Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Is qualifying for this a Godsend or a poison chalice ?
Looking at the clubs who have recently been in Europe, I wonder if it's worth the effort.
I give you West Ham, Leicester and Burnley.........look where they are now.....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It will be brutal, Europa league has much further trips as well. Thursday - Sunday - Thursdays doesn’t leave much time for training but would be great to experience it

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
It's absolutely essential that we qualify if we are going continue or trajectory towards being one of the best clubs in the world.

We need it for the money, for the history and perhaps most importantly, to build our reputation as a club who can and will compete on the European stage.

Am I concerned that it would affect our league form? Not in the slightest... We're such a well run club with a top manager and ever improving team that it really shouldn't be an issue for us.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Let's worry about the demands of European football after we've enjoyed the enormous success of winning the right to have them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was thinking similar, when i realised West Ham are in something called Europa Conference league this week (no me neither). i bet they'd rather have a training session than off to Cyprus on Thursday. its fine if you have two full first teams and need games for everyone but otherwise a big distraction from what really matters. all a bit League Cup vs FA Cup.

that said of course i want to get there, and hope we do have the players to make it worthwhile.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is qualifying for this a Godsend or a poison chalice ?
Looking at the clubs who have recently been in Europe, I wonder if it's worth the effort.
I give you West Ham, Leicester and Burnley.........look where they are now.....
I suppose the Europa may be the most competitive comp for us, top 4 if it were poss and CL....... we wont last too long.

Europa league would be interesting to see how we'd fair, but I'd quite fancy us in this Conference league if we finish 6th or 7th.
Wouldnt be disappointed to be in that as a first tilt into europe.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Other benefit of qualifying for Europe would mean that we might get to keep a player for another year who might otherwise be offski. The Conference? Mabe not so much ...................

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Glasgow Rangers almost won it last season, losing out in a penalty shootout in the final.
I would confidently predict Brighton would beat both Celtic and Rangers nowadays due to the obvious financial advantage of being in the EPL.
So yes, we should be looking to go far in it, like the FA Cup.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we don’t want to experience the demands and achievement of European football then really, what is the point ?! :shrug:
De Zerbe would be off if he didn’t trust Bloom on the whole dream thing…. Tony said 10th … gotta got higher now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here