Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 32 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A brexit would Sturgeon the best excuse to go the polls again and I'd think she'd win. Think it really is a pivotal moment in our history, most in the OUT camp either haven't thought it through.

But, Brexit or no Brexit, Sturgeon does not have the right or the powers to unilaterally hold a referendum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But, Brexit or no Brexit, Sturgeon does not have the right or the powers to unilaterally hold a referendum.

This wouldn't stop them having a vote. And if they won, which I think they will, it will be one almighty mess. I think they'd get their way.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes we can use those BILLIONS to pay export tariffs and lawyers fees. Not to mention the BILLIONS of lost inward investment.

You score on the project fear panicometer.

Care to show your workings?

A brexit would Sturgeon the best excuse to go the polls again and I'd think she'd win. Think it really is a pivotal moment in our history, most in the OUT camp either haven't thought it through.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This wouldn't stop them having a vote.
The legality and legitimacy of any such vote would be, at best, questionable.
And if they won, which I think they will .
Once out of the EU, and with no way back I unless they could offer up the English as well, might make them reconsider the value of the subsidies and other advantages they currently get.
it will be one almighty mess.
Well, yes, quite possibly. Disentangling ourselves from the mess we're in was never going to be easy.
I think they'd get their way.
......and maybe not..........

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This could be something, or most likely absolutely nothing. Its 2016, and data collection can be, and generally is, incredibly simple. Even assuming the most analogue of data capture systems I'm struggling to under stand where the burden is. And, if it is a resource hit, it will most likely just be a one off hit (we now live in the computer age). Go on, why don't you just admit you found this on the Internet and don't really know what you're talking about*? And is this really the best you can find?

* I still chuckle at your pharmacoeconomics discussion; a topic you clearly were learning as you went along via Google.

You wanted detail of EU red tape and I provided an example, and in your normal way you have chosen to obfuscate the point. It's really not difficult to understand even if you think EU legislation is always a unequivocally good thing.

Your a funny onion though aren't you......clinically speaking.

It's little wonder you find yourself in Germany.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It will be much easier to pin down multinational tax inside the EU then outside it. See http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/dc1e3cd4-c...1cd71622e.html

i agree there isnt an easy resolution, it not easier to address while in the EU when the EU is the very cause of the issue. Amazon can only take advantage of lower VAT in Luxembourg when selling to the UK because the EU says.. no, insists they can. pre-EU, Amazon would have required an office in UK and sales account for here. the arrangments for tax, and many regulations are enormously benficial to large companies. i dont know why anyone pro-EU denies this, its supposed to help business after all, just ignores the impostion on small and medium business.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You wanted detail of EU red tape and I provided an example, and in your normal way you have chosen to obfuscate the point.

a few examples given, but avoids the questions asked in return. or is it evaded? anyone can spout vague stuff about how great the EU is :moo:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
EU referendum: Leaders 'not happy' with UK reform proposals

None of David Cameron's fellow EU leaders are happy with his reform proposals as they stand, an EU source has told the BBC.

The PM has been meeting key European Union figures over the deal aimed at keeping Britain in the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35489335

Could be a sign that Cameron's meagre demands are likely to be further diluted (is that possible!) or just a carefully stage managed process where Cameron is eventually presented as having won a tough fight against numerous 'unhappy' EU leaders.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why ?? It wasn't a hard border when it was just us who were in the EU.

True, but I think the environment and thinking is very very different to then. In my mind exiting the EU but still having an soft, almost open border, would be a bit odd...especially as one of the key planks of the out campaign was control of the UK's borders. If they win then surely the'd want the borders ramped up?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Can the UK survive outside the EU? yes.. Would we be diminished as a nation for doing so? quite probably. Would the EU survive without us? I'm not sure. Should we go our own way and hang the consequences? almost certainly.

It would be the first act of democracy...i mean real democracy for 50 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here