[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Leverkusen in after Frankfurt lose DFB Pokal to Leipzig.
This is both great and bad. I really want us to play them and I really don’t want us to play them. Quite a few of theirs have been to our big games and I’d hate for a dodgy 90th minute goal to get in the way of that. On the other hand Cologne is one of the best places in Europe, only Berlin would have been a better German trip on this tour.

Delighted Rennes are through (and Nantes have survived their relegation game). Would be a very nice double header if fate decrees it

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Aberdeen confirmed their place today so is there any possibility of Edinburgh?

Delighted Rennes are through
That's a shame as it means Monaco are out and I only have purchase history. Could we possibly meet them in the Conference League?

Love a good railway me.
Hence your name? I always presumed it was cocaine related 😱

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The latest confirmed teams after today's fixtures in Europe.

Screenshot 2023-06-03 at 22.32.56.png

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The latest confirmed teams after today's fixtures in Europe.

View attachment 161763
My eyes will be on the Serie A tomorrow, as Atalanta/Roma/Juventus battle it out for qualification to the group stage.

Also it is the final day of the leagues in Belgium and Ukraine, as teams try to get into the Champions League qualifying rounds, including Royale Union SG.
Whilst those who are unlucky will be in the Europa League play-off round.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Half-time in Serie A and so far Roma and Atalanta both qualifying.

Would be useful for this thread to be pinned - it's my favourite on NSC at the moment!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

That's a shame as it means Monaco are out and I only have purchase history. Could we possibly meet them in the Conference League?

Hence your name? I always presumed it was cocaine related 😱
Shame Monaco are out , far nicer then a trip to Germany or Scotland

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My eyes will be on the Serie A tomorrow, as Atalanta/Roma/Juventus battle it out for qualification to the group stage.

Also it is the final day of the leagues in Belgium and Ukraine, as teams try to get into the Champions League qualifying rounds, including Royale Union SG.
Whilst those who are unlucky will be in the Europa League play-off round.
I think RDZ hates Atalanta and they hate him - would rather avoid them!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bring them on then . Into the lions den . Europe away going to open a lot of eyes . Can’t wait
I’m literally awaiting the Europe screamed for a policemen posts on here 🤣

PS - Don’t trust foreign police at football!

PPS - I think RDZ’s record against them is pretty poor hence I’d rather not them!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do Atalanta punch above their weight as a club ?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
With 10 mins to go Juventus have scored at Udinese to go above Roma.
Currently it's Atalanta and Juve heading to the Europa League.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Roma have just scored in the dying minutes to go 2-1 ahead against Spezia.
It's currently Atlanta and Roma going into the Europa League.

Edit: Not sure what's going on at Roma, but they are in the 15th minute of time added on. (Roma still 2-1 up)

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Roma have just scored in the dying minutes to go 2-1 ahead against Spezia.
It's currently Atlanta and Roma going into the Europa League.

Edit: Not sure what's going on at Roma, but they are in the 15th minute of time added on. (Roma still 2-1 up)
Roma were employing all sorts of different tricks to try and wind the clock down. Players rolling around with non injuries and ball boys refusing to hand the ball back. Well played the referee because he was having none of it. I really wanted us to face Juventus if we were going to face anyone. Really don't fancy Roma.

I'm sick and tired of seeing all these players feigning injury and employing time wasting tactics. Need some heavy fines and lengthy bans.

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Well, hope you're happy you're getting those Roma fans instead of us. :lolol: :facepalm:

I thought we were done with the suffering this season but apparently we could still take some more, for example getting kicked out of the Europa League position (despite winning our match) because of a Roma penalty awarded in the 90th minute. And scored by Dybala (our former well-loved #10 who went to Roma this season.) Aaghjjjkkgknf

At this point I hope UEFA go through with their threats and ban us from the Conference League, so that our manager next season (whoever it might be) won't have to pretend to care about it and will be able to focus 100% on the league.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Only in the Europa Conference League, if Brighton drop down, and either Hearts or Hibernian make it to the knockout stage.
Yeah, just like Hearts or Hibernian, if we drop down to the Conference League and Monaco make it to the knockout stage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports