deflection off Veltman took it to the scorer, Steele saves, goes straight back to him rather than to 1 of 3 defenders we had round him, he hits it straight at Steele again who is saving it again if it doesn’t take TWO deflections to go past him. Sake.
They can then stick 9 men behind the ball.
That VAR could go either way.

Welbeck
March
Ensico
Pervis

Any team misses those let alone us (I might be pushing it with Welbeck!)
???

I know he gets a bit of stick on here, but there was absolutely NOTHING he could've done about that goal...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Only listening the radio commentary,but as frustrating as it may be, it is pointless calling the ref a ‘homer’,the whole system is corrupt etc. We do not appear to be playing well, with yet another changed starting line up, we never seem settled. So many changes every game, is it really necessary?
Come on RDZ, earn your substantial salary and show us that you are as good as some think you are!😉👍

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s so incredibly hard with Everton camped in their half. Their back 4 has hardly moved off the edge of their of their penalty area.

I don’t know how we break them down?

With all the PL teams that do that (15?), the key for us is not to concede an opener.

How many teams go relentlessly end to end when a goal up, in an open version of the beautiful game? Liverpool, ManC, Albion, Arsenal?

I prefer the Albion with a bit more of a defensive structure, discipline and bodies. To prevent eg being suckers to the counter.

But then RDZ’s high risk football took us to Europe!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Weaker team this season and the rotation doesn't work just means even more weaknesses in the team at a given time.de zerbi needs to adapt tactics. Okw way of playing.

Really disappointing but not altogether surprising

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
Poor from us.

2nd to react to their goal
Gilmour - passing sloppy today more than once
Adingra - doesn’t want to take anyone on
Veltman - offensively backwards as usual (by-product of Adingra observation maybe)

Hope we don’t lose our heads early in the second half but need a couple of changes
Adingra and Veltman need to pass the ball forwards - almost everything that goes down the right comes back to the half way line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here