[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Officials gripped my shit first half, from Dunk likely being onside, Pickford picking up a back pass, ref making Milner take a throw from right in the corner, then allowing Young to take the next one ten yards down the pitch seconds later, and a few other iffy decisions. Didn't notice so many shit decisions second half. Only deserved a point though for some poor passing and generally not creating enough chances.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Officials gripped my shit first half, from Dunk likely being onside, Pickford picking up a back pass, ref making Milner take a throw from right in the corner, then allowing Young to take the next one ten yards down the pitch seconds later, and a few other iffy decisions. Didn't notice so many shit decisions second half. Only deserved a point though for some poor passing and generally not creating enough chances.
Wasn’t a back pass. Clearly a tackle so Pickford is able to pick it up.

Ref was shocking though, for both teams. An Everton player made 2 bookable offences during one first half advantage break which can result in 2 yellows. He didn’t let Everton play an advantage when 1 on 1 on us and missed a lot of clear fouls. I’d like to see their penalty claim and potential on our player for their goal again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Officials gripped my shit first half, from Dunk likely being onside, Pickford picking up a back pass, ref making Milner take a throw from right in the corner, then allowing Young to take the next one ten yards down the pitch seconds later, and a few other iffy decisions. Didn't notice so many shit decisions second half. Only deserved a point though for some poor passing and generally not creating enough chances
Yep - appalling homer particularly first half. No backbones again. So so so poor. You missed the pull on Dunks collar then booking Gilmour for the protest. Booking Dunk then failing to book almost identical fouls in the same position from them. But we’re wrong as Dyche has spoken 🤦🏻‍♂️

Everton boss Sean Dyche speaking to Match of the Day: "I'm delighted. Three games in six days, the work ethic is good, we are tactically very good and improving all the time. It is a blow to concede; we kept them quiet.

"Brighton are a good side; they use the ball well and don't lose faith in it. We should have done better on the counter at times; in saying that we had two refereeing decisions on the edge of their box; I don't know what is going on anymore to be honest. They should go for us; on another day, I'd hope we get them.

SlickHenry

Apr 10, 2020
In the end was glad to get the point as Everton are hard to break down and remember the 1-5 defeat. No idea how VAR ruled out Dunk's goal - the angle was terrible and you couldn't see where the lines were drawn. If it was offside it was centimetres. Brighton, despite having so much of the ball, created very little of note so can't be too bothered by just a point.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The main thing that strikes me is that we have slowed up noticeably in our transition from back to front. I know it's hard against a team like Everton - but we didn't speed it up we could have done. There was one moment when they were actually attacking with more than two players, one fell over - an absolute prime opportunity to move it forward when they were short in numbers. But we waited for him to get up and back before we tried anything.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Wasn’t a back pass. Clearly a tackle so Pickford is able to pick it up.

Ref was shocking though, for both teams. An Everton player made 2 bookable offences during one first half advantage break which can result in 2 yellows. He didn’t let Everton play an advantage when 1 on 1 on us and missed a lot of clear fouls. I’d like to see their penalty claim and potential on our player for their goal again.
So clear that I and others thought it was a back pass, and 2 of our players looked to be appealing for it. I will bow to your certainty though as I only saw it the once and don't want to call you a **** for being so dismissive of my opinion on a fleeting view, though I am thinking it.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Everton boss Sean Dyche speaking to Match of the Day: "I'm delighted. Three games in six days, the work ethic is good, we are tactically very good and improving all the time. It is a blow to concede; we kept them quiet.

"Brighton are a good side; they use the ball well and don't lose faith in it. We should have done better on the counter at times; in saying that we had two refereeing decisions on the edge of their box; I don't know what is going on anymore to be honest. They should go for us; on another day, I'd hope we get them.
Does Dyche always talk such utter toss, or does he just save it up for when his teams play the Albion?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This place is unbelievable at times. I will not slag off our players. They are young and will make errors in judgement. To say goodnight is not good enough just by a ten minute cameo here and there, just shows the level of intelligence by some of our so called JCLs supporters. A few results have gone against us, as in, two shit teams have shut up shop so we've only managed a draw. We are putting out kids who are 18 and 19 years of age for christs sake.....think how good they will be at 21?
I am enjoying this brand of football. yes, we could HAVE made a different choice with a pass....but I'd rather watch us v everton than exeter, or v fulham rather than shrewsbury.
Be thankful for where we are. If you don't like it, go back to supporting the 'big' clubs
edit
We are sixth in the premier league at time of writing :shrug:
Thank you for posting this. The state of this thread. Glad I don't normally follow match-day threads. We've got a load of entitled fans.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Forget football as a sport it's a multi billion pound business. No other industry would tolerate such poor workmanship as we see time and again from referees who often have the help of potentially great technology. Why isn't he looking at a monitor to check if he had made a clear and obvious mistake. I would if it were me.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Pressure is on, I feel we need the full six points to finish off November. Those Forrest lads are the only other team not to have won a game in their last five Premier League matches. Come on the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports