Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I disagree, do you really think they would kick out pensioners who are contributing to their economies , not taking up jobs that locals could do or social housing that locals could use ?

No. Like I said, I can't see EU citizens being kicked out of their homes - it's really, really unlikely. But, if that did happen and thousands of Spanish citizens came flooding back to Spain (and judging by the number of Spaniards in Brighton's Aldi, there are lot of them here), I can't see the Spanish government overjoyed by the cost of additional unemployment benefit to pay out.

So, yes, in the very unlikely event of mass repatriation of EU citizens, I would expect some sort of action from European governments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's been some interesting debate today. This has actually been a pleasure to read.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I would be interested to see a list of the 'good' things about being in the EU, which would not be possible for the UK to achieve if they were out of it.

Can't think of many myself.

Jan 30, 2008
Watching Question Time last night, two of the panellists made the point that Norway is OUT of the EU so does not sit at the decision-making table yet STILL has to pay 75% of the membership fee and STILL has to jump through hoops to sell their goods.

This could be the fate of the UK if we vote to leave.

One of the audience who said he'd vote to leave said that the German car manufacturers who get their components still made in the UK would continue to buy stuff from us regardless. I don't see why this would be the case, indeed I could see more manufacturing lost to Eastern Europe if we leave.
typical bedwetter
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
britain is nothing like norway,..britain has a much larger economy for a start,.since when was it said that britain has to stick to the same set of rules that apply only to norway, once britain gains freedom it is then that it is able to make decisions for itself.. .

the myth politics determine trade deals.. certainly that be the case all the time britain is trapped inside the EU ... a mate of mine runs his own electrical business, currently the EU restricts him from making any deals for himself meaning that he cant expand his company, once out he then has the opportunity of making a deal that suits both him and his customer which current EU legislation's such as red tape and the like prevent him from doing, . whilst big corporate businesses can easily withstand this sort of treatment it doesn't exactly give bundles of encouragement to the smaller businesses who want very much to progress and make a go of things...

Good to see you posting mate , been a while :wave:
regards
DR

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ah, the polls closed now, but I would have (and will) vote IN. There's plenty I don't like about the EU, but I couldn't with a conscience vote against the environmental regulations produced by the EU that are much stronger and more extensive than anything our own governments come up with. The water framework directive, birds directive, common fisheries policy and crucially, the habitat directive, would not be replaced with anything so rigorous in our own parliament. Major policies on climate change, acid rain, renewable energy, water pollution, sustainable development and so on have been developed by the EU and they are the best in the world at protecting our natural environment. So for that reason, I'm IN

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
On an Albion win night I love all persuasions. Great result. The love wont last though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Ah, the polls closed now, but I would have (and will) vote IN. There's plenty I don't like about the EU, but I couldn't with a conscience vote against the environmental regulations produced by the EU that are much stronger and more extensive than anything our own governments come up with. The water framework directive, birds directive, common fisheries policy and crucially, the habitat directive, would not be replaced with anything so rigorous in our own parliament. Major policies on climate change, acid rain, renewable energy, water pollution, sustainable development and so on have been developed by the EU and they are the best in the world at protecting our natural environment. So for that reason, I'm IN
climate change:lolol: another brain dead idiot who believes in everything that he is being told.
if people can still afford to put their trust in to a communist dictatorship and knowing what it aims to acheive then this country deserves all that is chucked at it and more. some folk seriously need to give their heads a wobble:facepalm:

D

Deleted member 22389

climate change:lolol: another brain dead idiot who believes in everything that he is being told.
if people can still afford to put their trust in to a communist dictatorship and knowing what it aims to acheive then this country deserves all that is chucked at it and more. some folk seriously need to give their heads a wobble:facepalm:

I think the whole issue about Climate change has been confused now. Seems like a way to just get more money out of governments and people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
What are the ones you can think of?

To be honest I can't think of ANY, but I was trying to make my comment sound more reasonable.

Why the hell are Norway paying in to the EU if they're not a member?

Ridiculous.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Some people like yourself are just too greedy with the brains! You should share some out.

Jan 30, 2008
is that going to save our identity in the long run ,sustainable development you couldnt make it up
regards
DR

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Thats just the most ridiculous reply to a serious post. Science matters, and importantly, the process of science matters, and if you want to ignore it thats up to you but your ignorance won't change reality.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Is this a joke account?

If it isn't, can I ask why you feel the British identity should not be aligned with sustainable development?

Don't waste your time mate. The man is a moron. :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No. Like I said, I can't see EU citizens being kicked out of their homes - it's really, really unlikely. But, if that did happen and thousands of Spanish citizens came flooding back to Spain (and judging by the number of Spaniards in Brighton's Aldi, there are lot of them here), I can't see the Spanish government overjoyed by the cost of additional unemployment benefit to pay out.

So, yes, in the very unlikely event of mass repatriation of EU citizens, I would expect some sort of action from European governments.
You're missing the point , I could see WORKERS being kicked out , but not retirees, they cost nothing and ultimately spend money in whatever economy they reside in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here