Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Europa League - What we know so far

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Interesting. So we definitely don't want TSC then, 5% of 4,500 is not very much is it! (225!!). Who even are they?
Yeah, never previously heard of them either. Apparently, they are a Serbian team from a town called Backa Topola, which is in the north of the country near the Hungarian border.

They actually qualified for the Champions league, but as per the model, are predicted to lose their play off.

According to Wikipedia, ex-Birmingham City circus freak Nikola Zigic started his career there.

(busier lunch, just gone on a break)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I am convinced that we will sell out all three away group games..... Of course if some far flung place offers us 10k tickets, then this might be a hard sell,... but most destinations in west ior central Europe will sell very quickly.
All group games will sell out, no problem.
Yeah, never previously heard of them either. Apparently, they are a Serbian team from a town called Backa Topola, which is in the north of the country near the Hungarian border.

They actually qualified for the Champions league, but as per the model, are predicted to lose their play off.

According to Wikipedia, ex-Birmingham City circus freak Nikola Zigic started his career there.

(busier lunch, just gone on a break)
Freak? Played a few years for Valencia, scored in the Carling Cup final. I’d be happy to be a freak on that basis!

Last edited:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
All group games will sell out, no problem. I am a member in cat 1

Freak? Played a few years for Valencia, scored in the Carling Cup final. I’d be happy to be a freak on that basis!
I remember being at the the drabbest of 0-0 draws at St Andrews back in the championship, where Birmingham's sole tactic was their wingers launching it towards Zigic's altitudinous noggin.

That's an afternoon I'll never get back.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I remember being at the the drabbest of 0-0 draws at St Andrews back in the championship, where Birmingham's sole tactic was their wingers launching it towards Zigic's altitudinous noggin.

That's an afternoon I'll never get back.
The problem with Zigic is that despite being very tall he couldn’t jump. He did score crucial goals though, somehow!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I'm not so sure. It's easy for people to say "I'll be there regardless" but when they have a job, are short of cash or hit by the reality of a 12+ hour trip they may start to wane. I'm retired so I'll be going to wherever on the Mon / Tue and returning on the Saturday I guess.
Same as that.
I’ll be taking the Mrs so have to crowbar a bit of sightseeing in before hand to keep her sweet, but she doesn’t mind the football really. I have shown her a couple of ultra chair luzzing vids which she doesn’t seem too keen on that aspect of the trip.
Got a bit excited last night watching West Ham and thought we’ve beat them easy over the last few years so surely we’re going to get to the final next year. By the end of the game I’d booked 3 nights in Dublin next May

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well.

We might have to make the most of this looking at clubs involved since 2010:

2010/11, Villa, Citeh & Liverpool.
2011/12, Tottenham, Birmingham, Fulham, Stoke, ManUre & Citeh.
2012/13, Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham & Chelsea.
2013/14, Swansea & Tottenham.
2014-15, Hull, Tottenham, Liverpool & Everton.
2015/16, West Ham, Southampton, Tottenham, ManUre & Liverpool.
2016/17, West Ham, Southampton &, ManUre.
201718, Everton & The Arse.
2018/19, Burnley, The Arse & Chelsea.
2019/20, Arsenal, Wolves & ManUre.
2020/21, Leicester, Tottenham, The Arse and ManUre.
2021/22, Leicester & West Ham.
2022/23, The Arse & ManUre.

Some surprises there. It seems that unless you are a regular competitor, your involvement will soon be forgotten by fans of other clubs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The problem with Zigic is that despite being very tall he couldn’t jump. He did score crucial goals though, somehow!
Like Crouch and Burn.

It wouldn't surprise me, also, to find that they have tiny willies, too. For their height.

What?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same as that.
I’ll be taking the Mrs so have to crowbar a bit of sightseeing in before hand to keep her sweet, but she doesn’t mind the football really. I have shown her a couple of ultra chair luzzing vids which she doesn’t seem too keen on that aspect of the trip.
Got a bit excited last night watching West Ham and thought we’ve beat them easy over the last few years so surely we’re going to get to the final next year. By the end of the game I’d booked 3 nights in Dublin next May
I have nothing but admiration. Were I a tiny bit more pissed, or sober, either might had done, I'd be right behind you on the ferry to Glory.

