Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eurovision 2012

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Don't we usually have a sweepstake thingy on here?

Some shockers made it through the first semi final tonight and some good ones fell by the wayside.

Second semi on Thursday then the big event on Saturday.

I bet you're all captivated by it........ :D

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Denmark is my favourite song, with a nice young woman singing it. Should do well!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
frustrates me so much, why o why do we enter it, not a cats f***ing hells chance of winning even if westlife, take that, boyzone got together and did a song, its fixed before its even begun, its so bolloxs its un true. Bring em home I say and let others rot.

"and now we have the vote from Greece and the 10 points go to Cyprus""
"and now we have the vote from Portugal and the 10 points go to Spain""
"and now we have the vote from Sweden and the 10 points go to Norway""

Fcuk off.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's become a sort of pantomime where it's obvious who is gonna I've points to who and I just find it so funny people watch it thinking we have a chance and get angered when we don't get any points for anyone, the whole competition is fixed, and corrupt.....bit like sepp blatter

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I'll watch it just to see how ridiculous Jedward have become - it's like car crash television..........

Yes it's a parody of a competition (so was It's a Knockout and Jeux sans Frontiers in the '70's), but funny as hell nevertheless.

Just don't take it too seriously everyone.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The best song has won it every time since they changed the rules. People who don't know that clearly aren't interested in Eurovision. I enjoy it and it's a competition that doesn't take itself too seriously.

frustrates me so much, why o why do we enter it, not a cats f***ing hells chance of winning even if westlife, take that, boyzone got together and did a song, its fixed before its even begun, its so bolloxs its un true. Bring em home I say and let others rot.

Fcuk off.

This.

But when Wogan hosted it at least he took the piss out of the voting and made it semi watchable.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Englebert Humperdink is the UK's answer to David Hasselhof, musically speaking, with a fair slice of Manilow thrown in for good measure - or at least that's my take on him.

Actually he's far more credible than Hasslehof, more like a UK Bing Crosby really.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

Fcuk off.

and now we have the vote from The UK and the 10 points go to Ireland
and now we have the vote from Ireland and the 3 points go to The UK

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Greece is my fave so far...
greece+2012.png

Worth watching for just the girls...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Still, at least it's in Europe.......

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Unwatchable with that IDIOT Norton doing it, I used to love it when Wogan hosted it but this guy is UTTER SHIT.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It can't be taken seriously from a musical standpoint (or any other standpoint, to be honest) but it's a good, harmless laugh if watched in the right spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here