Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Excuse my obvious ignorance, but how the heck aren't Chelsea mentioned in the same breath as City when FFP charges are mentioned?
Their madness only really started last season…….and their amortisation approach probably means they are ok for that, but explains why they don’t seem to be in the market for anyone now, and are prepared to sell their captain for the right offer

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Excuse my obvious ignorance, but how the heck aren't Chelsea mentioned in the same breath as City when FFP charges are mentioned?
I think it’s because the transfer fee is spread over the length of the contract. And most signings are over 8 years so divide their crazy spending by 8 and it’s not that bad. It does mean they will get to a point of needing to sell before they buy at some point.

I think dividing the transfer fee over the contract has now been limited to 5 years, but for UEFA only and the Premier League?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Evan is arguably our biggest asset and it would be sad to see him go but I think it would have little impact on our progress particularly if we can invest in another striker.

He could definitely become a 150 million player but I'd say there ia a good chance his value might plummet.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

It's sad he's going though a tough patch with us, comes across as such a nice lad and very down to earth.

I feel like he just needs to spoon a goal in off his knee and something will click again for him. It's a big ask when he's probably lacking confidence but I would love for him to grab a goal of two of Thursday. It would be massive for us obviously but also do his confidence the world of good.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's sad he's going though a tough patch with us, comes across as such a nice lad and very down to earth.

I feel like he just needs to spoon a goal in off his knee and something will click again for him. It's a big ask when he's probably lacking confidence but I would love for him to grab a goal of two of Thursday. It would be massive for us obviously but also do his confidence the world of good.
I don’t want to be a pessimist, but an away European tie against Italian opposition isn’t the ideal sounding game if you’re wanting to get your goal-scoring mojo back.

Please let him make me eat this post 🙏

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t want to be a pessimist, but an away European tie against Italian opposition isn’t the ideal sounding game if you’re wanting to get your goal-scoring mojo back.

Please let him make me eat this post 🙏
The Italian league is slower and less intense than the PL. Loftus Cheek scores regularly over there. Could actually be an ideal game for him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

It happens to strikers. He will come through it and be better for it.
He is without doubt a top quality player going through a bad patch, not a mediocre player who previously had a great run.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I reckon when Harry Kane was 19 he was sat on Leicesters bench alongside Jamie Vardy IIRC in the Championship :D
And were exactly the same height. I see you absolutely get it, too :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I feel like he just needs to spoon a goal in off his knee and something will click again for him.
At Sheffield United he tried to get the final touch on Adingra's second goal, but his form is so bad he managed to miss that too;

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 20.47.22.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here