Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

sorry if already posted elsewhere

Ronald has a huge South American following, including some English Albion fans based in Argentina.

He was at the World Cup.

Love his stuff. Can't understand a word mind.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You're right. The goals were beginning to come before Potter left.

Regarding corners, I don't have any stats on them, other than the number of corners we get on the BBC match stats. That said, my perception is that we don't tend to score from corners or set pieces. But then, both the occurrence and frequency of them, are outside our control. Perhaps there is more return from working on scoring goals from open play, which we can control.
This lack of goals from corners has also coincide with us looking less strong defending corners. Might just be my impression, but I bet the stats back it up.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Thanks for that clip. I feel sorry for Frank now; some harsh questions. Also, Shearer made some very good points about Everton and the state they're in and who is to blame etc.
I also feel a bit sorry for Frank. He's lost in the swamp that is Everton, and I felt the interviewer was pretty shite in twisting the knife into him.
I don't get the animosity towards Frank - seems a decent human being, doesn't trash anyone. He may be out of his depth at Everton (who wouldn't be in that shitshow?) but that's no reason to trash him IMO, unless I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I also feel a bit sorry for Frank. He's lost in the swamp that is Everton, and I felt the interviewer was pretty shite in twisting the knife into him.
I don't get the animosity towards Frank - seems a decent human being, doesn't trash anyone. He may be out of his depth at Everton (who wouldn't be in that shitshow?) but that's no reason to trash him IMO, unless I'm missing something 🤷‍♂️.
He is a Tory.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I feel the interviewer‘s questions were legitimate, but they could have been worded very differently.

As for his dislike, vocally supporting the Tory party, being a vocal leaver then whining about the negative impact will not endear you to a lot of people. I don’t have an issue with him talking politics, but you need to be prepared for people to form an opinion of you if you do…..especially on Merseyside

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I feel the interviewer‘s questions were legitimate, but they could have been worded very differently.

As for his dislike, vocally supporting the Tory party, being a vocal leaver then whining about the negative impact will not endear you to a lot of people. I don’t have an issue with him talking politics, but you need to be prepared for people to form an opinion of you if you do.
I missed all his Tory/Brexit supporting comments - now I get the reaction 👍

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I missed all his Tory/Brexit supporting comments - now I get the reaction 👍
I guess being a former Chelsea player doesnt help. I have long felt they are the worst of the big 6 by a long long way.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
This lack of goals from corners has also coincide with us looking less strong defending corners. Might just be my impression, but I bet the stats back it up.
That hadn't occurred to me, but if, (if) we are devoting less time to working on attacking corners, as opposed to open play, then it would make sense that we are devoting less time to working on defending them as well. Again, I have no stats to support any theory on this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well that is last season yes...
That hadn't occurred to me, but if, (if) we are devoting less time to working on attacking corners, as opposed to open play, then it would make sense that we are devoting less time to working on defending them as well. Again, I have no stats to support any theory on this.
1 goal from set pieces this season, worst in the league (though just one goal behind four other teams), but only 4 conceded which isn't too bad an slightly better than average.

53 shots/headers (which is also quite low) from set pieces / 1 goal... some improvement to be done in that area. Not too surprised though, not a lot of aerial ability in this Brighton team and even less so when Webster isn't there to head the ball somewhere well outside the goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here