It's ours to lose.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
View attachment 161894
Shame we won't meet Dortmund along the way, 6 beers for €14. I wonder if other German clubs do similar deals?
Was discussing this with some mates after the West Ham glass throwing thing last night. Always thought it was Uefa wide where you couldn’t drink in view of the pitch - but guessing that’s changed or was never correct? Anyone know?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Was discussing this with some mates after the West Ham glass throwing thing last night. Always thought it was Uefa wide where you couldn’t drink in view of the pitch - but guessing that’s changed or was never correct? Anyone know?
I was at a game in Copenhagen at the weekend, no problem in taking a carton of 6 Carlsbergs to your seat (not all for me, I hasten to add!)

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Like Crouch and Burn.

It wouldn't surprise me, also, to find that they have tiny willies, too. For their height.

What?
I used to go to Corals back in the day when the Albion players used it too, they were not shy in wandering around showing their meat and 2 veg in the changing room. I can’t say I noticed if the taller players had lesser attributes elsewhere. A few years later when he was Citeh manager, I was in a restaurant in Manchester and Brian Horton was sat on the next table, I was very tempted to use the old line that I didn’t recognise him with his clothes on ….

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I have nothing but admiration. Were I a tiny bit more pissed, or sober, either might had done, I'd be right behind you on the ferry to Glory.

It's ours to lose.
(y) Have a couple more lotions

The thing is, IF we did make it to the final, I’ve got my digs sorted, the Doris gets to see another European capital and we’re all happy.
If we don’t get there I can cancel the hotel FOC or we can go to Dublin anyway, drink Guinness and dodge plastic Chairs For a couple of days.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Well.

We might have to make the most of this looking at clubs involved since 2010:

2010/11, Villa, Citeh & Liverpool.
2011/12, Tottenham, Birmingham, Fulham, Stoke, ManUre & Citeh.
2012/13, Liverpool, Newcastle, Tottenham & Chelsea.
2013/14, Swansea & Tottenham.
2014-15, Hull, Tottenham, Liverpool & Everton.
2015/16, West Ham, Southampton, Tottenham, ManUre & Liverpool.
2016/17, West Ham, Southampton &, ManUre.
201718, Everton & The Arse.
2018/19, Burnley, The Arse & Chelsea.
2019/20, Arsenal, Wolves & ManUre.
2020/21, Leicester, Tottenham, The Arse and ManUre.
2021/22, Leicester & West Ham.
2022/23, The Arse & ManUre.

Some surprises there. It seems that unless you are a regular competitor, your involvement will soon be forgotten by fans of other clubs.

just had a look at Swanseas run as didnt even know about it.

Had to play qualifiers but made it to the last 32 ( including a 3-0 win in valencia ).

Ultimately got knocked out by Napoli after drawing with them at home.

Their fans had 6 away days in Europe

Not too shabby at all

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
just had a look at Swanseas run as didnt even know about it.

Had to play qualifiers but made it to the last 32 ( including a 3-0 win in valencia ).

Ultimately got knocked out by Napoli after drawing with them at home.

Their fans had 6 away days in Europe

Not too shabby at all
Wigan Athletic were also in there in 2013/14 as a Div 2 side. Came within a half of reaching the knockout stages.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Pretty sure I won't be eligible to manage any away tickets. Still pretty keen on travelling to a match anyway just to soak up the European Tour atmosphere.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Until about 5 years ago UEFA had banned any alcohol sales at stadiums hosting European games. Nowadays local rules apply so in England, for example, you can't drink in view of the pitch, whereas in Germany, Italy, and, I think, the Czech Republic you can drink in the stand.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Right, apolgises if any of this is wrong, but tonight was a big night for some of our possible opponents in the Europa League.

Why? Because the second leg of the Champions League First Qualifying Round was completed tonight for some ties.

We could play some of these teams if they get through the next UCL Qualifying Round and then lose. It's all very complicated, which I tried to make easier by the chart i've created below, but UEFA doesn't make things simple.

Bottom line, we could still be heading to Belarus as BATE won, possibly a trip to Moldova after Sheriff won in extra time or even Bosnia as Zrinjski won on penalties.

It's still early days and things will become clearer after the next round, but still it's a start!
1689718284283.png

1689718660927.png

Attachments

• 1689718139295.png
    1689718139295.png
    286 KB · Views: 70

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here